• Text Only
Thanks OP, I missed the last free offer. I just signed up and added gmail, and now have a free membership through 3/20/2014.

Canceled and then signed up for another year (end date 12/20/2013). Worked great... and the order history is preserved as well.
Also went in and turned of Auto Renewal by going into "My Account".
Thanks OP... it works great for all my Newegg purchases! & Thanks Mistercheap for providing the information on Existing Account Extension
dallasburn

very nice OP.

thanks OP!great find!I just cancelled my membership which was due to end in a week and got another year for free without entering cc #!

works good, stores to shop at are limited though. i used it for a few things, then cancelled it now so i didnt forget to at a later time and get charged.

Thanks! Save much with SR, sent info on to friends

Delete

azs1 said:   hawaiian2002 said:   You guys are forgetting the fact that this promotion is meant for new members only. I have used Shoprunner many times at Newegg, Sports Authority, PETsMART, etc. I like the service and I am on my second year now - free one year and paid $79 for the second. It is a great service and well worth the $79 IMHO. Seems that this thread is all about how to "cheat" Shoprunner into giving people an additional year of service for free. The more people "cheat" them, the less likely they will be around for much longer.

What they want much more than non-renewals (which is what the great majority of people here would be because they don't get sufficient value out of the membership to pay $79 for it) is being able to direct users to their partners. What their partners want is for Shoprunner to direct more customers to their stores. I did use it several times this year, and also patronized some stores I wouldn't otherwise have (so, I provided value to them); just not enough to justify paying $79, so I did not plan to renew my subscription.

If this were truly for new customers only (and, there was no indication in the OP that this is the case), they would have programmed their system to prevent current customers from signing up again ("We're sorry, but our records show that you have had a Shoprunner membership within the past 12 months. You are not eligible for this free offer."). However, they did not do that (I also got an offer a few months ago for a free Shoprunner membership from a credit card company, with no suggestion that it is for new members only, so I see this as another effort to both get new members and keep current members).

After another free round, I may decide that it's worth paying for. Who knows. I've had several free trials of Amazon Prime over the years, but did not convert into a paying customer until this year. Shoprunner may offer another free year, or they may not. Who knows. But, their chances of converting me to a paying customer are much greater if I can extend my trial period another year, and that's actually a win for both of us (and, for their partners).

They did program their system to reject current customers. "You already have an active Shoprunner account. Please login to access your account.". I just tried it. If it went through, whatever, but that was not my intent.

Worked great for me too. Cancelled and re-signed up, extended through 2013. Woot!

Thanks!

Thanks

Great. Thanks!

OK, we get it . It worked. Please post with NEW or ADDITIONAL information. Don't need 100 more members to post just to say "I did it". Thanks to FW Staff.

bimmer34 said:   works good, stores to shop at are limited though. i used it for a few things, then cancelled it now so i didnt forget to at a later time and get charged.

so you've lost out on the rest of your membership. Why? They might add more stores that you like. Never know. Nothing gained by cancelling early.

peepsiemom said:   OK, we get it . It worked. Please post with NEW or ADDITIONAL information. Don't need 100 more members to post just to say "I did it". Thanks to FW Staff.
I did it!

Thanks

How fitting. I've renewed this essentially worthless membership on the very day the world is set to end. Oh joy !

peepsiemom said:   OK, we get it . It worked. Please post with NEW or ADDITIONAL information. Don't need 100 more members to post just to say "I did it". Thanks to FW Staff.

I like the "it worked" posts. They show me the deal is still going on and bumps the thread back to the top of the feed so others don't miss it. I'd miss lots of great deals if people didn't bump them up.

Thanks, OP. Canceled and then re-activated my membership with new expiration date!

Good deal. Wish I had seen 30 minutes earlier.

Thanks, since I missed this originally and my Free 1yr account was about to end in 9 days. Got another year for free.

