• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free Kinect Party Xbox 360 Game (XBLA) from Dec 18th - Dec 31st

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Kinect-Party/66acd000-...

Also go down to Luisfsanc post on this page.

There links to more free games @ Luisfsanc post

Here is a bunch of free games all through Xbox Marketplace:
Happy Wars for Xbox 360
Mars Rover Landing for Xbox 360
Crimson Alliance for Xbox 360
Totem Ball for Xbox 360
Hexic HD for Xbox 360
Game Room for Xbox 360 - and game Packs
Pinball FX 2 for Xbox 360
Harms Way for Xbox 360
Doritos Crash Course for Xbox 360
Aegis Wing for Xbox 360

Member Summary

Kinect Party
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Why in the heck would I wanna pay for a Xbox Live subscription. What a RIP OFF

EthanWeisinger (Dec. 25, 2012 @ 7:21p) |

lol....

smish (Dec. 26, 2012 @ 11:47p) |

You don't have the pay for an Xbox Live account. You can sign up for the free account and get this game for free.

There i... (more)

marsilies (Dec. 27, 2012 @ 12:33a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks bb!

Be sure to grab the (currently) free add-ons as well.

Edit: According to this article, the game will be 800MSP ($10) normally, with the add-ons 80MSP ($1):
http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/11/3755946/kinect-party-release-d...

Thanks for the reminder! I haven't had my Xbox powered up in months... Transitioned to my PS3/Vita and WiiU.

I'm only seeing a single add-on "Star Gazer" available, are there supposed to be more?

Now you, too, can light your children on fire while they squeal in delight.

http://download.xbox.com/content/images/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-...

AchillesPDX said:   I'm only seeing a single add-on "Star Gazer" available, are there supposed to be more?
There's also the add-on confusingly called "Kinect Party". This appears to be the unlock code for the full game (otherwise it starts in trial mode).

Thanks Butcherboy, Green for you.

thanks

Awesome! Free games are my favorite kind!!

LOL!

the only drawback is that you need a Xbox Live subscription.

4Rugal said:   the only drawback is that you need a Xbox Live subscription.

But it doesn't have to be a XB Gold subscription.
I have one console with gold and another without.
I installed all the games on the one without and they work fine.

Green for OP!

Thanks!

Jes1 said:   4Rugal said:   the only drawback is that you need a Xbox Live subscription.

But it doesn't have to be a XB Gold subscription.
I have one console with gold and another without.
I installed all the games on the one without and they work fine.

Green for OP!

Oh, so I don't have to pay for a subscription? I stopped at the sign up/sign in screen. Never did this before on the xbox.

4Rugal said:   Oh, so I don't have to pay for a subscription? I stopped at the sign up/sign in screen. Never did this before on the xbox.
Nope, a standard Xbox Live account is free. Just create the account and "buy" the free game and unlock code.

They've updated the descriptions for the game and add-on. The game is now called "Full Game - Kinect Party - Base Game" and includes only a few of the mini-games. The add-on is now called "Kinect Party - Full Unlock" and will unlock all 36 mini-games. The "Star Gazer" unlock add-on has been removed, but the Full Unlock add-on includes the Star Gazer mini game.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Kinect-Party/66acd000-...

These games are downloads but my Xbox doesn't have an internet connection. Is there a free way to connect my Xbox to Xbox Live so I can get these game?

therugsucker said:   These games are downloads but my Xbox doesn't have an internet connection. Is there a free way to connect my Xbox to Xbox Live so I can get these game?
Do you have internet at home? The newer Xbox 360s have built-in wifi. Can you connect it to your wifi? You could also try searching for a neighbor's open wifi connection. You could possibly tether off your smartphone, or a friend's, although this may use up your/their mobile data quota.

All Xbox 360's have an ethernet port, so you could attach it to your internet with an ethernet cord. This may require either a really long cable, or moving the Xbox closer to your internet modem/router for the purpose of downloading.

Another option would be to take your Xbox to a friends/neighbor's house and hook it up there, download the game(s), then take it back home to play.

therugsucker said:   These games are downloads but my Xbox doesn't have an internet connection. Is there a free way to connect my Xbox to Xbox Live so I can get these game?

use your live headset to let your xbox hear the audio from your dial-up modem

marsilies said:   therugsucker said:   These games are downloads but my Xbox doesn't have an internet connection. Is there a free way to connect my Xbox to Xbox Live so I can get these game?
Do you have internet at home? The newer Xbox 360s have built-in wifi. Can you connect it to your wifi? You could also try searching for a neighbor's open wifi connection. You could possibly tether off your smartphone, or a friend's, although this may use up your/their mobile data quota.

All Xbox 360's have an ethernet port, so you could attach it to your internet with an ethernet cord. This may require either a really long cable, or moving the Xbox closer to your internet modem/router for the purpose of downloading.

Another option would be to take your Xbox to a friends/neighbor's house and hook it up there, download the game(s), then take it back home to play.

