• Text Only
Red for this company pulling the deal early (Wow, you put what's essentially a half-off deal out there, and you don't expect it to be popular? Idiocy like that should come at a high cost). Green to FW staff for making sure we could order with some confidence we would get paid, but red to FW as a company for the seeming "oh well, too bad" non-response to the company flaking out of an item that FW actively advertised...

Bought 5, used 2 last night along with a free appetizer. I wasn't particularly hungry for the usual 2-for-$20 deal my wife and I usually share, and since it wasn't a kids-eat-free night I used the free appetizer coupon. While it doesn't work for the trio, it DOES work for a large chicken nacho, which I had as my entree in true FW style. Actually got out cheaper than our typical kids-eat-free + 2-for-$20 night at Chili's once a month or so, and left a nice tip for the awesome waitress we had.

Very much hoping we see the FatCash that is due to us. I made sure all my click-throughs were done properly and they appear to show in FW, so as long as Chili's honors as expected I'll be just fine.

Thank you FW staff/moderators for helping this deal along! Too bad it ended early...I was going to wait a few more days and see if the first 5 posted, and then buy 5-10 more.

bjork73 said:   Red for this company pulling the deal early (Wow, you put what's essentially a half-off deal out there, and you don't expect it to be popular? Idiocy like that should come at a high cost). Green to FW staff for making sure we could order with some confidence we would get paid, but red to FW as a company for the seeming "oh well, too bad" non-response to the company flaking out of an item that FW actively advertised...

I wish they'd just be upfront with us about why it was. It makes me nervous that we'll see our Cash Back with the way they've handled this whole thing.

I might add, this thread is pushing a week old now, and I've yet to see ANY CashBack reported, even after the 1st one I bought over the weekend. It rarely takes that long for ANY purchase to get reported, especially once your CC is charged and the item has shipped/delivered, which this has.

I am sure the contracts between Chilis and FW will come through as advertised.
Late reporting of a sale does happen especially when a deal like this is surely handled not direct by Chillis but with some ad agency or agency actually handling the sale of the cards.

I've been a member & user of FatWallet longer than I've been an employee. I truly do understand the apprehension some of you have about whether the Cash Back end of this is going to work out.

YES, it is going to work out. I can't say that every single order tracked, because sometimes orders just don't track for strange reasons. It's computers... it's humans using computers & programming computers... it's December... it's a day that ends in "y"... and sometimes I think it's simply because the gremlins get order munchy because there's nothing else that would explain it. So if you don't count that there's always the potential an order might not track for some obscure gremlin reason, this worked.

Why am I so sure it worked? The reporting is going to come to us in files - and I just saw the first file. Now I need a BIT MORE patience while I get them into the system. (please? pretty please? I'm trying, really I am!) We tried to get everything in place ahead of time, but since this isn't a typical reporting network, and since I'm human (regardless of what you've heard from the mods), I missed one little thing needed for uploading the orders into our system. That's being worked on so I can start the loading, and when the first batch loads I'll let you all know.

Keep in mind, we all see deals that are supposed to be good for X amount of time that end early. I remember when it was nothing for FW forums to crash a merchant's site due to an awesome deal - and it happen more than once a week! Merchants can end any offer or any Cash Back at any time. For this one, I don't know the exact reason. I do know that the $10 GC sold out, and since that's what nearly every order was for, that might explain it all on it's own (no more $10 GC to get $5 CB on).

We all like fast Cash Back reporting. For this deal, it simply is not something that was possible. The alternative was to not have the deal at all, and I think that would have pretty much bit bad berries.

hawpi said:   I've been a member & user of FatWallet longer than I've been an employee. I truly do understand the apprehension some of you have about whether the Cash Back end of this is going to work out.

YES, it is going to work out. I can't say that every single order tracked, because sometimes orders just don't track for strange reasons. It's computers... it's humans using computers & programming computers... it's December... it's a day that ends in "y"... and sometimes I think it's simply because the gremlins get order munchy because there's nothing else that would explain it. So if you don't count that there's always the potential an order might not track for some obscure gremlin reason, this worked.

