• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sadly, I have Visa, but hopefully this will be helpful for others. $10 off a single item of $50 or more.

Fine print:
To qualify for the discount, MasterCard Debit Card must be used on a single item purchase of $50 or greater. Coupon excludes the following: Home Theater: Bose® audio products; Polk Audio; Denon; Boston Acoustics; Sony televisions, audio & Blu-ray players; Magnolia Home Theater® products: Bowers & Wilkins, MartinLogan, McIntosh, NuVision, Sonos and SpeakerCraft Audio merchandise, Control4 merchandise and special order merchandise; Musical Instruments: Fender, Squier, Boss, Rolland, Epiphone, Gibson; Portable Electronics: Apple® iPods® and Bose products; Digital Imaging: Sony WX10, TX10, TX100, TX55, HX7, HX9, HX100 and Sony NEX-3 cameras; Sony D-SLR cameras, lenses and flashes: Sony camcorders; GoPro cameras; Nikon D-SLR cameras, lenses and flashes; Phones: No Contract phones, broadband and airtime cards on all carriers, no contract airtime cards; Gaming Hardware; Pacific Sales products; Geek Squad®: C.O.D. Geek Squad services. Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No Cash Back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase.

Best Buy
See Best Buy coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

best buy (13.08kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

lots of exclusions but doesn't seem to exclude just buying a $50 GC?

I used these to buy Amazon kindle gift cards last week. They scan but do not take off any discount. The cashiers just manually took off the $10. I imagine it will work the same for BB gift cards as well. Probably won't automatically take off the $10, but you should be able to talk them into manually doing the discount......

Could you combine this with the 2 games + $40 gift card deal?

mattun said:   Could you combine this with the 2 games + $40 gift card deal?

I would guess not since it says "when you spend $50 or more on a SINGLE item in-store..." But I'd be curious to know if anyone was able to do it anyway.

I guess you could just buy a $50 gift card, use the coupon, and get back in line with the games.

Can this coupon be used multiple times? i.e. buy an Amazon $50 card in one transaction and then get back in line and keep repeating?

Master card credit card not allowed ?

just went. got Amazon kindle cards. the cashier had to go to the manager because it didn't automatically scan $10 off. was worried for a moment but luckily the wording was very clear that giftcards were not excluded. so the cashier had to adjust the price to $40 manually. then tried the BB gift card for $50, but he couldn't adjust the price down. he asked the manager and they said that the BB GC cannot be adjusted down. but they let me get another Amazon.

BTW, I paid with AMEX. Just thinking, if you combine this with the AMEX offer for $20 off $200... you could get $250 Amazon kindle gift cards for $180. Better than Target offer from last year.

What the heck - need to buy an Amazon gc anyway, so will give it a shot with a MC credit card

4Rugal said:   just went. got Amazon kindle cards. the cashier had to go to the manager because it didn't automatically scan $10 off. was worried for a moment but luckily the wording was very clear that giftcards were not excluded. so the cashier had to adjust the price to $40 manually. then tried the BB gift card for $50, but he couldn't adjust the price down. he asked the manager and they said that the BB GC cannot be adjusted down. but they let me get another Amazon.

BTW, I paid with AMEX. Just thinking, if you combine this with the AMEX offer for $20 off $200... you could get $250 Amazon kindle gift cards for $180. Better than Target offer from last year.

How did you pay with AMEX, this is a deal using MC Debit Card? Doesn't make sense to me.

4Rugal said:   just went. got Amazon kindle cards. the cashier had to go to the manager because it didn't automatically scan $10 off. was worried for a moment but luckily the wording was very clear that giftcards were not excluded. so the cashier had to adjust the price to $40 manually. then tried the BB gift card for $50, but he couldn't adjust the price down. he asked the manager and they said that the BB GC cannot be adjusted down. but they let me get another Amazon.

The max discount on $250 would be $30.

You need two transactions, one for $200 (AMEX) and $50 (MC).

Discount is 12%, which is nothing to shake a stick at.

madcowdisease said:   4Rugal said:   just went. got Amazon kindle cards. the cashier had to go to the manager because it didn't automatically scan $10 off. was worried for a moment but luckily the wording was very clear that giftcards were not excluded. so the cashier had to adjust the price to $40 manually. then tried the BB gift card for $50, but he couldn't adjust the price down. he asked the manager and they said that the BB GC cannot be adjusted down. but they let me get another Amazon.

The max discount on $250 would be $30.

You need two transactions, one for $200 (AMEX) and $50 (MC).

Discount is 12%, which is nothing to shake a stick at.

The fine print for the 20 off 200 is total purchase, so I am reading it as it not needing a single purchase at BestBuy by Dec 31. (but perhaps I am wrong). So if purchased 5x40 = 200 - 20 = $180. So to add to the YMMV, you need to pay for the couponed purchases with your AMEX. Just swipe your card after the price adjustment by the cashier. They will need to read the CID numbers though.

I was inspired to try this from Tanguy's original post (cashier needing to manually discount it).

OK, got what your are saying. When they do the manual override then have them use the AMEX instead of MC and see if they would let that through.

Thanks, was able to use this deal!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014