• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I personally have this at the top of my 1911 list, over other brands I've fondled at this price point (S&W, Remington)

Seems it can be found a bit cheaper, but all those locales are out of stock.

Good luck..

Link

Description:

Ruger SR1911 Centerfire Pistol .45 AUTO
Item Number: 6700
Specifications:
Slide Material: Stainless Steel
Slide Finish: Low-Glare Stainless
Grip Frame: Low-Glare Stainless Steel
Sights: Fixed Novak« 3-Dot
Capacity: 8+1
Barrel Length: 5.00`
Height: 5.45`
Width: 1.34`
Overall Length: 8.67`
Weight: 39.00 oz.
Twist: 1:16` RH
Grooves: 6
MA Approved & Certified: No
CA Approved: No

Member Summary

RUGER SR1911
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good find! I waited on a list for months for mine. Very nice gun.

I'm in for one,

Great deal! Better stock up before the government limits new purchases to criminals only!

If anyone knows where I could find a Bushmaster 223 at a reasonable price. Please let me know!

Site currently down.

out of stock

You might have to wait, but I got my SR1911 for $550 from Lawmens in NC a couple of months ago. I was on their wait list for 6 months before finally getting the call. Shipping was $25, plus $40 for my local FFL transfer. It's a beautiful gun and shoots really well. I am sure there are custom SR1911's that are even better crafted, but I am amazed at the quality of this gun at $700 or $800. I had my heart set on a Kimber before Ruger cannon-balled into the 1911 market.

MaxRC said:   You might have to wait, but I got my SR1911 for $550 from Lawmens in NC a couple of months ago. I was on their wait list for 6 months before finally getting the call. Shipping was $25, plus $40 for my local FFL transfer. It's a beautiful gun and shoots really well. I am sure there are custom SR1911's that are even better crafted, but I am amazed at the quality of this gun at $700 or $800. I had my heart set on a Kimber before Ruger cannon-balled into the 1911 market.

That would be a great deal. I've never ordered from that site -- is it phone-order only on firearms, and do you have to be in law-enforcement to order?

Lawmens is a great store. We are lucky to have one in my town in FL. My DH drools everytime he goes there, which is once a week lately

Back in stock.

Listed as temporarily out of stock.

Anyone here actually shot one of these yet?

Seems like a nice deal if it's really built as well as some are reporting...

poorfatkid said:   Anyone here actually shot one of these yet?

Seems like a nice deal if it's really built as well as some are reporting...

I have about 200 rounds through mine. It's the only 1911 I have ever shot so I don't have any frame of reference, but so far I am very impressed with its balance, solid feel and precision. The weight of the gun is a great match with the 45 acp round. The trigger is crisp with a very confident release. There's is less of an urge to compensate for the firing than with other hand guns I have tried. The XD series, and other similarly more modern designs have better ergonomics, but they lack the basic balance that seems so natural and intrinsic to the 1911's design. It's no wonder that this gun has remained popular for so long.

I look forward to comparing this to a kimber, SA, and S&W someday.

Oh, I have shot the Ruger 22/45 back to back with this. Two very different guns.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014