$5 Cash Back on $10+ eGift card purchase

• Minimum $10 gift card purchase
  • Maximum 500 cards per person
  • Cash back available on gift card purchase only
  • Cash back awarded per order, not per card

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
All's well that ends well? Whatever.

The above response from FW is still one of the crappiest non-statements ever.

yoregano (May. 04, 2013 @ 11:20a) |

I understand it fully.....

yesidonoitall (May. 04, 2013 @ 11:25a) |

Did you also use one of their eMailed offers, usually something free..

yesidonoitall (May. 04, 2013 @ 11:26a) |

Note that Chili's gift cards work at "Macaroni Grill," "On the Border," and "Maggiano's Little Italy"
Edit by Staff- We've reached out to the merchant in regards to the issues with clicking through after your initial order. We'll update you as soon as we get some clarification.

I had the same problem and was getting redirected to Chilli's web site, so I used another computer and my click went to the right web page. So, they are putting a new cockie that tracks your computer. I order three with three different computers because I didn't want to clear my history or Cache.

In for 1 card; Wife likes Chilis

So as an example, if I place 5 separate orders for $10 gift cards, I'm going to get $25 in Cash Back? Just want to make sure this is correct. Don't want to get burned on Cash Back once again.

anyone know if that means if I buy $50 of gift card, and will get back $25 on Cash Back? Or is it just $10 or more, i'll get $5 Cash Back? Thanks!

dafish said:   So as an example, if I place 5 separate orders for $10 gift cards, I'm going to get $25 in Cash Back? Just want to make sure this is correct. Don't want to get burned on Cash Back once again.

You'd have to come back to FW after each order, click through again to purchase another egiftcard. But yep - that about sums it up!

FoBiSM said:   anyone know if that means if I buy $50 of gift card, and will get back $25 on Cash Back? Or is it just $10 or more, i'll get $5 Cash Back? Thanks!

The second one!
$5 per order, whether you order a $10 egift card or a $50 egift card

Can the e-gift card be used at any other restaurant other than Chili's? On the border or Maggiano's?

valen9838 said:   Can the e-gift card be used at any other restaurant other than Chili's? On the border or Maggiano's?

Used to be able to do that, but not anymore...now a Chili's gift is just that: a Chili's gift card.

Just bought some via Target $10 sale. Thansk for posting OP!

My first click through ended up directly on Cashstar's site. Second click ended up on Chili's, and I have to click another button to go to Cashstar. Is that correct?

c3 said:   My first click through ended up directly on Cashstar's site. Second click ended up on Chili's, and I have to click another button to go to Cashstar. Is that correct?

c3 - No, that's not what it should be doing.
It should be taking you to chilis.cashstar.com (with a bunch of stuff after that). Landing page you can scroll down and order an egift card right there.

c3 said:   My first click through ended up directly on Cashstar's site. Second click ended up on Chili's, and I have to click another button to go to Cashstar. Is that correct?

no, if you buy the gc on the chili site, your receipt still comes from Cashstar. probably one and the same for the gift card purchase end of it.

ALSO!!! They do take Discover Card, so use that for the 5% online shopping bonus for online stuff if you have that promo on your account.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
ALSO!!! They do take Discover Card, so use that for the 5% online shopping bonus for online stuff if you have that promo on your account.

Yep, been using Discover all quarter for my online purchases.

hawpi said:   c3 said:   My first click through ended up directly on Cashstar's site. Second click ended up on Chili's, and I have to click another button to go to Cashstar. Is that correct?

c3 - No, that's not what it should be doing.
It should be taking you to chilis.cashstar.com (with a bunch of stuff after that). Landing page you can scroll down and order an egift card right there.

I'm getting: http://www.chilis.com/EN/Pages/giftcard.aspx?.....

Same with both IE9 and Chrome. 1st click: cashstar.com. 2nd click: chilis.com. You may need to clear the cookies between each order.

Hmm... I bought 6 $10 GC in 6 transactions. Same thing as you cashstar.com for first click, next 5 chilis. If I dont get $30 of CashBack showing up I will be upset...

MrVietnam said:   valen9838 said:   Can the e-gift card be used at any other restaurant other than Chili's? On the border or Maggiano's?

Used to be able to do that, but not anymore...now a Chili's gift is just that: a Chili's gift card.

Hmm, i bought one and explicitly listed the other Brinker restaurants...

Tried one. I'll see if I get the Cash Back in that one then order more if it works as stated!

In 4 five! Thanks! Will probably pick up a couple more of these later.

For anyone having issues getting back to the Cashstar site, clear your cookies between purchases.

After the purchase do we get the e-gift card #
I ordered one and i don't see any gift card # except order #

Update: i got an email with the link to e-gift card...

