• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I wrote this in the flyer thread, but I think this deserves its own thread. Starting 12/16 Staples will offer the SanDisk Cruzer Glide 128GB for only $60 (+tax). That is a really low price for such a big flash drive. In fact, one can use this as an SSD (almost...)! Make you ancient machine much faster for only $60 - and extra storage.

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

SanDisk Cruzer Glide 128GB (21.97kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

zklopman said:   I wrote this in the flyer thread, but I think this deserves its own thread. Starting 12/16 Staples will offer the SanDisk Cruzer Glide 128GB for only $60 (+tax). That is a really low price for such a big flash drive. In fact, one can use this as an SSD (almost...)! Make you ancient machine much faster for only $60 - and extra storage.

you s/b able to link to it klopman, item is on Staples website, just not at the sale price yet.

Wow...I feel old. I remember when 128MB was considered big. That said, pretty sweet deal for $60.

Yup, I paid $300 for a 300mb hard drive a long, long time ago.

This is a sweet deal.

I might be a little concerned about how people (my dad et al) might treat their files on this size of a drive. IME usb drives have a higher rate of failure than a real hdd so I'd be concerned about people treating them the same and then losing something important if the disk fails to mount. Also it is much easier to physically lose such a drive.

zklopman said:   I wrote this in the flyer thread, but I think this deserves its own thread. Starting 12/16 Staples will offer the SanDisk Cruzer Glide 128GB for only $60 (+tax). That is a really low price for such a big flash drive. In fact, one can use this as an SSD (almost...)! Make you ancient machine much faster for only $60 - and extra storage.

Thanks, OP.

Link to product, Staples item 645146.

It's still going to be limited to USB 2.0 speeds, so I don't think you're going to see SSD-like speeds from the drive. That being said, it's still a freaking HUGE amount of storage, and at $60 is far less than I'm seeing it anywhere else online.

What flyer thread ? link please.

lrothkcsa said:   Wow...I feel old. I remember when 128MB was considered big. That said, pretty sweet deal for $60.

and 4 GB Hard Drive was more expensive than this.....

wo run an os and everything on a flashdrive, that's a good idea but how long would it be last?

namcongtu said:   wo run an os and everything on a flashdrive, that's a good idea but how long would it be last?
Special purpose OSes like FreeNAs run completely in RAM and write very little to the flash storage. Those OSes are OK to run from Flash.

Reading the reviews at amazon, this drive is very slow.
Given the Thanksgiving RadioShack deal of 3x 32GB for $24 (ie. $8/32GB), this one is not a hot deal.

cleverstar said:   Reading the reviews at amazon, this drive is very slow.
Given the Thanksgiving RadioShack deal of 3x 32GB for $24 (ie. $8/32GB), this one is not a hot deal.

This memory IS slow. I got in on the RatShack deal (16GB) and get <=5MB/s WRITE speed. (As reference, my 8GB Cruzer Micro writes at 7MB/s). Reads are much faster.

I don't have this drive but I do have 2 other 128GB USB 2.0 thumb drives. The problem with these drives is that they are slow, I mean, painfully slow. Sure, you get a whopping amount of storage space but you pay for it in read/write speeds.

Staples currently has a 15% off also...

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1246976/?utm_source=fe...

Wonder if we can combine these... it says storage on the list...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014