• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

nook
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Dunno if that was really the case, the eBay listing just said "Limited quantity available". Hardly unusual in any case ... (more)

ralpho (Dec. 14, 2012 @ 9:43a) |

^ Of course things sell out. This didn't end because it sold out. It ended because the day was over. SD had "(eBay Daily... (more)

Slickone (Dec. 14, 2012 @ 10:12a) |

Excellent deal. Got mine for $99 a few weeks ago, and I'm very happy with it.

HardwareLust (Dec. 14, 2012 @ 12:19p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What kind of warranty does these come with?

Saw this on SD and bought one.added tax in FL

Crap, and i just paid $99 the other day for this on a selma posted deal.

pjrxj said:   What kind of warranty does these come with?didn't read closely, but B&N is the seller.

I have one of these, bought new, and I have mine boot off the SD card with CyanogenMod. That way you don't void the warranty but still get a unlocked tablet to use as you please. Take the SD card out and it returns to a normal Nook.

root and install MIUI for your own ipad mini

Marlin1975 said:   I have one of these, bought new, and I have mine boot off the SD card with CyanogenMod. That way you don't void the warranty but still get a unlocked tablet to use as you please. Take the SD card out and it returns to a normal Nook.
Sounds like you're mistaking this Nook Tablet for a "normal Nook" (Nook Color).

JamesD1343 said:   root and install MIUI for your own ipad mini

Don't see Nook Tablet only Color.

gbuskirk said:   Marlin1975 said:   I have one of these, bought new, and I have mine boot off the SD card with CyanogenMod. That way you don't void the warranty but still get a unlocked tablet to use as you please. Take the SD card out and it returns to a normal Nook.

Ahhh no. I have a 16gb nook tablet, the one being offered here. I boot off the SD card with CyanogenMod.

I would love to make my nook color an ipad mini is anyone selling the rooted disks completed. I looked at the instructions and i'm a wimp?

Does anyone have the nook tablet unrooted can you get your aol mail? It looks like it can stream stuff.

Jlovey2 said:   I would love to make my nook color an ipad mini is anyone selling the rooted disks completed. I looked at the instructions and i'm a wimp?

Does anyone have the nook tablet unrooted can you get your aol mail? It looks like it can stream stuff.

I can't offer an opinion as to quality, but these guys sell a card for booting Nook Color/Nook Tablet into Jellybean, complete with full Google Market (I refuse to say "Play") access.

http://www.n2acards.com/?gclid=CMyt4LygmLQCFSmCQgodNB0ANg

I'm not sure how much original work they're doing, and how much of what they're charging for is just the value-add of something extremely easy.

Might want to put specs in OP or summary. I can't access eBay here at work or I would.
OP, also need to put shipping cost (if any) in the title (or OP).

gbuskirk said:   Marlin1975 said:   I have one of these, bought new, and I have mine boot off the SD card with CyanogenMod. That way you don't void the warranty but still get a unlocked tablet to use as you please. Take the SD card out and it returns to a normal Nook.

I think maybe you're mistaken (?), or I don't understand your post. The Nook Tablet is a slightly better version of the Nook Color.

Here is how you can build your own SD boot card for the Nook Tablet. Just need a class 6 or 10 microSD card (I am using class 10 and it runs very fast) 8gb or larger.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1481826

Oh I am using CM7. The newwer version, 10, is out but I think it may have some bugs still.

I saw them and meant to ask if the old nook colors are stable at 4.1 right now I run cm7 but, I bought that card off eBay. It was perfect with directions and a phone number if I had a problem

I put CM10 paranoid android ROM on a nook color 2 days ago, and it runs amazing. I'm shocked how much they've done on such an old tablet. It runs FASTER than my CM7 build, and hope they'll port the changes over to MIUI soon. I miss not having my MUI CM 7.1, but its nice being able to run tablet specific apps like my Next magazine app.

It really is a great cheap IPAD mini, sure the screen is not as big, but the screen is fantastic quality.

Are these covered under the standard 1 year warranty? Also what would be the advantage of a Squaretrade 1 year warranty?

Strange that MIUI seems to be popular, yet this is the first I've heard of. Is it better than CM?

Does refurbished come with a new battery? If not, you pay your money, you take your chances.

Dead. Sale ended.

ccole said:   Jlovey2 said:   I would love to make my nook color an ipad mini is anyone selling the rooted disks completed. I looked at the instructions and i'm a wimp?

I can't offer an opinion as to quality, but these guys sell a card for booting Nook Color/Nook Tablet into Jellybean, complete with full Google Market (I refuse to say "Play") access.

http://www.n2acards.com/?gclid=CMyt4LygmLQCFSmCQgodNB0ANg

I'm not sure how much original work they're doing, and how much of what they're charging for is just the value-add of something extremely easy.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!

These sites are hacks that take the software that everyone else has developed and then sells it! Check out XDA forum and do a little research and see why this is what people would call "N2a cards are like the blood diamonds of the nook android dev community"

Support the developers if you can't download a couple of files and put them on an micro SD card yourself.

Slickone said:   Are these covered under the standard 1 year warranty? Also what would be the advantage of a Squaretrade 1 year warranty?

Strange that MIUI seems to be popular, yet this is the first I've heard of. Is it better than CM?

This. Is it just a slick UI where they keep tightening up the odds and ends to get it even more professional in quality?

Arrg! OP should have put "one day only"!

Slickone said:   Arrg! OP should have put "one day only"!

Dunno if that was really the case, the eBay listing just said "Limited quantity available". Hardly unusual in any case that a hot deal should sell out, especially this time of year...

^ Of course things sell out. This didn't end because it sold out. It ended because the day was over. SD had "(eBay Daily Deal)" in the title of their deal, which I just saw this morning.
Thanks for the red. FYI, no need to quote the post directly above you.

Excellent deal. Got mine for $99 a few weeks ago, and I'm very happy with it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.