• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
9to5mac and slashgear are reporting that WalMart will have in store specials beginning December 17th. The iPhone 5 will start at $127 with the 4S dropping to $47 with 2 year contract.

The reports were that the iPad 4th generation will be $399. Plus, with the purchase of a fourth-gen iPad, you’ll receive a bonus $30 iTunes card

Target instore 12/16: Virgin Mobile’s prepaid 16GB iPhone 4S $399.99

http://9to5mac.com/2012/12/14/walmart-to-offer-iphone-5-for-127-...

http://www.slashgear.com/walmart-offering-iphone-5-for-127-start...

thanks vv-tim

new reports say iPad 3: http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/14/technology/mobile/walmart-apple-...

Walmart
See Walmart coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

iphone 5 (39.28kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Does anybody has a link to the WalMart's flyer from the past? I need it for price match. Greatly appreciate your help.... (more)

napraja (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 10:48a) |

This is dead... There was never a flyer out - all was done online and originally promoted via facebook.

rsuaver (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 11:55a) |

Every BestBuy knew about WalMart's $127 pricing... my suggestion... if this is pretty much dead at WalMart... is to call... (more)

chipchen (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 12:33p) |

• Also categorized in:

I wonder if Best Buy will again price match this? I bought my iphone 5 Saturday (8th) for $199.99. Monday they lowered it to $149.99 and they refunded me $50. I wonder if again, they'll refund me to match that lower price?

According to the LA Times the price drop started today. The 3rd generation Ipad is dropping to $399 (not the 4th generation) and if it is bought after Monday it will come with a $30 iTunes card. Price is valid for 30 days.

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-iphone-5-walmart-sales-20121214,0,1234780.story

mcgrail0007 said:   According to the LA Times the price drop started today. The 3rd generation Ipad is dropping to $399 (not the 4th generation) and if it is bought after Monday it will come with a $30 iTunes card. Price is valid for 30 days.

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-iphone-5-wal...

Hmmm, I called my local store & the girl in electronics said that today they only offer the iPad 2 for $399. Granted, she didn't scan it so YMMV.

Wonder if the 64gb ones will be discounted as well. Wife wants an upgrade.

whhhat aaa deal.

I know WalMart cellular/mobile online is LetsTalk.com, but does anyone know if WalMart has a secondary ETF to AT&T/Verizon if you buy from WalMart Brick and Mortar?

I pad 4 was $439 at Bestbuy on BF, best deal thus far.

Ipad 2 vs 3rd generation vs 4th generation.........which one is which? I'm confused.

Indicates that the price is good today?!

is anyone in WalMart and able to confirm this right now?

iPad 3 was released March 2012. iPad 4 (Retina Display) was released October 2012 at which time the iPad 3 was discontinued.

The only official iPads for sale right now are iPad 2 and iPad Retina Display (commonly called iPad 4)

iPad 4 uses the new, smaller connector while the iPad 3 uses the older, larger connector. This can be an issue if you have a lot of older charging cables, etc. although converters are available at an extra charge. iPad 4 has a faster processor. Unless I'm forgetting something, these were the major differences.

Personally, and iPad 3 is just fine since it already has Retina display. Even though discontinued by Apple, they seem to be popping up here and there on sales. However, this is a good price for an iPad 4 if this pricing is true.

SD people claiming it is true about ipad. I was one of lucky one to get ipad4 on BF from BB do you guys think they will price match or should I return buy from WalMart?

TheGMan said:   mcgrail0007 said:   According to the LA Times the price drop started today. The 3rd generation Ipad is dropping to $399 (not the 4th generation) and if it is bought after Monday it will come with a $30 iTunes card. Price is valid for 30 days.

Hmmm, I called my local store & the girl in electronics said that today they only offer the iPad 2 for $399. Granted, she didn't scan it so YMMV.

I didn't make it past "girl in electronics"...

I've just visited two different WalMart stores--neither was offering the iPad or iPhone deals, and the clerks claimed to be unaware of the 399 deal for the ipad4

Update: one of the employees I was talking to volunteered to scan an ipad2, an ipad3, and an ipad4, all 16g wifi. The ipad2 and 4 came back reg price (399/499), but the iPad 3, which was old stock still tagged at 499, scanned 399--not a bad deal in its own right. Thought I'd share.

Now that Google Maps is available on the iphone, it has become a useful device. Does Google Voice work yet?

mcgrail0007 said:   According to the LA Times the price drop started today. The 3rd generation Ipad is dropping to $399 (not the 4th generation) and if it is bought after Monday it will come with a $30 iTunes card. Price is valid for 30 days.

thats what i thought!!! IPAD 4th for 399$ which is just release a month back !

