• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
At Vons in Southern Calif (aka safeway), they are running a promotion--may only be valid today (Sunday). Buy selected gift cards at 15% off. In addition, for club members (easy to sign up on-line) they offer another $15 off a $50 dollar Itunes purchase. And they stack i.e. buy $60 worth of gift cards, get 15% off then another 15 dollars off--net is $36 for sixty dollars of itunes gift cards. One time offer only.

iTunes Gift Cards , Save on purchase of $50.00 or more in iTunes gift cards, redeemable until 12/29. Limit 1 $15.00 Off Coupon
One-time 12/16/2012- 12/29/201

Member Summary

itunes
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Looks like the iTunes card deal expired on 12/25/2015: "Vons - Gift Cards Holiday. Search Holiday Gift Cards iTunes • Th... (more)

andydrew (Dec. 27, 2012 @ 9:59a) |

The $15 iTunes deal is still good until 12/29/12.

Safeways sometimes pulls offers if they aren't added to your card yet. ... (more)

kimi (Dec. 27, 2012 @ 10:13a) |

On my Just for You app safeway now offers a $5 credit off your next shopping order at safeway if you buy $30 worth of iT... (more)

MarvelMaster (Dec. 28, 2012 @ 1:59p) |

Staff Summary
  • Safeway Coupons:
    EASY7
    Free Delivery on 1st Order
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is this a paper coupon or just use your club card?
I went to Vons and they didn't know anything about it.
It isn't in the ad, and they checked online.

Where did you see it?
How do you get it?
Thanks

dynosrbz said:   Is this a paper coupon or just use your club card?
I went to Vons and they didn't know anything about it.
It isn't in the ad, and they checked online.

Where did you see it?
How do you get it?
Thanks



it is in their ad

select Multipack Gift Cards.*

SAVE 15% Club Price


VALID 12/5-12/25 *Offer valid on in-store gift card purchases from 12/5/12 to 12/25/12. 15% offer applies only to select gift card multipacks. Subject to availability. While supplies last. See gift cards for details, terms, conditions and (if applicable) fees. Valid only with safeway Club Card, VonsClub Card, Pavilions ValuePlus Card, Randalls Remarkable Card, Tom Thumb Reward Card, Dominick's Fresh Values Card or CarrsPlus/safeway Club Card.




Price Valid 12/5/12 - 12/25/12


register at Vons.com

add this offer to your card




$15.00 Off


iTunes Gift Cards

Save on purchase of $50.00 or more in iTunes gift cards, redeemable until 12/29. Limit 1

How do you add the offer to your card for $15 off???

ITSCdanimal said:   How do you add the offer to your card for $15 off???register at Vons.com

add this offer to your card




$15.00 Off


iTunes Gift Cards

Save on purchase of $50.00 or more in iTunes gift cards, redeemable until 12/29. Limit 1

DaysFan said:   ITSCdanimal said:   How do you add the offer to your card for $15 off???register at Vons.com

add this offer to your card




$15.00 Off


iTunes Gift Cards

Save on purchase of $50.00 or more in iTunes gift cards, redeemable until 12/29. Limit 1


Hmmmmm. I guess my question is - how do I add that offer to my card. I registered at Vons.com, but I don't see how I can add the $15 off. Is there a link?

Sorry, double post

Damn. Just took advantage of the Coinstar $10 deal. This one much better.

OK, for anyone else confused - go to "coupons" from the quick links at the bottom of the homepage, then 'coupon center', then sort by 'special offers'.

Worked for me. Thanks!

Thanks OP - worked great!

Note - this was at safeway in Phoenix.

Also, if this is the first time using Just 4 U, be sure to add the $5 off $20 coupon to your card as well...

40% off ain't too shabby! Hot deal, OP. Wish I would have noticed that extra $15 off yesterday, last day of 4x points on GC.

Great deal. Perfect for Xmas gifts. Thanks for posting!

Worked for me in Las Vegas today!

Awesome deal!!! Thanks OP

I was just thinking that I need to get some itunes GC's this week. But there didn't seem to be any deals going on. At least not from Bestbuy, Target, WalMart, etc. I never would have thought to buy itunes GC's from safeway.

I would have been satisfied with a 15-20% discount. But a 40% discount on itunes GC's is an amazing deal.

Thanks again OP

So to clarify, the reason OP mentions "$60 worth of gc" is because the 15% applies before the $15off?
Math: $60- 15% [$9] = $51; $51-$15 = $36

Anyone know which other "select" gc this works on?

yes--that is the math--you get the 15% off first then the 15 dollar coupon.

since its only valid that I saw on the 30 dollar 3 pack--you have to get 2 packs or 60 dollars.

I bought a $10 3-pack and a $20 any amount one. Total came to $30.50 for $50 worth.

Yuyak said:   Anyone know which other "select" gc this works on?

From my safeway ad: "15% offer applies only to select itunes®, Fandango®, Club Penguin, Regal Entertainment Group® Gift Card multipacks."

azs1 said:   Yuyak said:   Anyone know which other "select" gc this works on?

From my safeway ad: "15% offer applies only to select itunes®, Fandango®, Club Penguin, Regal Entertainment Group® Gift Card multipacks."


