• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sony Store - Buy $100 eGift Card and get $20 eGift Card as bonus

Link

Sony
See Sony coupons that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

sony (5.34kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Good deal, paid $100, got $120 gift card and $25 statement credit. In short $75 for $120 gift card, $45 savings or 45% o... (more)

bpavankumar (Dec. 28, 2012 @ 9:18a) |

I have the same problem as you do, got declined on probably 5 occasions using the same card, then I tried using a differ... (more)

AbsoluteZeLinux (Dec. 30, 2012 @ 12:12a) |

I can confirm:

Received
1. $25 Credit from AMEX Card : Camera Purchase for remaining balance over $600 which is $205.10 ch... (more)

pointdooly (Jan. 11, 2013 @ 7:17p) |

• Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony

I'm not sure if everyone has this or not, but on my account, I have a $25 back on $100 in Sony stores or online. I'm not even sure if it will work, as you end up at a different site when you make your purchase. I really wish I needed a Sony product!!!

EDIT: Wow, I must have been in a real hurry on this one! I forgot to mention that the "25 on 100" was an AMEX deal.

can you use multiple gift cards on one order? I'm thinking about the portable desktop they have, and to save 20% would be nice. Thanks in advance

Yes, I'm curious to know too if you can use multiple gift cards on one order. The fine print says, "The Sony eGift Card may not be redeemed or consolidated with other card, offers or coupons." This makes me question whether I can even use more than one of these $20 egift cards at once and if I can even do it on an order where I already want to use a trade-in credit.

nenb said:   Yes, I'm curious to know too if you can use multiple gift cards on one order. The fine print says, "The Sony eGift Card may not be redeemed or consolidated with other card, offers or coupons." This makes me question whether I can even use more than one of these $20 egift cards at once and if I can even do it on an order where I already want to use a trade-in credit.

Hmm I'm wondering as well: they might mean you can't use the bonus eGift card with the card you purchase. I remember last year they had the same offer and the bonus eGift card had to be used by a certain date (but I couldn't find any mention of that in the fine print this time).

I was going to get this anyway, so I can let you guys know how the multiple stacking (with itself) goes.

Hey guys/gals: I forgot to mention where the $25 off $100 was....I'm surprised no one asked.

It's an AMEX offer that was in the list in my account. I can't recall exactly where, I believe I went to account summary and saw a deals tab.

This looks like cashstar website rather than a Sony site. Wasn't the AMEX deal for Sony.com site?

nahata22 said:   This looks like cashstar website rather than a Sony site. Wasn't the AMEX deal for Sony.com site?

That's the odd thing. The OP link brings you straight to the GC site. If you go to Sony.com/store you can find the GC's listed. That's why I mentioned this up front:

"I'm not even sure if it will work, as you end up at a different site when you make your purchase."

kdn102 said:   I'm not sure if everyone has this or not, but on my account, I have a $25 back on $100 in Sony stores or online. I'm not even sure if it will work, as you end up at a different site when you make your purchase. I really wish I needed a Sony product!!!

EDIT: Wow, I must have been in a real hurry on this one! I forgot to mention that the "25 on 100" was an AMEX deal.

Yeah I'm not sure if it will work, but I'll report back if it does. I gave it a try anyway, the pending charge on my AMEX showed up as "Sony EGIFTCARD" as the DBA (doing business as).

Also I think you could probably stack this with other promos (like laptop trade-in that someone mentioned) because the promo eGiftcard appears to be the same as a regular giftcard. It works just like any other form of payment.

For those who tried this already, if I need $500, can I just buy a single $500 eGC and get $20 * 5 bonus, or should I purchase $100 * 5 eGCs instead?

soseono said:   For those who tried this already, if I need $500, can I just buy a single $500 eGC and get $20 * 5 bonus, or should I purchase $100 * 5 eGCs instead?

I bought the $500 and they did send me 5 separate emails for $20 each.

praetorian909 said:   soseono said:   For those who tried this already, if I need $500, can I just buy a single $500 eGC and get $20 * 5 bonus, or should I purchase $100 * 5 eGCs instead?

I bought the $500 and they did send me 5 separate emails for $20 each.

Thank you!

