• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Roku HD
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great price for a decent device, but Roku losing some of its appeal due to content/channel restrictions. Thanks for the post!

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1220399/

Thanks

OMG i just pulled the trigger on 2 hd's from Roku site 30 secs ago just my luck!

If you paid more, you could ask for price match, Roku customer service is good at doing some "good" for you.

The other day, we temporarily misplaced remote. They even shipped a free remote just after year+ since we bought it (one generation older Roku, not current generation unit). Their Customer Service is "considerate" for one thing! God forbid, never lose Roku remote! Without a remote you can do nothing with Roku! (not recall if your smart-phone/ipod/ipad app can be configured/authorized "after" you've lost the remote, anyway never lose remote, if you do - promptly order an extra one talking nicely with Roku CS)

When selecting "in-store pick-up", the quantity reverts back to 0. It appears this is not available for in-store pick-up.

Edit: Nevermind -- I see now that it apparently is MC's way of saying the store near me doesn't have it in-stock. Would be nice for MC website to actually display "out of stock at this store" rather than just saying "quantity updated". Oh well.

Thanks OP, ordered one with in-store pickup as a backup present for the SiL. She's been wanting a new "tv" so she can watch Netflix (never mind that she doesn't even have internet).

Download Plex (free) for the best local network streaming option. Far surpasses PlayOn (which I had paid for for several years)

If you to store for purchase, do not forget to click the button on the right which says $15 off any of the 3000 items no lower limit and click to print. Printer has to be attached
Something like this will pop up. Keep printer ready!

Gas price to drive the next State over to the nearest store kills the deal.

I bought three items at noon of Dec. 19. Just few minutes after the order confirmation email, I got a cancellation email saying" you order has been cancelled due to product unavailability or a payment authorization issue."

The store should tell customers what is the reason instead of mixing two totally unrelated reasons - one is not my fault and the other is. My card has no any problem, and actually, I even see the pending payment posted in my card. And 9 hours after that email, it seems I can still order the same product online - so the item is not unavailable. And te customer support is closed after 7 PM EST.

has been cancelled due to product unavailability or a payment authorization issue. You have not been charged for any items on this order (see list below).

called and talked to customer service agent and she told me that the all 3 models are out of stock and website only gets updated in morning once a day. so its dead now.

bump. All models back in stock at my local Micro Center. *Not* available online.

I love my Roku and there are so many private channels that it is well worth it. Also Plex alone is well worth getting a Roku.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.