But iTunes is the only one also giving $15 off $50.

Kunai said:   I bought a $10 3-pack and a $20 any amount one. Total came to $30.50 for $50 worth.
By the total, it looks like you only received 15% off the 3 pack.

4Rugal said:   Kunai said:   I bought a $10 3-pack and a $20 any amount one. Total came to $30.50 for $50 worth.
By the total, it looks like you only received 15% off the 3 pack.


You don't get 15% off on $20 iTunes GC (((30*.85)+20)-15)= $30.50. You essentially paid 1% more than you would have if you bought 2 $30 multipacks, not a huge loss.

You can stack other j4u offers you may have. I had a 4 off 40 on groceries, so I purchased two 3-10 gift card packs, as well as 18 dollars of groceries.

For the gift cards, I paid 60 - 9 (15% off) - 15 (15 off 50) - 4 (4 off 40). This comes to 32 for 60 of gift cards.


iTunes instructions
Disclaimer
Try this. View the image for details on how to get the deal.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e9beb875733d73debd288df19ef9aaed/tumb...

Is this valid for .COM, B&M or both?

Worked for me at a safeway.
Though to get the $15 off $50 coupon I had to join their "Just for U" program. And then use their website to add the coupon to my safeway card.

For the past 10+ years since moving out of my parents place, I never bothered to get a safeway club card and always just used my parents' phone number. I just signed up for one when this deal popped up and I still can't create a "Just For U" account with my new club card - still says that they can't find my card information. grr...

Yuyak said:   For the past 10+ years since moving out of my parents place, I never bothered to get a safeway club card and always just used my parents' phone number. I just signed up for one when this deal popped up and I still can't create a "Just For U" account with my new club card - still says that they can't find my card information. grr...

Why not just sign up for "Just For U" under your parents phone number?

Mohelmot said:   Yuyak said:   For the past 10+ years since moving out of my parents place, I never bothered to get a safeway club card and always just used my parents' phone number. I just signed up for one when this deal popped up and I still can't create a "Just For U" account with my new club card - still says that they can't find my card information. grr...

Why not just sign up for "Just For U" under your parents phone number?


Having trouble with existing number also. There is probably account limit for each club card.

GWBush said:   Mohelmot said:   Yuyak said:   For the past 10+ years since moving out of my parents place, I never bothered to get a safeway club card and always just used my parents' phone number. I just signed up for one when this deal popped up and I still can't create a "Just For U" account with my new club card - still says that they can't find my card information. grr...

Why not just sign up for "Just For U" under your parents phone number?


Having trouble with existing number also. There is probably account limit for each club card.
Exactly. I tried to make it with my parents' number but it wouldn't let me. My guess is either my parents or my brother (also too lazy to set up his own club card account) already set up a Just For U account.

No limit on the number of times/transactions you can do this; only a limit of one $15 off $50 in per transaction. These will make great gifts. Thank you!

Worked like a charm for me, even the checker person was amazed. $60 worth of gift cards and two bags of groceries for $57! Thanks a bunch, OP, you rock.

Great deal. Now I don't have to sign up for extra accounts just to get the savings...

owl79 said:   No limit on the number of times/transactions you can do this; only a limit of one $15 off $50 in per transaction. These will make great gifts. Thank you!

was successful at Dominicks in Chicago. $36 for two three packs of 10 dollar gift cards ($60 total).

Success. Just to be clear: the in-store deal is specifically on multi-packs, so you have to find the multi-packs, not the single-card packs. (My store was almost out of multi-packs but had tons of single card packs. My store also had them in a few different locations, so I had to sleuth around a little.)

Worked for me -- I did it twice in the past few days.

Any trick to getting the $15 coupon to appear. All I have in special offers is $15 off $100 MasterCard prepaid card. I have a safeway 12 miles from my house. Thanks!

I dread dealing with the Vons website. Half the time it says I've entered my email wrong even if I've gone though a link they sent me. Once it does let me into my account after accepting a handful of deals the system goes down and I get an error screen. Then using the upromise coupons are a disaster because most (but not all) are manufacture coupons that can't be used with cutout coupons. And finally there's no wifi in the store/my phone doesn't get a good connection and I always forget to print my upromise deals leving me relying on my perimenopausal mind to remember what deals I've selected.

OK that's my Vons rant but what I'm trying to say is it might not be a problem with your parents account it could be a Vons glitch.

mj said:   Any trick to getting the $15 coupon to appear. All I have in special offers is $15 off $100 MasterCard prepaid card. I have a safeway 12 miles from my house. Thanks!

I believe the offer had to be added to your card by 12/22? (I can't tell on my account since I've already added the offer, but I seem to recall noticing that...)

The Mastercard offer is a new one.

If the iTunes coupon is showing up can you use it more than once as long as it is in a separate transaction?

Skipping 7 Messages...
On my Just for You app safeway now offers a $5 credit off your next shopping order at safeway if you buy $30 worth of iTunes gift cards. Looks like this is stackable on top of the $15 off of $50 that expires 12/29. This new offer expires on 1/8 . YMMV based on your area. This is a slightly better deal than the last one assuming you shop at safeway regularly.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014