Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Inspired by this thread:
Sony Store - Buy $100 eGift Card and get $20 eGift Card as bonus
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1244560/

The price is actually $482.58 + tax on $582.58. I live in Boston so my out of pocket total is about $520.
The lowest price for the same camera is $589 shipped from 42nd Street camera.

Attached below is the actual receipt but don't be confused with the total of $618.89, that's not what I paid.
Bear with me and here is what I did.

In my case, first, you need to purchase 5x $100 egift cards from Sony:
https://sony.cashstar.com/gift-card/buy/

Then, you'll receive 5x $100 egift cards and 5x $20 bonus egift cards.
Due to high demand, the processing is really slow. To expedite the process, after placing the order online, call Sony egift card at 888 659 3455. After some verification, you'll get the codes in minutes.

Then, I spoke with a live person at Sony to place the order. I paid the remaining $19 with a credit card. I think it will work online too but not sure if the system allows stacking that many egift cards. I had no problems stacking over the phone.

Also, I had a choice of a free 2GB SD card or a free USB charger for placing the order over the phone. The USB charger is not specifically for the camera, just a generic one for any USB devices.

If you order the camera alone, it's $584.99 (about $2.50 more). It's weird but that's what I was told.

Good luck!

=================================================================================================================

Hello, xxxxxxxx

Your order has been confirmed.

Order Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your order contains the following item(s):

Product: DSCRX100/B
Per Unit Price: $560.92
Quantity: 1
Total Price: $560.92
Description: Cyber-shot Digital Camera RX100
Ship Method: Standard
Estimated Ship Date: 12/18/2012
Product: CPELS
Per Unit Price: $21.56
Quantity: 1
Total Price: $21.56
Description: Portable USB Charger - PC
Ship Method: Standard
Estimated Ship Date: 12/18/2012

Subtotal: $582.48
Tax:$36.41
Shipping Charges:$0.00

Order Total:$618.89

Sony
See Sony promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Sony RX100 (182.04kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony

Great price, I've had this camera for a couple months and love it.

where did you get the 582.XX price from? its 649 on their website. and i just confirmed over phone its the same price as on website $649.99

Sorry misread - deal must be dead?

With gift cards best you can get now is $550 - still cheaper than other listings but not that great of a deal anymore.

deshwasi said:   where did you get the 582.XX price from? its 649 on their website. and i just confirmed over phone its the same price as on website $649.99

Do you even read bro?!

He is correct - $650 with the gift cards would make it $550 - not the price the originally listed. Price must have gone up.

price was never less than $649.99 at SonyStyle.com as i had checked earlier today. OP got lucky with some CSR pulling tricks from their bag. the GC deal is/has been always there but will be way more than what OP paid.

I am getting the same price of $584.99, but that is logged in with my account which gets an employer discount of 10% off everything from SonyStyle.com. I would suspect OP has an employer discount associated with their account just like I do.........

I would also love to know how you got the starting price.

I didn't notice the 10% discount until someone mentioned it.
Yes, I do get the 10% discount through my employer. So I guess the deal is still on.

The deal is on if you have a discount - need to put that in the title. Otherwise it does the rest of us no good.

That isn't a 10% discount. At $650 that would be $585 before tax. What kind of discount is it? How did the Sony sales rep verify?

Too much work! If they sold out of RX100, you are stuck with the GC. Also you don't get the free extended warranty with (many) CCs. On top of that, you have to add sales tax.

The rest of the discount was explained. Read the post. You buy the gift cards and get basically 20% off. The problem is you have to have an employee discount to get it to his/her starting price of $582.

StueyG said:   The rest of the discount was explained. Read the post. You buy the gift cards and get basically 20% off. The problem is you have to have an employee discount to get it to his/her starting price of $582.

I did read the post. Where does $560.92 come from?

Guess it cannot be duplicated.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014