My Xbox don't have wifi built-in. I'll try your suggestion to bring the unit close router and use an ethernet cable to connect the two. After the two are linked up, are the downloads going to automatically take place? I won't have my tv hooked up to the Xbox at that point, they're in separate rooms. Thanks for your help.

therugsucker said:   My Xbox don't have wifi built-in. I'll try your suggestion to bring the unit close router and use an ethernet cable to connect the two. After the two are linked up, are the downloads going to automatically take place? I won't have my tv hooked up to the Xbox at that point, they're in separate rooms. Thanks for your help.
I wouldn't recommend doing it without a monitor. Once the Xbox 360 is on and connected to the network, you're going to have to sign in to the Xbox Live account. Once signed in, it's going to download system updates to your console, if there are any. If you've never done an offline update of your Xbox, there probably are:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system-updates/system-upd...

It's very important not to turn off your Xbox 360 during a system update, as it could brick your system if you do.

Once connected, signed in, and updated, the Xbox 360 will automatically start downloading any Xbox Live Arcade purchases queued up for that account. However, without a screen, it'll be hard to know when they're done.

I'd suggest either getting a wifi adapter for your Xbox, or figure out a way to connect it to a display. If you have a computer monitor, you may be able to connect to that using an HDMI cable or VGA adapter cable. Here's a cheap VGA adapter cable:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=4010

Another option for wifi is if you have a laptop with both an ethernet port and wifi, you can use the laptop to bridge your Xbox to your network, with the Xbox connected to the laptop via ethernet, and the laptop connected to your network via wifi. Here's how to set it up in Windows 7:
http://forums.cnet.com/7726-19411_102-3120365.html?tag=posts;msg...

thanks to OP and Luisfansac for the links - lots of games to download tonight when I turn on my xbox

marsilies said:   therugsucker said:   My Xbox don't have wifi built-in. I'll try your suggestion to bring the unit close router and use an ethernet cable to connect the two. After the two are linked up, are the downloads going to automatically take place? I won't have my tv hooked up to the Xbox at that point, they're in separate rooms. Thanks for your help.
I wouldn't recommend doing it without a monitor. Once the Xbox 360 is on and connected to the network, you're going to have to sign in to the Xbox Live account. Once signed in, it's going to download system updates to your console, if there are any. If you've never done an offline update of your Xbox, there probably are:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system-updates/system-upd...

It's very important not to turn off your Xbox 360 during a system update, as it could brick your system if you do.

Once connected, signed in, and updated, the Xbox 360 will automatically start downloading any Xbox Live Arcade purchases queued up for that account. However, without a screen, it'll be hard to know when they're done.

I'd suggest either getting a wifi adapter for your Xbox, or figure out a way to connect it to a display. If you have a computer monitor, you may be able to connect to that using an HDMI cable or VGA adapter cable. Here's a cheap VGA adapter cable:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=4010

Another option for wifi is if you have a laptop with both an ethernet port and wifi, you can use the laptop to bridge your Xbox to your network, with the Xbox connected to the laptop via ethernet, and the laptop connected to your network via wifi. Here's how to set it up in Windows 7:
http://forums.cnet.com/7726-19411_102-3120365.html?tag=posts;msg...

I've got a lcd monitor with a DVI-D connecter. I'm going to get a HDMI to DVI converter plug and see if I can use a HDMI cable to hook up the Xbox to the monitor.

Happy Wars requires an xbox live gold subscription to play. Anyone know about the others?

Any recommendations on the other free games? I picked up Game Room and the packs for it, but wasn't sure if any others were worth getting.

links bronken...

"deleted"

More free games:

Intet Discovered

Battle Stuff -Kinect Game
Air Band -Kinect Game
Mutation Station -Kinect Game
Musical Feet -Kinect Game
I am Super! -Kinect Game

I'm confused about the Game Room download. I downloaded the full game and all 13 of the game packs, but when running the game on the xbox, none of the arcade games are unlocked. It still wants me to purchase the arcade games individually for MS points. Do I somehow need to activate the gamepacks? I tried re-downloading them, but that didn't help.

ShopBot said:   I'm confused about the Game Room download. I downloaded the full game and all 13 of the game packs, but when running the game on the xbox, none of the arcade games are unlocked. It still wants me to purchase the arcade games individually for MS points. Do I somehow need to activate the gamepacks? I tried re-downloading them, but that didn't help.

I don't think the Game Room items are actually free and Microsoft has dropped the Game Room concept anyway.

Thanks! I'll let my son know when he gets home to see if he'd like any of these. Green for you!

Am I missing something with Crimson Alliance? This too seems to be a demo version, as it ends after (?) the first level. You seem to need to purchase the character packs to advance any further.

This is just a demo.

deleted

I just downloaded Free Kinect Party Xbox 360 Game (XBLA) from Dec 18th - Dec 31st ( $35 Value )
There are several games on it; thanks OP!

Me and my youngest had a good laugh with Kinect Party. Thanks OP.

I can't wait to see what the next version of Kinect brings.

Another discovered... The Walking Dead: Episode 1

Why in the heck would I wanna pay for a Xbox Live subscription. What a RIP OFF

EthanWeisinger said:   Why in the heck would I wanna pay for a Xbox Live subscription. What a RIP OFF

lol....

Skipping 1 Messages...
EthanWeisinger said:   Why in the heck would I wanna pay for a Xbox Live subscription. What a RIP OFF
You don't have the pay for an Xbox Live account. You can sign up for the free account and get this game for free.

There is the pay Xbox Live Gold subscription, which is needed for online multiplayer, but not needed for this game.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014