• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LG (55LM4600) 55" 3D LED 1080p 120 Hz HDTV w/ Ultra-slim Frame @ Walmart - $799.98
was $999.99
Free Shipping!

• 55" LED Backlit 1080p HDTV (1920 x 1080)
  • 120Hz Refresh Rate
  • 3D
  • 3 HDMI Ports
  • Ultra-slim Bezel

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
just saw this thread. showing 848 now. when was the price 799?

kapil00 (Jan. 14, 2013 @ 10:18a) |

I have a question for the existing owners of this TV. What is the input voltage - Is it 110V or 110-240V and can be used... (more)

Malhotrasoft (Jan. 14, 2013 @ 4:25p) |

Are you seriously going to ship this 55" HDTV abroad?

docjoo (Jan. 15, 2013 @ 4:01p) |

Yep, price in cart is 848.00. not 799.00
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Any reason to get this vs. the 60" LG that's the same price?
Edit: Thought the 60" was LED also, looks like that one's plasma.

So tempting!!

TheGhoul Comment: Thank you for participating in the forums. However, this topic has been covered in a recent post Here (post #15). Dec. 16, 2012 @ 1:41a

TheGhoul said:   TheGhoul Comment: Thank you for participating in the forums. However, this topic has been covered in a recent post Here (post #15). Dec. 16, 2012 @ 1:41a

This one is a different model I think!!

Add in 10% california taxes and it's a meh. Damn you california!

From my research, LG tv's are Passive 3D as compare to Active 3D offered by some of the other brands. Passive 3D is almost similar to what we go and see in theatres (with inexpensive 3D glasses). I do feel some headache for continued watching of Passive 3D. Would invite others to provide their experience of Passive 3D v/s Active 3D (Samsung for instance).

Pulled the trigger. Thanks fatwallet!

Deleted

One of the wised experience ordered online from WalMart.

Do you free ship world wide?

What did you say bob?
enmay said:   Do you free ship world wide?

got one ..site to store in NH and no tax and used discover to get 5% Cash Back 799-40 = 759 + no tax

Got it.. well, hope I did.
Ordered using Discover and immediately got a text and email from Discover's fraud prevention department. Called them and thought the issue was resolved, but the order was cancelled several hours later anyway.
When I tried to reorder using a Chase CC WalMart wouldn't complete the order until I called Chase for verification.
Not sure why.

Picked up instore fri. night.This set is very good imho!I have a non 3D Sharp Quatron and this set in 2D is rivaling that one.
Just my $.02.
Grabbed some picture settings on AVSforums.No buyers remorse here!

srikanth730 said:   got one ..site to store in NH and no tax and used discover to get 5% Cash Back 799-40 = 759 + no tax

How the heck did you avoid sales tax?

NH has no state sales tax

Nice. Had no idea.

I'm on the fence. For another ~100ish, I can get a straight 2D set that's 60".

if this was on Amazon and i'd save the tax, I'm afraid I'd just have to buy it.

VERY tempting deal, but people should know this is more of a 60hz TV and trumotion settings are set to low with no option to change them -- you will not get the soap opera effect with this set. still seems like the best 55" deal i know of.

begunn said:   Got it.. well, hope I did.
Ordered using Discover and immediately got a text and email from Discover's fraud prevention department. Called them and thought the issue was resolved, but the order was cancelled several hours later anyway.
When I tried to reorder using a Chase CC WalMart wouldn't complete the order until I called Chase for verification.
Not sure why.
Because there is a LOT of internal fraud occurring from within Wal-Mart over the last year or so. If you haven't ordered from Wal-Mart lately, your card issuers are just being justifiably cautious.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1226568/

Anyone know the difference between this LM model and LS model from Amazon? Are they the same TV?

i got the 60PA5500 60" 600hz plasma at Sears. i showed them the frys price of 699. total YMMV but the guy asked his manager and they said ok. i had to pay tax but who cares.

docjoo said:   Anyone know the difference between this LM model and LS model from Amazon? Are they the same TV?

LM = 3D
LS = NON-3D

Both TV's are dumb... No smart tv

Thanks...I wonder why LS4600 costs more than LM4600?

Do I need a smart tv if I have Roku?

docjoo said:   Do I need a smart tv if I have Roku?

No, all smart TV means is the TV itself has built in software for Netflix and the like. If you got a Roku that already does that then you dont need it.

allivant said:   i got the 60PA5500 60" 600hz plasma at Sears. i showed them the frys price of 699. total YMMV but the guy asked his manager and they said ok. i had to pay tax but who cares.

I tried to get Sears to price match the subject of this thread (LG 55LM4600), but they declined saying the WalMart price was Special
Huh?

just saw this thread. showing 848 now. when was the price 799?

I have a question for the existing owners of this TV. What is the input voltage - Is it 110V or 110-240V and can be used outside US ?

Are you seriously going to ship this 55" HDTV abroad?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014