LG 60" Plasma 1080p 600Hz HDTV @ Best Buy - $799.99 in Cart
was $1,349.99
Free Shipping!

• 60" 1080p Plasma HDTV (1920 x 1080)
  • 600Hz Refresh Rate
  • 3 HDMI ports
  • USB
  • 1 Year Limited Warranty - 2 Year Limited Panel Warranty

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

LG 60" Plasma 1080p 600Hz HDTV
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thinking about it.

ElGuache (Dec. 18, 2012 @ 2:03a) |

I did pull the trigger.. Best Buy customer no service was jerking me around so I went to hhgreg for a price match and go... (more)

Witchdoctor120 (Dec. 18, 2012 @ 1:40p) |

899 in cart now.

BenDB (Dec. 24, 2012 @ 12:17p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice deal . Already have the 50" of this , otherwise I'd hop on this deal ..... hmm , still might grab it at this price (sell my 50" :p )

I have a 60PV450 (I think its the same panel?) And it. Huge TV and stunning picture. I went into Frys telling myself "LED and nothing much over 40"... Yeah." and walked out with a 60" plasma...

I hate you FW staff members. I'm blaming you for making me buy this huge TV. *shakes fist*

It's too much work for a staffer to put the model number in the post, eh?

slickdeal45 said:   It's too much work for a staffer to put the model number in the post, eh?

60PA6500 is the model number. Ive updated the post. I should update your user name while Im at it...

I'm looking for a 50-60" TV as at nice price point. I dont mind that this this one is Plasma, or the power consumption (~$35/yr), but at 90lbs, it's going to make it unwieldly to move around, much less mount on the wall without considerable effort.

It is more heavy than other sets but really any large TV is going to take two people to move safely so the weight was not an issue to me. I however did not put it on the wall. If I was going to I would make sure I could hang off the mount before mating it to my precious.

Farfisa850 said:   slickdeal45 said:   It's too much work for a staffer to put the model number in the post, eh?

60PA6500 is the model number. Ive updated the post. I should update your user name while Im at it...

My username was suggested by the FW registration system.

Green for you!! I just pulled the trigger....replacing a 56" DLP

how is this tv compare to a 50'' panasonic p50g10?

mikelou26therock said:   how is this tv compare to a 50'' panasonic p50g10?

It's about 25cm larger. You're welcome.

...oh, and the picture quality is supposed to be slightly better, but the blacks aren't as deep. It's also slightly less prone to glare than the Panasonic.

lol
thanks
is it worth it

Here is the 55 inch LED version with 3d. Same price. Wally world.

LG 55LM4600 55" 1080p 120Hz 3D LED HDTV (1.4" ultra-slim)

65 lbs

You have to sign in and add it to your cart.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LG-55LM4600-55-1080p-120Hz-3D-LED-HDTV...

in for 1, thanks OP! Decided to bite the bullet! missed all the BF deals.

TheGhoul said:   Here is the 55 inch LED version with 3d. Same price. Wally world.

65 lbs

Nice find. I would note a few items for consideration:

* I couldn't find any professional reviews on the 3D TV. It might be awesome, but it also might be lacking. user reviews are good but scarce.
* 3D displays usually have a lower picture quality, or a generally darker image.
* Take into account the price to get the 3D glasses, which usually add around $150-$250 for a set of 4 glasses.
* 3D just isn't for everybody. My sister swears by it. My parents get disoriented. YMMV

mikelou26therock said:   lol
thanks
is it worth it

It's really up to you. I noted some of the largest differences between them. The Panasonic also uses considerably more power per inch than similar displays, but idk about power compared to this 60" display. Nobody's rationally going to be disappointed with either one of specs or display. Personally, I jumped on this one, but I sat on the fence for the Panasonic.

lg gives you 4 pair free,
and you can get 6 pairs for $10 LG branded, when they are on sale.
Also you can use the ones you get at the cinemas.
eBay has ton's of them for $2 a pair.

geowrian said:   TheGhoul said:   Here is the 55 inch LED version with 3d. Same price. Wally world.

65 lbs

Nice find. I would note a few items for consideration:

* I couldn't find any professional reviews on the 3D TV. It might be awesome, but it also might be lacking. user reviews are good but scarce.
* 3D displays usually have a lower picture quality, or a generally darker image.
* Take into account the price to get the 3D glasses, which usually add around $150-$250 for a set of 4 glasses.
* 3D just isn't for everybody. My sister swears by it. My parents get disoriented. YMMV

itsme13 said:   lg gives you 4 pair free,
and you can get 6 pairs for $10 LG branded, when they are on sale.
Also you can use the ones you get at the cinemas.
eBay has ton's of them for $2 a pair.

True, the ones on that particular model are dirt cheap (passive ones tend to be cheaper). I was pointing out some general items - Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, etc. use much more expensive 3D glasses.

I have a very bright family room, with lots of windows at various angles. My last tube tv (JVC "flat screen") had TONS of glare.

I have since owned two LCD TV's and they have been great.

Ready to push the button on this TV, but my rule has always been NO WAY will I buy a Plasma because of the glare.

Hearing that glare "isn't bad" on this TV. What does that mean? Will it be worse than my current Dynex 47" LCD? Is there any way to tell how this TV will compare to a comparable LCD TV as far as glare (is there a rating of any kind??)

Great price on a good tv. The two factors holding me back are size and weight
Having just bought a new house I'm looking to mount a new tv over the fireplace, which measues 60" diagonally. With the border I'm thinking 55 is the biggest I can go.
Oh well, still green for OP!