Isn't there a YMMV deal currently with Ipad4 at Target with a PM to Microcenter for $459 and receive a $50 GC?
The Target $50 GC promo ends 12/15. Buy one by tomorrow and PM to WMT on Monday if the $399 deal if true?

johnny98 said:   Now that Google Maps is available on the iphone, it has become a useful device. Does Google Voice work yet?

really ?? you mean it was not useful before ?

pls pls don't taser me.... pls don't call cops! I'll walk out of apple myself....

f1ipm0dsqd said:   Isn't there a YMMV deal currently with Ipad4 at Target with a PM to Microcenter for $459 and receive a $50 GC?
The Target $50 GC promo ends 12/15. Buy one by tomorrow and PM to WMT on Monday if the $399 deal if true?

Use a target visa card get 5% more off.

This is on WalMart's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/walmart
WalMart Hi Luis - The iPhone 5 is now priced at $127 and the iPhone 4s is priced at $47 with a new 2 year contract or eligible upgrade.
about an hour ago

edit: but from all the comments following, noone can find a store to honor yet.

Target's PM policy for online retailers:

Holiday Price Matching: select online competitors

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at a Target store between Nov. 1 and Dec. 16 and find the identical item for less at Amazon.com, WalMart.com, BestBuy.com, toysrus.com or BabiesRUs.com. Simply show us the current online price using your mobile device, or bring in a printed page showing the current online price by Dec. 16. The online price and availability will be validated by a Target team member at the Guest Service desk.

Excludes “Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be sold by WalMart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, toysrus.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from 3rd party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
Excludes Target stores in Alaska and Hawaii.
Limit quantity of 1 online price match per identical item, per guest.
Must bring in original Target receipt when requesting the price match by Dec. 16.
The retail price must be shown on the competitor’s website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested.
The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
Online prices from Nov. 22–26 are excluded.
Excludes online prices from competitors not listed above.

So - if you bought an iPad 4 at Target like I did, you would need to bring a printer circular for WalMart with the advertised price to get any money back because of the date restrictions.

Highlights on PM Policy for printed adds:
Holiday Price Matching: Target prices and competitor printed ads

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at a Target store between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24 and find the identical item for less at Target, Target.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad. Simply bring in proof of the current lower price and we’ll match that price at the Guest Service desk.

The original Target receipt must be brought in when requesting the price match by Dec. 24.

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-p...

Milay said:   Target's PM policy for online retailers:
Excludes “Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be sold by WalMart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, toysrus.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from 3rd party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
Excludes Target stores in Alaska and Hawaii.
Limit quantity of 1 online price match per identical item, per guest.
Must bring in original Target receipt when requesting the price match by Dec. 16.
The retail price must be shown on the competitor’s website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested.

Statement in bold may be a hurdle since it's only in stores.
They don't even show the iPhone's price online at all & the iPad doesn't show the discount.

FYI: WalMart erroneously stated that the deal was for the iPad 4. The deal actually is for the iPad third-generation, not the iPad 4.

Thanks!! Just got one earlier, at this price.

i wonder something going on with Apple, they never dropped their prices like these early, these frequent, especially for the current model before, at this rate, pretty soon iphone 5 will be free with contract

not sure what is going, I paid full price for the iphones like 4 weeks back. what is going on with apple, are they going to launch new ones in jan 2013. Who know what has gotten into Tim Cook head. Co has already lost $700 to 500 in last couple months.

I picked up iPhone 5 from AT&t store on Dec. 1, here's to hoping that either the store or customer service will price match.

Bestbuy already has the iPhone 5 for 100 and 4s for 50

es4life said:   Bestbuy already has the iPhone 5 for 100 and 4s for 50

elaborate please...

Title is misleading! Should say iPad 3 and not iPad 4!

ahmadcpa said:   Title is misleading! Should say iPad 3 and not iPad 4!
Early published stories were 4. New stories are for 3. YMMV.

es4life said:   Bestbuy already has the iPhone 5 for 100 and 4s for 50

Ya elaborate. I just bought the 5 Saturday (8th) for $199.99, took back my receipt Monday and they honored the $149.99 price and gave me back $50.

Pm (295.96kB)
Disclaimer
It's on the front page of bestbuy.com

Here is my price match receipt.

Even got full taxes back!

es4life said:   It's on the front page of bestbuy.com

You said Iphone 5 $100. That's not true. It's $199.99, save $50---down to $149.99, not $100.

The 4s price, the one you bought is correct.

megachacker said:   es4life said:   It's on the front page of bestbuy.com

You said Iphone 5 $100. That's not true. It's $199.99, save $50---down to $149.99, not $100.

The 4s price, the one you bought is correct.

Touché.

Now shown on WalMart home page. iPad3 for $399, your choice of color.

Skipping 109 Messages...
Every BestBuy knew about WalMart's $127 pricing... my suggestion... if this is pretty much dead at WalMart... is to call a BestBuy and see if they are still pricematching.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014