Why am I so sure it worked? The reporting is going to come to us in files - and I just saw the first file. Now I need a BIT MORE patience while I get them into the system. (please? pretty please? I'm trying, really I am!) We tried to get everything in place ahead of time, but since this isn't a typical reporting network, and since I'm human (regardless of what you've heard from the mods), I missed one little thing needed for uploading the orders into our system. That's being worked on so I can start the loading, and when the first batch loads I'll let you all know.

Keep in mind, we all see deals that are supposed to be good for X amount of time that end early. I remember when it was nothing for FW forums to crash a merchant's site due to an awesome deal - and it happen more than once a week! Merchants can end any offer or any Cash Back at any time. For this one, I don't know the exact reason. I do know that the $10 GC sold out, and since that's what nearly every order was for, that might explain it all on it's own (no more $10 GC to get $5 CB on).

We all like fast Cash Back reporting. For this deal, it simply is not something that was possible. The alternative was to not have the deal at all, and I think that would have pretty much bit bad berries.

thanks hawpi, I do feel a little better now after reading this.

Reporting has begun!

I've just uploaded the reported orders for Dec 15 and Dec 16.
If you ordered on one of these days, give your CB account a browse - you should see CB.

If you ordered on a different day, please be patient. We don't have those reports yet.

Thank you all for your excitement about this deal - but mostly for your patience.

All 6 of my gc purchases are showing the right CashBack now! Thanks for the updates, they've been much appreciated. I only wish I had bought more now

Boogak - thank you for confirming they are all there. That makes ME feel better!

Got $10 for my two purchases on 12/14.

I feel silly - December 14 orders are in as well.

All 5 of mine showed up for purchases on 12/15.

camar0 said:   ordered 1 the other day, still no CashBack reported so going to wait to buy anymore on this....

Finally got the cb, but too late to buy more now!

I am seeing only 1 of 3 purchases via CB. I bought very early (I was first post on the original thread) and did a separate clickthrough for EACH purchase. All 3 are in my click history. FW, make this right, please.

labboypro said:   I am seeing only 1 of 3 purchases via CB. I bought very early (I was first post on the original thread) and did a separate clickthrough for EACH purchase. All 3 are in my click history. FW, make this right, please.

landing site issue?

None of my CB is showing up for my purchases on 14th and 15th. They do all show up in my click history as correct promotion...
"Chili's eGift Card
Chili's eGift Card Cash Back Link"

Help!!!!!

12 out of 14 are there! Last two were purchased on the 17th, so I'm not worried.
I did them all in Chrome incognito windows, so no link issues here. Thank you!!

jsut got my $5 cb notice.... if you would have sent sooner! b ah

Received notice of all 4 CashBack's being reported.

c3 said:   labboypro said:   I am seeing only 1 of 3 purchases via CB. I bought very early (I was first post on the original thread) and did a separate clickthrough for EACH purchase. All 3 are in my click history. FW, make this right, please.

landing site issue?

I did NOT clear cookies between purchases, but I absolutely closed browser tab, and re-clicked the FW CB link for each purchase. As has been discussed in this thread, second and third landing were on "different" page (I didn't bother investigating at the time since I was using an FW link, and so was relying on the integrity of FW system to get me to the right place).

FWIW-I bought four $10 gift cards on 12/15, clicking through each time; all are in my click history. Today, $5 CB was reported on ONE of the transactions. I'm optimistically looking for the other three to show up soon as the CB deal is why three people are getting Christmas rememberences at all on this year's tight budget.

I received CB on 2 of 2 orders. Now I wish the deal would come back for more.

Got 5 of 5!

hawpi said:   I do know that the $10 GC sold out, and since that's what nearly every order was for, that might explain it all on it's own (no more $10 GC to get $5 CB on).

Well, perhaps a limit of 500 might have had something to do with it. I know FW and SD, I can guarantee that some people maxed that out.

Perhaps next time a more sane limit, in the dozens or so, or 10, might make it last anywhere near the exp date...

I was just getting ready to order 2-4. You snooze, you lose, I know, but it still sucks.

