• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Victorinox 241190, $285 shipped

"Swiss Army Victorinox Ambassador Military Time Mens Steel Watch - 241190

This Victorinox Swiss Army Ambassador Clous De Paris Manual Wind Stainless Steel Men's Swiss watch Model# 241190 will make a statement! This watch features a brushed & polished stainless steel case & bracelet with a Double Folding Clasp with Push Button and Safety Flap, Beautiful Silver Sunburst Effect dial set with silver tone & Luminous hand indicators, silver tone Arabic Numeral hour markers, Seconds Sub-dial with metallic blue hand indicator, Military Time Displayed, Uni-directional Rotating Engraved Divers Bezel, Dial is protected by a anti-reflective sapphire crystal, Push & Pull Crown is engraved with Swiss Army Logo, Screw-Down Transparent Case Back, Features a Swiss Manual Hand Winding movement, 17 Jewels, 56 Hour Power Reserve, Water resistant to 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.

As all of our other watches, this Victorinox Swiss Army Ambassador Clous De Paris Gents watch comes with the original box, warranty card and papers!"

This is the lowest price I could find. Next lowest is Amazon (`$305). The next lowest prices are quite a bit higher. Some online merchants are selling it for $650 to over $1,000.

No sales tax unless, like me, you're in NY. Use a Discover card if possible for 5% Cash Back. No other vendor/merchant or rebate entity Cash Back that I could find.

This is large, beautiful REAL (not quartz) watch with a very nice manual hand winding movement. I could not confirm it, but some claim it's the very well known Unitas 6498 manual wind, or at least a variation of it. It certainly looks like it's at the very least a variation of the 6498, but once again I cannot confirm it.

I just ordered one and was told it would ship today. By the way, this vendor has a peculiar requirement. When ordering via credit card, they want you to fax them your signature. This is not disclosed until after you submit payment information. However, a toll free phone call waived that requirement for me. So if you do order, don't let this bother you, since all you need to do is call them and they will immediately waive it.

The watch looks much nicer in person. It's beautiful, but just be aware that it is BIG. This is a typical high quality Victorinox quality watch.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's an ok deal.. about 10% discount.

Watches and Beyond sells it for $285 on their site, but also sells the same watch for $329 on Amazon, $329 on Buy, and $305 on eBay.
Newegg has it for $369, Amazon (Watchingo) has it for $302.

Green from me, Thanks OP

Swiss, mechanical, under $500. Nothing but green. But it is not auto, so OP please fix your title.

sleepybubba said:   Swiss, mechanical, under $500. Nothing but green. But it is not auto, so OP please fix your title.Thanks for the correction. I don't know why I screwed up on that, because the fact that this watch is a manual wind makes it better than an automatic, at least in my opinion, and one reason I posted the deal. Quality manual wind watches have become more expensive than automatics, in many cases.

I guess I had the new Tissot Visodate automatic I just returned because it was not very accurate in the back of my mind as I was posting this deal. I love manual wind watches, especially those with the Unitas 6497 or 6498 movements.

Mikey895 said:   It's an ok deal.. about 10% discount.

Watches and Beyond sells it for $285 on their site, but also sells the same watch for $329 on Amazon, $329 on Buy, and $305 on eBay.
Newegg has it for $369, Amazon (Watchingo) has it for $302.
Whenever the price is right, I prefer buying watches from sources dealing only in watches or watches and jewelry. So of all the sources you mentioned, I still would have picked Watches and Beyond to buy it from, which coincidentally still has the lowest current price, and is the vendor this deal highlights.

There is nothing wrong with manual wind watches. Some people even prefer manual wind (like Auto transmission vs stick shift). I just have a personal issue with quartz as a cheap alternative.
cga said:   sleepybubba said:   Swiss, mechanical, under $500. Nothing but green. But it is not auto, so OP please fix your title.Thanks for the correction. I don't know why I screwed up on that, because the fact that this watch is a manual wind makes it better than an automatic, at least in my opinion, and one reason I posted the deal. Quality manual wind watches have become more expensive than automatics, in many cases.

I guess I had the new Tissot Visodate automatic I just returned because it was not very accurate in the back of my mind as I was posting this deal. I love manual wind watches, especially those with the Unitas 6497 or 6498 movements.

As I mentioned earlier, I prefer manual wind watches. And I already have too many of them in my collection.

The only new traditional quartz watch I can think of that I would buy is one of the Bulova Precisionist models, and only at a large discount from normal street price.

For example, there was a really good deal on one of these recently (I posted the deal here but it expired). $99 shipped for a Precisionist with a very long bracelet, which I need. This won't be important to 99+% of the people reading this, but this Precisionist was the only watch I've ever bought or even tried on that had a bracelet too long for my ridiculously large wrist. All of the Precisionists with bracelets are long. But that's not why I like the Precisionist line. I like them for their extreme accuracy (10 seconds/year but don't believe it), its good quality, long sturdy bracelets, and smooth second hand. Plus, if you keep a sharp eye out you will find them highly discounted every so often. I would never spend more than a couple of hundred dollars on any new quartz watch, except perhaps for a Citizen eco-drive, which is not exactly your ordinary quartz watch.

Getting back to the watch that is the subject of this deal, I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of mine. I've never seen a Victorninox Swiss Army watch I didn't like. I'm hoping this one will fit my wrist, but I'm used to dealing with watches that don't.

Mine came today, signature required. Beautiful, large, heavy watch with very good quality stainless steel band. Has a unidirectional rotating bezel, which I didn't notice in the description. The movement is unadorned and other than 17 Jewels and Swiss, is not marked. It would have been nice if the movement had at least a bit of fancy engraving, etc. but it's not a big deal. Won't know how accurate it is for a while. The crown is a bit smallish for the watch and somewhat hard to grasp and wind for me, but that's probably something that not many people will notice.

The bracelet is long and very good quality. I'm not totally crazy about the clasp, but it's good enough. Came in a solid, real Victorinox Swiss Army box with instructions. All surfaces of the watch were covered in plastic, including the bracelet. Very nice dial. All in all, a really really good manual wind watch and well worth the deal price. Looks, feels, and wears like a much more expensive watch. I might actually wind up keeping this one indefinitely.

Waiting for mine to arrive. Have seen size variously as 43MM, 44, and 45? Which is it? Is this a Unitas mechanical movemeent? Anyone?

I was going to post a follow up to my last post, but the lack of interest in the thread (watch) made me keep putting it off.

As I mentioned in my last post, I received mine and initially liked it very much. It's a very well put together, solid, and overall a very substantial watch. I did not measure the diameter of the case, but it's not suitable for skinny wrists.

The crown was very,VERY stiff. It took a great deal of strength to wind it. Also, after every turn of the crown it would give back about half the rotation (unwinding itself). Exacerbating the issue is the fact that the crown is very small, making it twice as hard to wind. The watch needs a larger crown.

I kept the watch for several days and discovered that it was 17 seconds off per 24 hours. That may be within spec's...but it's not acceptable to me.

I returned the watch. Don't know if my credit card has been credited the purchase price yet, but the vendor's customer service was absolutely first rate. No questions were asked.

Regarding the movement--it looks like a Unitas 6497/6498, but it's not marked.

I don't know if my watch was defective, or if the model is designed with a super stiff crown that slips, and if 17 seconds off per 24 hours is normal. I'd be very interested to hear what others think of this model.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014