Does this deal work with AMEX $25 credit statement ? And can we consolidate multiple egift cards?

Here's the FAQs for this deal (as much as I have verified):

1. $25/$100 AMEX Twitter Sync deal does not qualify for this. Better to buy $100 less in GCs and use the AMEX to pay the $100 balance of whatever you're trying to buy. FYI the Twitter hashtag is: @AmexSonyOffer
2. $20 for every $100 in total value you buy. This means you can buy $500 in one card and you will get 5 additional emails with $20 each.
3. They are currently slow in processing orders because they are verifying identity, etc. You can expedite by calling 888-659-3455 (option #2) between 8AM to 8PM ET. After verification (takes ~3 minutes), you will get confirmation emails in about 15 minutes or so. If you're not in a rush, they are getting back to people within 24 hours by phone to verify identity so try not to clog the lines if you're not in a rush.
4. You can combine multiple GCs on a single order.

How did I confirm all of this? Tweeted the hastag, got the sync confirmation, placed order, waited an hour and politely called Sony CSR, they explained what was going on, confirmed after 24 hours no AMEX tweet to confirm my order/credit. Also, I called local store to make sure these are accepted in local B&M as the Terms and conditions say and that I can use multiple cards in a single order. They said they do it all the time and is no issue. Online orders may require a CSR assistance (Can use multiple, but not sure what the limit is).

All this work to get a decent deal on a NEX5R camera for my wife's X-Mas present. Happy Holidays all!

I just bought a $500 gc and entered all six codes for a $637 ($585 + 52 tax) purchase at checkout, with the remaining $37 on credit card
Thanks OP!

where did u add it?
when I add at gift card, it wants a pin code?
I bought e gift cards?

damn it, how long does it take to receive e gift card?

Read my post above about the time it takes to get the eGift Cards. If you're in immediate need, call the number between 8AM and 8PM and they can verify everything within minutes.

Pin code is next to the GC number when you view/print your eGC.

Just a note: Some Sony stores have upgraded their POS systems and can not scan these GCs locally. They have work around to call other stores (Outlet) and have the values transferred to a physical card number then process your transaction. This does take a little extra time so be forewarned.

I have tried on 2 separate occasions to buy $500 worth of gift cards. Both orders declined with no explanation. Probably the worst and most rude customer service I've ever experienced. Their only response is to try ordering again, online only..... Does anyone have any advice? A Number to call to order?

This works fine for me! Used for my wife's new NEX-5R camera purchase.
Purchase $500 GC and received $100($20 x 5) additional GC as a gift.

I am expecting double dipping from Fatwallet & AMEX Promo.

The First Transaction
- purchased $500 GC by using one of my registered AMEX Credit Card for possible $25 promotion.
(Not sure 100% due to merchant name as "Sony EGIFTCARD". But I can call AMEX and try.)
- Should receive 6% Cash Back form Fatwallet

The Second Transaction
- Used $600 GC as a primary payment.
- Added additional discount from my sister's corporate company discount account with Sony(Additional 10% OFF = $70 Value in this case)

My Order Detail
1 x NEX-5R Camera (w/18-55mm Lens | Model Number: NEX-5RK/W )
1 x 3-year Service Plan with Accidental Damage Warranty(Reg: $119.99)

Regular Price should be
$881.23 = $699.99($749.99 - $ 50.00) + $119.99(3 year ADW) + $61.25(Tax)

My Purchased Price Detail is
$805.10 = $629.99($749.99 - $120.00) + $119.99(3 year ADW) + $55.12(Tax)

Payment Method for $805.10
$600($500GC + $100 Promo GCs) + $205.10(with another AMEX credit card with $25 promo registered)

So, I am expecting and planned below Cash Back/rewards for my purchased:
6%($30.00) rewards of $500.00 from Fatwallet for GC purchase
6%($48.31) rewards of $805.10 from Fatwallet for Actual Order(Camera & Warranty)
$25.00 from AMEX for GC purchased AMEX card
$25.00 from AMEX for Actual Order purchased($205.10) Order payment
1%($ 5.00) rewards of $500.00 from AMEX card rewards (Costco Cash Back-Part of my yearly rebate check)
1%($ 2.06) rewards of $205.10 from AMEX card rewards (in the form of Hilton Points)
750 pts from Sony Rewards from Actual Transaction
==============================
$135.37+ total in rewards and Cash Back!