Looked over my history and I've only used this account for Newegg and Dominos, guess I have to see if they offer anything else.

didn't read thru the other posts but went to http://www.shoprunner.com/members/ShopCentral.php to add Gmail account to get 90 extra days...

azs1 said:   hawaiian2002 said:   You guys are forgetting the fact that this promotion is meant for new members only. I have used Shoprunner many times at Newegg, Sports Authority, PETsMART, etc. I like the service and I am on my second year now - free one year and paid $79 for the second. It is a great service and well worth the $79 IMHO. Seems that this thread is all about how to "cheat" Shoprunner into giving people an additional year of service for free. The more people "cheat" them, the less likely they will be around for much longer.

What they want much more than non-renewals (which is what the great majority of people here would be because they don't get sufficient value out of the membership to pay $79 for it) is being able to direct users to their partners. What their partners want is for Shoprunner to direct more customers to their stores. I did use it several times this year, and also patronized some stores I wouldn't otherwise have (so, I provided value to them); just not enough to justify paying $79, so I did not plan to renew my subscription.

If this were truly for new customers only (and, there was no indication in the OP that this is the case), they would have programmed their system to prevent current customers from signing up again ("We're sorry, but our records show that you have had a Shoprunner membership within the past 12 months. You are not eligible for this free offer."). However, they did not do that (I also got an offer a few months ago for a free Shoprunner membership from a credit card company, with no suggestion that it is for new members only, so I see this as another effort to both get new members and keep current members).

After another free round, I may decide that it's worth paying for. Who knows. I've had several free trials of Amazon Prime over the years, but did not convert into a paying customer until this year. Shoprunner may offer another free year, or they may not. Who knows. But, their chances of converting me to a paying customer are much greater if I can extend my trial period another year, and that's actually a win for both of us (and, for their partners).

"On your honor" is the way they say. In my case I used the service exactly once (for Domino's) but I most likely would not use it if (a) I didn't already have a membership and (b) if it's not integrated into the checkout process of whatever site is partnered. It seems like keeping track of all the discounts when making a purchase is a task of its own and probably ripe for a solution (like, isn't the whole point convenience?)...

PS: If they would prefer that customers like me not keep a membership I would be happy to drop mine... but at present my only motivation for paying for a membership in the future (like 'azs1') would be an opportunity to use it (which only seems more likely with a trial); if that makes me subject to allegations of "cheating" then perhaps it's not worth it (though Shoprunner should be the one making that determination).

thanks op. this was the easiest deal ever! cancelled my 1 mth trial, used the same gmail id and got 1 yr free. no cc used. how nice!

Thanks. In for 1

thanks

terrific thanks op

got my 15 free months!

Thanks OP its worked for me as well.

I may have spoke too soon. I got an email tonight that said my membership will be exporting on.12/31/12 and I'm eligible for a $29 extension promo price.

thanks OP!

lemonhead said:   I may have spoke too soon. I got an email tonight that said my membership will be exporting on.12/31/12 and I'm eligible for a $29 extension promo price.

I made a purchase from a participating store and after it shipped, received an email saying, "You made a $50 purchase and qualify to renew for $29. Your current membership expires 12/31/2013." However, when I log-in, it tells me 03/19/2014 is the expiration date (12 months + 3 months for doing the Shoprunner Central thing and then cancelling it). I have a PDF printout of the 2014 expiration date and will try getting them to honor it should my account mysteriously close on 01/01/2013.

Only time will tell, I suppose.

Under my acct, it says "Your membership will automatically renew on 12/31/2012."
Still don't have my cc info on file. Is it even worth the trouble to cancel and renew?

Thanks! Didn't know about Shoprunner

Works.. thanks for posting..

Yes..its takes 2 mins to cancel and register..

Akiva1080 said:   Under my acct, it says "Your membership will automatically renew on 12/31/2012."
Still don't have my cc info on file. Is it even worth the trouble to cancel and renew?

thanks op.

Thanks a lot.Another free year..My auto renewal happen to be due this month.I usually am very careful. I don't know how I missed it..

Thanks OP! Just canceled, resigned up with the same info and now have 15 months. (Associated my gmail account too for the extra 3 months)

Wow, it's so easy! Thanks OP! Got another 15 months free.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014