Only 2 of 3 here (#1 and #3). Did not clear cookies for #2 (did notice different landing page)but ordered before I read about the problems here.

got 4 out of 4!

I am showing 6 clicks on the first 2 days
I bought 5 $10 cards, all separate
1 is showing as reported, the first one

This is what I will do to recoup all not paid.
No tips there until I haVE USED UP the missing amount, AND i AM A CHEAP TIPPER SO IT WILL TAKE MANY MEALS.
i WILL ALSO INFROM THE SERVER AS TO WHY.

yesidonoitall said:   This is what I will do to recoup all not paid.
No tips there until I haVE USED UP the missing amount, AND i AM A CHEAP TIPPER SO IT WILL TAKE MANY MEALS.

I sure hope you are joking. maybe you'll get some free spit in your food for your generousity!

I got my CB on all of my 10 purchases. Thanks FW.

MISTERCHEAP said:   yesidonoitall said:   This is what I will do to recoup all not paid.

I sure hope you are joking. maybe you'll get some free spit in your food for your generousity!

Not kidding at all, Chilis makes the offer then renegs, the server can take it up with them.
I will provide them with transcripts of all this

This is the one I got credit on (I bought 5 and had 6 clicks)
690387851 Dec 15, 2012
11:40PM
Chili's eGift Card
Chili's eGift Card Cash Back Link

Maybe it was the cut off time for the report and all will be shown tomorrow.

I got 1 CashBack of 15. Did a new click through each time.

My credit card shows 15 discrete payments.

Made 7 purchases, all 7 show up in click history but only one shows as reported.

Cleared cookies after each purchase.

I made 15 purchases on 12/16, all of which were new clicks after closing the previous window. Only my first $5 of CashBack appears and nothing for the other 14 has shown. FW didn't say anything about having to clear cookies/Cache so I am expecting FW to honor this... this is CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT material otherwise. All clicks are appearing in my click history so I am not understanding why only the first $5 is showing up and not the other 14.

Can one of the moderators kindly take a look at my account and give me some kind of update? I'd hate to wait 14 days since it appears something didn't happen correctly. Plus, your system won't allow me to create a ticket since it hasn't been 14 days. Thanks

Did you do anything in particular to get all your CBs? Did you clear you Cache and all that jazz or did you just click the same link each time?

Thanks

mtrealdude said:   I got my CB on all of my 10 purchases. Thanks FW.

Did you do anything in particular to get all your CBs? Did you clear you Cache and all that jazz or did you just click the same link each time?

Thanks

yesidonoitall said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   yesidonoitall said:   This is what I will do to recoup all not paid.

Not kidding at all, Chilis makes the offer then renegs, the server can take it up with them.
I will provide them with transcripts of all this

This is the one I got credit on (I bought 5 and had 6 clicks)
690387851 Dec 15, 2012
11:40PM
Chili's eGift Card
Chili's eGift Card Cash Back Link

Maybe it was the cut off time for the report and all will be shown tomorrow.

now there's logic, CashBack at FW from Chili's gets screwed up and you're going to take it out on the poor server who earns the bulk of their living from tips from ungrateful customers like you. why don't you just dispute the Cash Back amount owed you on your credit card charges? at least that way you make the "chilis front office" have to respond to you and maybe get it fixed. guess it's nicer to screw over some hard working college kid or single mom cause you didn't get your $5 back.

I purchased ten e-giftcards, clicking through Fatwallet each time and receiving the $5 CashBack message for each transaction.
This was early in the promotion before someone noticed the landing page was different for subsequent transactions and all the talk about deleting cookies, clearing Cache, logging out/logging in etc.
My account shows all ten click-thrus, but only one $5 CashBack.
I have feeling this is not going to end well for some of us.
Could have been worse...was going to purchase 20 more.

zoturbo said:   mtrealdude said:   I got my CB on all of my 10 purchases. Thanks FW.

Thanks

I cleared my history between clicks. If I didn't, the link took me to the wrong site.

Now I am getting a little uncomfortable with this deal. Only 2 out of 6 of my Chili GC purchases that went through are reporting CashBack. I hope this can be fixed soon.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014