• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
galewis said:   I just bought the 60 samsung plasma at best buy for 899.99. They say samsungs have a good picture.

Generally, yes. I love my 42" Samsung. That said, that particular model is about on par with this one (the LG) in overall picture quality. The Samsung does the blacks better, but the LG displays shadows and dark areas better. Different, but overall the same picture quality in this specific comparison. The Samsung has extra features like DLNA and such, but it's also a higher price tag. Both are good deals.

I just bought the 60 samsung plasma at best buy for 899.99. They say samsungs have a good picture.

Just wondering how many more inches to allow for mounting on this as it is 2 1/8 inches already.

I just looked at the Samsung and LG.. The LG picture quality is better.. Samsung had a lot of grey background to the LG's darker and black background. I think I will pull the trigger on the LG model regardless of cost. The overall reviews on both units are good.

People, Try looking for the PZ models, it is way better PA is a lower end model.

People, Try looking for the PZ models, it is way better PA is a lower end model.

ok

ok

ok

and ok

Witchdoctor120 said:   I just looked at the Samsung and LG.. The LG picture quality is better.. Samsung had a lot of grey background to the LG's darker and black background. I think I will pull the trigger on the LG model regardless of cost. The overall reviews on both units are good.

That about matches the reviews I read on it as well. Both are fine TVs. I went with the LG personally.

@ the LG comments earlier, yeah Goldstar (Lucky Goldstar) either name was correct in the early 80's was crap at the time. They've done a lot in the last decade or so to try and clean up that image. This was one of the reasons to change the name change to LG in the mid-nineties, to hide from some of the 80's negative brand image. But some of us can make the connection. That said, they're better now, but not sure if they can yet compete with the big names in terms of quality. I feel they try to go the extra mile with features/price to help the consumer get reaquainted with their "new" company, and they've been pretty good. It's almost better to take a chance.

LG only entered the plasma market 3-4 years ago, and did so with their same agressive product pricing. I'm sure some people have been burnt by some of the hurdles of their new products. But would also guess that there are lots of happy customers too. At this point, $800 for a 60" plasma... I can't see any risk. Even the guy in CA (Mountain View, that little corner near Costco has come alive since I moved in '05) with the extra "Display Fee" there should be little concern about getting a decent set at this price.

Thinking about it.

I did pull the trigger.. Best Buy customer no service was jerking me around so I went to hhgreg for a price match and got it.. They told me that this was below their cost and I saw that on their computer. This model must be phasing out.

899 in cart now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014