• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
a little item that the collective has missed: SanDisk Cruiser 128GB for only $60 (+tax).

mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   ..yes, you are right. but a troll can drive you to do stupid things sometimes!Sometimes it is better IMHO to post things as NEVER than have to explain exceptions FOREVER.I'm not sure what that means. Would you please explain it to me?

foxmon said:   Just out of curiosity, what do you do with all the FAR stuffs you buy?Oh, good to see you out of hibernation after all these years. Really!!!???

On a serious note, allow me to state the obvious which many FWers sometimes fail to see:

On here, when we discuss Staples and FAR items, we are essentially talking about how to monetize our rewards. Simple plan: walk in. buy stuff. use rewards. submit rebate. receive check. cash check. celebrate.
This simple plan gets complicated when sometimes, the FAR item is actually useful and not junk. We tend to give it value, and therefore hoard it. Or are very selective in giving it out or selling it, trying to double-dip. This would not happen if the FAR item was, say, a rock.
I propose that to preserve our sanity, we should treat every FAR item as contaminated, and get rid of it as quickly as possible. Drop it in the Staples donation box, give it to the first stranger we see, pass it on to the neighbor we like, or even dislike. The more we attribute value to it, the deeper we are in storage trouble.
Just monetize the reward, and be content.

5 off 25 email just came in. Now need to decide what to buy besides free paper

aarzi said:   mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   ..yes, you are right. but a troll can drive you to do stupid things sometimes!Sometimes it is better IMHO to post things as NEVER than have to explain exceptions FOREVER.I'm not sure what that means. Would you please explain it to me?NEVER use rewards on rewards items. Well, there is an exception but it takes FOREVER to explain it. I was being absolute in my comment for effect. Takes things off tangent as the exception does not apply to this week's deal and not worth talking about in this thread.

So, I consider myself a Staples novice. Not quite a newbie, but a far stretch from the experts here on FW. I have $29 in rewards for December (see, novice .. as I'm sure the experts have a lot more than that right now), and the $5 off $25 or more. The paper is $14.99 per pack, limit 2 (or potentially more, as apparently sometimes the limit goes up in store). That's $29.98, and an easy way to cash out the rewards. However, if I find something for $4, this will make my total essentially $34, use the coupon, basically no out of pocket cost out the door. From everything I've read, the coupon will get distributed across the products, so the paper cost will be reduced on the receipt. However, from the MM threads, it appears that the reduced cost will not decrease the amount on rebate (so the rebate should still come in at $29.98). Q1: From the experts, is this accurate? Q2: Better still, if the limit is 4 instead of two, with the $5 off coupon (and buying three packs of paper and nothing else), this should be a slight MM, correct? (I'm avoiding the MIR software.)

Edited to add: This, of course, assumes that they will honor the $5 off $25 the day after it expires.

wam1 said:   It doesn't sound right (or fair) to me, having worked for corporations that don't make you pay for your supplies that are required to do your job, but (as my roommate says) teaching in a public school is a whole different thing.

Oh, they're catching on. My SO's for-profit hospital recently cut off purchase of pens, paper, and other office supplies. Strangely, they still REQUIRE that employees write stuff... on something (presumably paper). So, under the guise of "austerity," they are merely shifting the burden of basic supplies onto the employee, just so they can do their jobs. I'm waiting for the memo that will require patients to bring their own medicine.

labboypro said:   I'm waiting for the memo that will require patients to bring their own medicine.I always joke that I'm waiting to be told I have to bring my own toilet paper. Fortunately, Staples has good deals on it occasionally .

labboypro said:   wam1 said:   It doesn't sound right (or fair) to me, having worked for corporations that don't make you pay for your supplies that are required to do your job, but (as my roommate says) teaching in a public school is a whole different thing.

Oh, they're catching on. My SO's for-profit hospital recently cut off purchase of pens, paper, and other office supplies. Strangely, they still REQUIRE that employees write stuff... on something (presumably paper). So, under the guise of "austerity," they are merely shifting the burden of basic supplies onto the employee, just so they can do their jobs. I'm waiting for the memo that will require patients to bring their own medicine.