Due to my 2 year old daughter, I think it should be worth to keep ADW warranty plan just in case which my rewards pretty much paid for me.
- GC order process was smooth without calling to customer service
- Seems like no Sony Rewards Points on purchasing GCs
- Received 5 x $20 GC via email as soon as GC purchase completed!

Hope it ships fast and take lots of photos for my daughter!
Love to share to confirm this program works for your Christmas Shopping!

anyone know if you can buy two 500 gc and then use all the 20 bonuses toward a computer?

wiseguy151 said:   anyone know if you can buy two 500 gc and then use all the 20 bonuses toward a computer?

ive read 20 confirmed on another forum, with 20 as the max. i used 16 w/o issue

Can you confirm if you were able to double dip?
pointdooly said:   This works fine for me! Used for my wife's new NEX-5R camera purchase.
Purchase $500 GC and received $100($20 x 5) additional GC as a gift.

I am expecting double dipping from Fatwallet & AMEX Promo.

The First Transaction
- purchased $500 GC by using one of my registered AMEX Credit Card for possible $25 promotion.
(Not sure 100% due to merchant name as "Sony EGIFTCARD". But I can call AMEX and try.)
- Should receive 6% Cash Back form Fatwallet

The Second Transaction
- Used $600 GC as a primary payment.
- Added additional discount from my sister's corporate company discount account with Sony(Additional 10% OFF = $70 Value in this case)

My Order Detail
1 x NEX-5R Camera (w/18-55mm Lens | Model Number: NEX-5RK/W )
1 x 3-year Service Plan with Accidental Damage Warranty(Reg: $119.99)

Regular Price should be
$881.23 = $699.99($749.99 - $ 50.00) + $119.99(3 year ADW) + $61.25(Tax)

My Purchased Price Detail is
$805.10 = $629.99($749.99 - $120.00) + $119.99(3 year ADW) + $55.12(Tax)

Payment Method for $805.10
$600($500GC + $100 Promo GCs) + $205.10(with another AMEX credit card with $25 promo registered)

So, I am expecting and planned below Cash Back/rewards for my purchased:
6%($30.00) rewards of $500.00 from Fatwallet for GC purchase
6%($48.31) rewards of $805.10 from Fatwallet for Actual Order(Camera & Warranty)
$25.00 from AMEX for GC purchased AMEX card
$25.00 from AMEX for Actual Order purchased($205.10) Order payment
1%($ 5.00) rewards of $500.00 from AMEX card rewards (Costco Cash Back-Part of my yearly rebate check)
1%($ 2.06) rewards of $205.10 from AMEX card rewards (in the form of Hilton Points)
750 pts from Sony Rewards from Actual Transaction
==============================
$135.37+ total in rewards and Cash Back!

Due to my 2 year old daughter, I think it should be worth to keep ADW warranty plan just in case which my rewards pretty much paid for me.
- GC order process was smooth without calling to customer service
- Seems like no Sony Rewards Points on purchasing GCs
- Received 5 x $20 GC via email as soon as GC purchase completed!

Hope it ships fast and take lots of photos for my daughter!
Love to share to confirm this program works for your Christmas Shopping!

Good deal, paid $100, got $120 gift card and $25 statement credit. In short $75 for $120 gift card, $45 savings or 45% off.

davidiiiii said:   I have tried on 2 separate occasions to buy $500 worth of gift cards. Both orders declined with no explanation. Probably the worst and most rude customer service I've ever experienced. Their only response is to try ordering again, online only..... Does anyone have any advice? A Number to call to order?

I have the same problem as you do, got declined on probably 5 occasions using the same card, then I tried using a different credit card and was finally able to get the order through. Good luck!

I can confirm:

Received
1. $25 Credit from AMEX Card : Camera Purchase for remaining balance over $600 which is $205.10 charged to AMEX CC

Will Receive
1. $25 Credit form another AMEX Card : Does not credit automatically like the other one.
- It is $500 GC Purchase
- Called AMEX and they told me to wait up to 6 weeks.

Not Sure
- No Fatwallet Rewards Yet for Any Transaction

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014