Great TV, got it at Costco for the same price while back plus extra year of warranty. Costco model is 60PA6550 which same model. Costco still has them in the stores and the price is even lower, another $40 off when I visited one last Friday. Picture is great and definitely beats the LG 55" LED model in quality which I also got it from WalMart two weeks ago. The thing with the LG LED is that it requires good source for HD (PS3, Off Air Looks very good). I have D* TV and some HD channels look bad on the LG LED while on the plasma they look much better. If you don't have a need for 3D I would take the plasma if I had a choice. BTW, 3D looks great on the LG model. Tested with Tangled and latest Pirates and couldn't tell the difference between this $799 model and my friend's $3000 Sammy TV as far as 3D goes. Both TV's are great, especially for the price, choice is yours.

As much as I want that Vizio 70"....At this moment I cannot justify the price difference. This is a really nice deal.

What Vizio 70"? That's the TV I want... where did you see it??

This is the same price at Sears , american, hhgregg.

RobInBoston said:   Great price on a good tv. The two factors holding me back are size and weight
Having just bought a new house I'm looking to mount a new tv over the fireplace, which measues 60" diagonally. With the border I'm thinking 55 is the biggest I can go.

Is it a fake fireplace? Will the rising heat cause the TV problems?

RobInBoston said:   Great price on a good tv. The two factors holding me back are size and weight

You can probably fit the 60"...It's an ultra thin bezel - so check the specs! The TV only measures 54" wide and just under 60" diagonally.

nbha said:   What Vizio 70"? That's the TV I want... where did you see it??

That Vizio deal at Costco.

1. You have to hope it goes back on REBATE ($2k out of pocket and a rebate = approximately $1500 for the set)

2. Even with the rebate...It is DOUBLE the price of this set.

3. I do prefer Plasma's. I have 3 different sets. LCD, LCOS, Plasma. The PLASMA is my favorite hands down.

So...I am willing to give up size in this case.

TheGhoul said:   Here is the 55 inch LED version with 3d. Same price. Wally world.

65 lbs

This seems like a pretty good deal. I might try it. Soonest Ship-to-store in my area is Dec. 24.

I just bought the 60 samsung plasma at best buy for 899.99. They say samsungs have a good picture.

galewis said:   I just bought the 60 samsung plasma at best buy for 899.99. They say samsungs have a good picture.

That's NUTS, prices have really come down. Hard to compare Plasma with LCD.

Very attractive price and hopefully this would drive down Panasonic's TCP55ST50 lower (lowest is $849 @ Video Outlet). Panasonic ST has the dark filter that really brings out the contrast.

BTW, people talks about Vizio and LED vs Plasma, etc...

Vizio 60"+ panel is basically Sharp technology and the panels are from Foxconn-Sharp joint venture. I still prefer Sharp Aquas and consider Vizio Shartp Lite (as in less pain to the wallet).

Plasma has a longer lifetime than LED & phosphor do decay and shift to yellow.

My point of view. go do your own research and share.

bhy168 said:   BTW, people talks about Vizio and LED vs Plasma, etc...

Vizio 60"+ panel is basically Sharp technology and the panels are from Foxconn-Sharp joint venture. I still prefer Sharp Aquas and consider Vizio Shartp Lite (as in less pain to the wallet).

Plasma has a longer lifetime than LED & phosphor do decay and shift to yellow.

My point of view. go do your own research and share.

Good information.. So I finished my basement and I created a theater room so I do not have any windows and can get the room pretty dark.. Would LED or Plasma be the way to go and would it be a good idea to include the 3D feature..

Mark

bhy168 said:   Very attractive price and hopefully this would drive down Panasonic's TCP55ST50 lower (lowest is $849 @ Video Outlet).
Link?
How did you find such a nice price?

bhy168 said:   Panasonic ST has the dark filter that really brings out the contrast.
Isn't that only helpful in killing reflections from above? And hence not-at-all a factor in dark rooms?

Witchdoctor120 said:   

Good information.. So I finished my basement and I created a theater room so I do not have any windows and can get the room pretty dark.. Would LED or Plasma be the way to go and would it be a good idea to include the 3D feature..

Mark

No brainier for basements it is definitely a PLASMA.

I currently own a 56" JVC DLP, 52" Samsung LCD, and 50" Panasonic Plasma. IMO, the Plasma in my basement is the best of them all by a noticeable margin.

Sorry about that here is the link (http://www.videoonly.com/newsite/adpdf/cavo.pdf) under "famous brand" with "deep black and high contrast" descriptive words. I visited the new Mountain View store per my colleague's recommendation. it is indeed having the best quality in the store. We dont have basement in California but I assume leaving the light on in basement may be one of the operating conditions of watching TV. I can't comment on that one since the store light was on.

Debating wether to get the Sammy 60" or get the 55" Sammy LED in "Smart" version????
Not sure if its true but I am told that LG is the same company that used to be "Goldstar" back in the 70's and 80's...and they made a lot of elcheapo crap back then...
I work on home appliances for a living (dishwashers,microwaves,and stoves) and find LG inferior in comparison to other top brands...but I don't know if that would necessarily apply in the case of TV's.

LG is the combined company from the merger of Lucky and Goldstar.

Here is a link to the CNET review of this tv:http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/lg-60pa6500/4505-6482_7-3...

Text

not a compelling case for this tv.

Skipping 14 Messages...
899 in cart now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014