What happens when employees simply don't bring the stuff?

I did a McAfee rebate for this same thing that was for 49.99 about 2 weeks ago. I cant find the McAfee language as to whether Id be able to do this one as well. Im assuming not.

jianqiangfang said:   Hopefully we can use the the 5 off 25 coupon on Sunday.

Coupon says 1 per household. Will it get rejected if trying to use it with Staples Rewards account attached if you've already used it once?

dukerau said:   jianqiangfang said:   Hopefully we can use the the 5 off 25 coupon on Sunday.

Coupon says 1 per household. Will it get rejected if trying to use it with Staples Rewards account attached if you've already used it once?
No. Staples does not edit 5 digit general use coupons for previous use even if you give them a rewards number.

jd2010 said:   I did a McAfee rebate for this same thing that was for 49.99 about 2 weeks ago. I cant find the McAfee language as to whether Id be able to do this one as well. Im assuming not.

Check the Newegg FAR thread before doing any McAfee rebates!

kmsandrbs said:   So, I consider myself a Staples novice. Not quite a newbie, but a far stretch from the experts here on FW. I have $29 in rewards for December (see, novice .. as I'm sure the experts have a lot more than that right now), and the $5 off $25 or more. The paper is $14.99 per pack, limit 2 (or potentially more, as apparently sometimes the limit goes up in store). That's $29.98, and an easy way to cash out the rewards. However, if I find something for $4, this will make my total essentially $34, use the coupon, basically no out of pocket cost out the door. From everything I've read, the coupon will get distributed across the products, so the paper cost will be reduced on the receipt. However, from the MM threads, it appears that the reduced cost will not decrease the amount on rebate (so the rebate should still come in at $29.98). Q1: From the experts, is this accurate? Q2: Better still, if the limit is 4 instead of two, with the $5 off coupon (and buying three packs of paper and nothing else), this should be a slight MM, correct? (I'm avoiding the MIR software.)

Edited to add: This, of course, assumes that they will honor the $5 off $25 the day after it expires.
Everything you wrote is fine.

Since you don't need to buy something to go over $25, you can just spend $29, and get a balance voucher for $5. This you can spend later (in full) on something you actually need.

MISTERCHEAP said:   my4mainecoons said:   $68 + $14.99 = $82.99
Would be even nicer if we got a coupon.
No sales tax in DE, NH or OR.

actually, I'm hoping the photo paper is limit 4. Last time they ran this (at BFriday), it showed limit 2 on the paper ad, but the rebate form actually showed limit 4!
Limit 2.

Is this McAfee® Total Protection 2013, 3 PCs a "different" product than the 1PC that was FAR about 2 weeks ago?
I am asking because I am afraid Parago/McAfee will deny the rebate since they stated only "one rebate per name/household/address".

Check your email - FARewards 2013 calendar, limit 2. - "Free after rewards, Just buy a Staples Desk pad calendar, 22" * 17", limit 2, value $5 - 45845. Limit 2, valid Sunday through Monday."

Dano

all sales now live, additional free a/rwds item added to OP (thx Dano)

If you see the coupon link under Deals drop down on Staples.com front page, there are $100 off 3 Toshiba laptops, a Sony laptop, an HP laptop. $4.99 canned air, etc.

HEADS UP!

If you've purchased and submitted MIR's for McAfee around Black Friday/Early Dec, be sure to read this DD thread.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1244392/

I expect this to be an ongoing issue, not isolated to the first batch of 2013 titles/submissions. So pay attention to them so you get your checks properly.

MISTERCHEAP said:   http://weeklyad.staples.com/Staples/BrowseByPage?StoreID=2278456...

Staples® photo supreme 8.5" x 11" paper, double-sided matte, 50/ pack

$14.99 - $14.99 easy rebate = FREE

Valid December 16 - December 22

In store only. Limit 2 rebates per household. While supplies last.

