• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
WalMart has 1500w Lasko Electric Flat Panel Heater w/ Timer for $20 + free store pick-up.

Corected now The link

Member Summary

Lasko Electric Flat Panel Heater
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thx OP, was in the market for one of these.

drinkoj (Dec. 17, 2012 @ 3:48p) |

Thanks fanetem

NotAClue (Dec. 17, 2012 @ 3:50p) |

Can I turn on and off of this heater with my toe?

ThankThoseWhoShare (Dec. 21, 2012 @ 6:12p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Op fixed it.woohoo!

MagicRabbit said:   Like heres correct url .. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lasko-Electric-Flat-Panel-Heater-6221/...

Thank you. I fix it

fanetem said:   MagicRabbit said:   Like heres correct url .. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lasko-Electric-Flat-Panel-Heater-6221/...

Thank you. I fix it
Great Job Op..

Thanks OP. In for one for my kid, who's comfort temperature range is way higher
than the rest of the family.

Does anybody know if this has auto shut off if tipped over? I read the description and didn't see it but may have overlooked it.

UPDATE = I found it in the Q&A

"A: This heater has an internal safety feature that significantly reduces the heat output and wattage if the air flow were partially blocked. If the air flow were to become completely restricted, the unit will automatically turn off. This heater will not turn off immediately if the unit is tipped over."

Hot deal. Literally.

SlamminMOFO said:   Does anybody know if this has auto shut off if tipped over? I read the description and didn't see it but may have overlooked it.

"A: This heater has an internal safety feature that significantly reduces the heat output and wattage if the air flow were partially blocked. If the air flow were to become completely restricted, the unit will automatically turn off. This heater will not turn off immediately if the unit is tipped over."

Good to know. I thought the auto-shut-off when tipped over function was a requirement for portable heaters.

thanks fanetem

got it with 97 cent shipping. For < a buck, I'll avoid WalMart during holiday shopping season (priceless)

bletzinger said:   thanks fanetem

got it with 97 cent shipping. For < a buck, I'll avoid WalMart during holiday shopping season (priceless)

Thanks. Upon learning that shipping is only $0.97, I cancelled my ship-to-store order and ordered another one to be shipped to my home. Not only will it arrive sooner, but the $0.97 is a small but priceless contribution to my mental health by avoiding a trip to WalMart....or as I like to refer to it, a visit to another planet.

I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!!

radiobufff said:   Just an FYI, This is NOT a ceramic heater, it is just a 1500 watt electric element. It will not provide the same amount of heat as a much more efficient ceramic heater with the same rating.

For electric heaters, there is no such thing as more or less efficient. All electric heaters are 100% efficient at converting electricity into heat. The only way to heat more efficiently using electricity is to use a heat pump.

radiobufff said:   Just an FYI, This is NOT a ceramic heater, it is just a 1500 watt electric element. It will not provide the same amount of heat as a much more efficient ceramic heater with the same rating.

It also will not provide the wallet-flattening result that a ceramic heater will either.

radiobufff said:   Just an FYI, This is NOT a ceramic heater, it is just a 1500 watt electric element. It will not provide the same amount of heat as a much more efficient ceramic heater with the same rating.Why, then, does the manufacturer state that it is a ceramic heater? http://www.laskoproducts.com/flat-panel-ceramic-heater-model-622...

There are two "ceramic" heaters, convection and radiant.

Convection uses a PTC ceramic (Positive Thermal Coefficient) attached to a typically aluminum heat exchanger. A fan blows air through the exchanger to heat the air.

Radiant ceramic heaters use a ceramic to create infrared radiation. This will warm items within "sight" of the heater. These heaters will often not have fans.

All electric heaters are 100% efficient as they convert electric to heat. If you are able sit within "sight" of a radiant heater, you may be able to use less electricity while still feeling as warm.

The deal here is a convection heater (typically cheaper).

My mistake, I was looking at the wrong one, BUT...Amazon has the same one (wrong image) for the same price....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058V9GSI/

SlamminMOFO said:   Does anybody know if this has auto shut off if tipped over? I read the description and didn't see it but may have overlooked it.

Frankly, this is a deal killer for me. I didn't know anyone made a space heater that didn't shut off when tipped over.

Redbeard25 said:   Hot deal. Literally.

THIS is how you use the word "literally."

Thank you!

dogmeat said:   

Frankly, this is a deal killer for me. I didn't know anyone made a space heater that didn't shut off when tipped over.

Deal killer for some but not everyone has a dog or child who will knock it over and then just leave it there.

I just got a shipping notice in my email. Thx, Op!

thanks OP .. got one.

Thx OP, was in the market for one of these.

Thanks fanetem

Can I turn on and off of this heater with my toe?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014