Ditto

Not sure why so many questions when its self explanatory For every order of $10 + get $5 back Will place a few orders Daughter likes their burgers combine it with a kids eat free coupon and saving some $$$

Maximum 500 cards per person

Also don't forget the $10 off $20 promo code when ordering online at macaroni grill...

Picked up 2 x $10, waiting for CB to materialize before I feel overjoyed

Thanks, OP!

I got 14 orders in then I got... We're sorry, but this transaction has been declined. If you continue to have this problem please contact customer support.

My bank detected unusual activity.

I also got an email from Chili's:

Thank you for purchasing a Chili's eGift Card! For cardholder security and protection, we require additional verification of credit card information on first-time purchases.

To release the order and deliver your gift, please call our eGift Card Support Line at 1-877-233-4171. Our hours of operation are from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST Monday through Friday. For your convenience and protection, we will return the order if we do not hear from you.

FYI: Preappoval is $12 per $10.

What is preapproval?

azspamit said:   Hmm... I bought 6 $10 GC in 6 transactions. Same thing as you cashstar.com for first click, next 5 chilis. If I dont get $30 of CashBack showing up I will be upset...

Glad someone noticed, but wouldn't have bought 10 x $10 if I had known there would be an issue like this.
Expected a 50% discount, probably only get 5%.

How many eGCs can be used per table?

ScottMalinowski said:   FYI: Preappoval is $12 per $10.

Explains why my mastercard GC with a remaining balance of $10.39 was declined.

>>I also got an email from Chili's: Thank you for purchasing a Chili's eGift Card! For cardholder security and protection, we require additional verification of credit card information on first-time purchases.To release the order and deliver your gift, please call our eGift Card Support Line at 1-877-233-4171. Our hours of operation are from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST Monday through Friday. For your convenience and protection, we will return the order if we do not hear from you.

I also got this email, but only bought two cards, but with the same credit card. I dont blame them for covering their buttocks, in the age of CC fraud; I just hate that I have to make time 3 days from now to call and sort it out. You'd think a 3rd party processor would have weekend support. Sigh..

Got "additional verification required" email on my first order. I assume there are more to come for the next 7 orders. Ugh. I hope this doesn't cause CB problems. I cleared cookies after each time.

vapno said:   How many eGCs can be used per table?

I have the same question

rml said:   vapno said:   How many eGCs can be used per table?

I have the same question

Received my first card. Nowhere in the fine print does it say that cards cannot be combined. So it's safe to assume that it's perfectly OK to use as many $10 cards as needed per table / to-go order.

Here's the blurb:

Redemption Instructions:For balance inquiry, call 1-888-532-6092. You can use your eGift Card at Brinker International restaurants located in the US, Puerto Rico, Guam and internationally at restaurants located on US Military Bases. These restaurants include: Chili's, On The Border, Maggiano's Little Italy and Romano's Macaroni Grill. Card may not be redeemed for cash, except as required by law. Original activation receipt is required for replacement of lost or stolen eGift Cards. No service fees are charged in connection with this card. Issued by Brinker Services Corporation.

MrVietnam said:   valen9838 said:   Can the e-gift card be used at any other restaurant other than Chili's? On the border or Maggiano's?

See the blurb in my post above, it is accepted at Chili's, On The Border, Maggiano's Little Italy and Romano's Macaroni Grill

I ordered 3 egift cards so far.
Like "c3", my first click ended up directly on Cashstar's site. Second click ended up on Chili's, and I have to click another button to go to Cashstar...

Do I need to clear Cache for IE9 between each order?
If so, how do I do that?

So not limited to Chili's only!

ivanivanix said:   rml said:   vapno said:   How many eGCs can be used per table?

I have the same question

Received my first card. Nowhere in the fine print does it say that cards cannot be combined. So it's safe to assume that it's perfectly OK to use as many $10 cards as needed per table / to-go order.

Here's the blurb:

Redemption Instructions:For balance inquiry, call 1-888-532-6092. You can use your eGift Card at Brinker International restaurants located in the US, Puerto Rico, Guam and internationally at restaurants located on US Military Bases. These restaurants include: Chili's, On The Border, Maggiano's Little Italy and Romano's Macaroni Grill. Card may not be redeemed for cash, except as required by law. Original activation receipt is required for replacement of lost or stolen eGift Cards. No service fees are charged in connection with this card. Issued by Brinker Services Corporation.

Just purchased 3...thinking 2 do 1 more...

Skipping 356 Messages...
rebar17 said:   Alls well that ends well even if a bit irritating in the middle. Cashed out on my three, thanks FW, went to chili's with my girl. Ate some good food, drank some marguerita's, came to about $80, left the nice waitress $20, a happy ending for all concerned. Thanks for the effort to see it thru.

Did you also use one of their eMailed offers, usually something free..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014