Add to In-Store List
Check In-Store Availability

Item: 564121
Model: 19895-CC/US

For sparkling photos that resist fading.
•8 1/2" x 11"
•Double sided flat matte finish for detailed graphics, and sharp text
•Heavy 11 mil thickness for the look and feel of a true photograph
•230 gsm
•Photo lab-quality paper delivers sharp images and vibrant colors
•Tear and curl resistant

McAfee® Total Protection 2013, 3 PCs

$79.99 - $12 instant savings - $68 mail-in rebate = FREE

ONLINE OR INSTORE!

Item: 959597

Limit 1 rebate per household.

100% back in Staples Rewards® when you buy a 16/pack of Duracell® AA batteriesUPCOMING DEAL Not Yet Rated

A $13.99 value

While supplies last. Limit 2 per customer. In store only. Price eligible for meeting minimum spend requirement is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping.

Item: 581672
Model: MN1500B16

•16/Pack AA or AAA (two total limit, 2 of AA or AAA, or 1 of each kind)
•7 year shelf life
•Provides the highest quality and dependability in the everyday devices you use the most

100% back in Staples Rewards when you buy a 16/pack of Duracell® AAA batteriesA $13.99 value

thnx danomcgarrett
MC - Glad to be able to help especially when you do the heavy lifting!

Dano

jianqiangfang said:   Hopefully we can use the the 5 off 25 coupon on Sunday.

The 5 off 25 coupon was accepted today (Sunday) as expected.

Has the grace period ever extended beyond one day afer expiration?

Stolat said:   jianqiangfang said:   Hopefully we can use the the 5 off 25 coupon on Sunday.

The 5 off 25 coupon was accepted today (Sunday) as expected.

Has the grace period ever extended beyond one day afer expiration?
Usually goes 2 days on a five digit coupon code. Add it to a basket online when logged in to check if expired tomorrow. Most likely will say only good in store. The issue for the first 2 days past expiration is getting them to scan it. YMMV.

metsfan said:   Something I did Black Friday weekend, available again:

Omnitech 12-sheet shredder: $59.99
2 Staples photo papers: $29.98
filler.. I found something for : $0.50
Total: $90.47
Use 25% off any shredder mobile app coupon, -$15.00. Use $10 off $75 mobile app coupon (need the filler to get over $75 after the 25% coupon). YMMV on using two mobile app coupons in the same transaction, I've never had a problem.

$90.47 - $15 - $10 (+tax) = 65.47. Rebates of $35 on the shredder, $29.98 on the photo paper = 64.98. Basically pay only filler + tax, or if you pay with rewards, no tax.

Of course, if you don't need the shredder and can use the $5 off $25 on Sunday, you can just do two photo papers and a $5 off $25 and profit a little instead of "just" free.

I actually am looking to buy the shredder. Installed the Staples app but couldn't find the 25% off coupon. Searched FW forums too. Appreciate if you could post the coupon code or the way to get it. Thanks.

I bought the batteries last week. Can I still buy it and get the full amt back in rewards?

trunksu said:   I bought the batteries last week. Can I still buy it and get the full amt back in rewards?2 in total for this week and you can do another 2 next week. Promo ends 12/29 or until supplies run out.

amhidogha said:   ...I actually am looking to buy the shredder. Installed the Staples app but couldn't find the 25% off coupon. Searched FW forums too. Appreciate if you could post the coupon code or the way to get it. Thanks.http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1180409/

mathfaster said:   amhidogha said:   ...I actually am looking to buy the shredder. Installed the Staples app but couldn't find the 25% off coupon. Searched FW forums too. Appreciate if you could post the coupon code or the way to get it. Thanks.http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1180409/

Thanks mathfaster. Had looked at that thread earlier and now too but don't see any shredder one. Also, when I click on My Deals-> My Check In Coupons, the page is blank.

