Nook HD 8gb 149 16gb 199 @ Staples

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples has 30% off Nook ereaders and tablets. the new nook HD 8gb is 149, 199 for 16gb. I jumped in on the OfficeMax coupon thing on BFriday, wonder if they will price match. The HD+ with 16gb and the bigger screen is 199. Expandable storage with microsd, so storage limit isn't a big deal.

Nook HD 8gb
http://www.staples.com/NOOK-HD-Smoke-8GB/product_101736

HD+ 16gb
http://www.staples.com/NOOK-HD-Slate-16GB/product_101643?externa...

List of Nooks @ Staples.

http://www.staples.com/nook/directory_nook

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nook HD 8gb
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Would you be willing to share your print page? Thanks!

jyh11 (Dec. 20, 2012 @ 10:41a) |

Is there a charger converter for the Nook? I searched at eBay and they only have for iPad, I think Nook uses 30 pin char... (more)

highnndry (Dec. 20, 2012 @ 1:54p) |

Here both print outs for both

talofa (Dec. 20, 2012 @ 2:37p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

any coupon to use?

I wish this was in their ad. I'd like to PM at Target.

For more money back, ebates is offering $15 off $100 at Staples (expires 12/16), plus 2%, and if you use Discover card they are giving 5% back this quarter on internet purchases.

Dang. This price is even better than the OfficeMax blackfriday deal I got in on.

I picked this up over a nexus 7 or 10. I wanted the bigger, higher res screen without having to drop 399 on the nexus 10. For 199 this is even better.

Head to the XDA developers HD+ forums for info on rooting it. Folks are putting cm10 on it as well, but rooting and getting the google apps running is good enough for me right now.

Anyway to stack coupons or have BB price match?

Anyway to stack coupons or have BB price match?

I notice on the specs it states: "30 Pin Port for charging and connecting to a computer (HDMI Compatible)"
What does this mean? Does it produce an HDMI signal to your HD television? If so. what type of adapter do you need? Also, it sounds like the same port is used for charging, so you can't charge while you're connected to the TV?

The terms for the $15 off $100 coupon explicitly exclude Nook devices unfortunately. Still a good deal, though.

Thanks op for the hot deal. In for the HD+ 16GB and going to return the HD 8GB I bought from the BN store yesterday.
Discover card sweetened the deal.

There is an adapter that plugs into that port for HDMI output. I haven't seen the adapter, but I'm guessing that it doesnt let you charge at the same time. The connector reminds me of the iphone/ipad connectors pre-lightning, but I highly doubt they are compatible. The battery lasts a long time, at least 7 hours, so I think it could play on a tv for quite a while.

Went to a few Staples in Houston, they kept these in the back storage area and you would have to ask them to go get it. Staff kept acting dumb about the price (ask for price check and they still said it was $269 for the HD+ 9"), how many they had in stock, how many you could buy. So unprofessional. Sure took their time to look up their own website (when you insisted), get the item, and check out with the correct price. One actually tried to check the item out with a wrong price.

Skip yourself the price hassle and order online first for store pickup (it may also be possible to create an online order in store). Also watch that price during checkout, especially when using credit card.

Save up to 30% on Nook eReaders and Tablets!
**While supplies last. May not be valid in combination with other offers. Offer subject to change.

Offer Expires on 12/22/2012

Went to Target, no go on price match since it was the web site and not a print ad. To bad since they also had a $30 gift card with purchase. Next tried WalMart, got the price match, and added the 3 yr extended service plan for $19. I thought she said it was 2 years but the receipt shows 3 years.

I'm going to give WalMart a try. $19 for a 3 year warranty is a good deal.

No wonder Amazon was offering $50 discount on their kindle HD in the past 2 weeks. They might have gotten advance notice from Staples. Now to see if the kindle hd 8.9" price drops to below $200. Good Deal.

Nooks in many aspects (rootablity, micro sd, more freedom) are better than Kindles. Regarding the quality, I have one of the ancient 1st gen Nook color and it still goes very strong (I just updated the Android 2.3 on this sucker). Very very tempted to buy the HD or HD+ and donate the old one.

Great deal. Very tempted.

Just got Target to price match the online price, used the target credit card to get another 5% off, brought it down to 189 before tax. Good deal.

What I don't like is that there are no bluetooth, no usb charger and not quad core.

fatxman said:   What I don't like is that there are no bluetooth, no usb charger and not quad core.

No, they do have bluetooth and usb charger.

TI OMAP 4470 is dual core but it may be faster than the quadcore Nvidia Tegra 3, according to various benchmarks.

No Camera?

I just bought one at Staples in Mcdonough Ga. Would not ring up as $199 in store. Had to show the clerk the online webpage, who had to get a manager involved to do a price match. Used Gift Cards that I bought on the turner insider website ($50 cards for $40) so the total for me ended up as only $160 + tax.

Deal is dead.

Damnit! Sucks I missed this deal.

Saved a print page got 3 Nook HD this afternoon

Would you be willing to share your print page? Thanks!

Is there a charger converter for the Nook? I searched at eBay and they only have for iPad, I think Nook uses 30 pin charger. If anyone knows then please let us know or provide a link. I'm looking for thr mini USB charger converter for Nook.

$149.99
Disclaimer

$199.99
Disclaimer
Here both print outs for both

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014