amhidogha said:   mathfaster said:   amhidogha said:   ...I actually am looking to buy the shredder. Installed the Staples app but couldn't find the 25% off coupon. Searched FW forums too. Appreciate if you could post the coupon code or the way to get it. Thanks.http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1180409/

Thanks mathfaster. Had looked at that thread earlier and now too but don't see any shredder one.
It should be in the list in the quick summary. Will take you 4 days of checking in to get it. This thread is not as well maintained as the one on that other forum. Here is the current list for what you are interested in:

1. $10 off $75 or more This coupon is now the starting coupon after a factory reset or after installing the application.
2. 20% off all Tech Service
3. 50% off your binder purchase > $20. * Applies to multiple items of different sizes and colors
4. 25% off any shredder

Hi MathFaster, Does Batteris deal end 12/29 or 12/31. Cause i was trying to score total $100 to get $25 rebate from duracell. I have been Price matching with Ace Hardware for $10. So i may not do the PriceMAtch from this week if it ends 12/29. Please confirm.

Deal ends 12/29 - how did you get the Ace PM? They shot it down for me yesterday saying they don't PM Ace online.

Dano

mathfaster said:   amhidogha said:   
Thanks mathfaster. Had looked at that thread earlier and now too but don't see any shredder one.
It should be in the list in the quick summary. Will take you 4 days of checking in to get it. This thread is not as well maintained as the one on that other forum. Here is the current list for what you are interested in:

1. $10 off $75 or more This coupon is now the starting coupon after a factory reset or after installing the application.
3. 50% off your binder purchase > $20. * Applies to multiple items of different sizes and colors
4. 25% off any shredder

Thanks. Was able to use the location trick and get a 10 off 75. Tried multiple stores/cities, still unable to get the 25% off shredder.

2 of the 5 Staples stores in a 25 mile radius (south Florida) have closed down in the past few months. A third is closing on January 5th. Dont know whats the status on the others yet. I heard Staples was bought out by a private equity firm because they were in financial trouble.

How is it in other areas?

amhidogha said:   mathfaster said:   amhidogha said:   

4. 25% off any shredder

Thanks. Was able to use the location trick and get a 10 off 75. Tried multiple stores/cities, still unable to get the 25% off shredder.
One every 24 hours. Going to take you four days. Multiple stores/cities does not work. Never has. App keys on device id or something like that.

vrb747 said:   2 of the 5 Staples stores in a 25 mile radius (south Florida) have closed down in the past few months. A third is closing on January 5th. Dont know whats the status on the others yet. I heard Staples was bought out by a private equity firm because they were in financial trouble.

How is it in other areas?

my store moved to a smaller location in October; no longer carrying furniture

If I were to place a kiosk order for $49 and pay instore, could I get my $1 filler (to reach $50 for a coupon) in store or do I have to get the filler online?

just in case someone sees the FAR next week for the photo paper: the rebate will be a continuing rebate (12/16-12/25)

VivYip said:   just in case someone sees the FAR next week for the photo paper: the rebate will be a continuing rebate (12/16-12/25)And the ream copy select will be a continuing rebate as well but will end on 12/29. Strange the 2 do not coincide but whatever.

Thx OP, I have over 200 batteries now between this and OM. Forgot to use the 5/25 coupon, oh well.

Next week should get me to the $100 spent for the duracell rebate.

mathfaster said:   VivYip said:   just in case someone sees the FAR next week for the photo paper: the rebate will be a continuing rebate (12/16-12/25)And the ream copy select will be a continuing rebate as well but will end on 12/29. Strange the 2 do not coincide but whatever.

meaning I can do one rebate each week or one rebate for the duration of the promotion ?

Thanks

sunrise said:   mathfaster said:   VivYip said:   just in case someone sees the FAR next week for the photo paper: the rebate will be a continuing rebate (12/16-12/25)And the ream copy select will be a continuing rebate as well but will end on 12/29. Strange the 2 do not coincide but whatever.

meaning I can do one rebate each week or one rebate for the duration of the promotion ?

Thanks
One rebate for the duration of the promotion up to the limit for a given promotion.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.