• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
www.discovercard.com

MODS LEAVE IN HD! plz do not move to finance

Not sure if everyone has noticed this...

Discover Cash Back redemption page has "Sam's Clubģ $40 Membership + $10" in gift cards section for spending your $40 Cash Back bonus... Even though the gift card that they will send will say as "Membership cards", they will ring as normal gift cards in WalMart and Sams Club

Login and redeem it if you are interested

https://www.discovercard.com/
It also says the below... So there should not be any problems to redeem this in Sams Club or WalMart on regular merchandise

"If you are a current Samís Club Member, the membership card has a $40 value and can also be used for merchandise at Samís Club in addition to the $10 Samís Club gift card."

Redeem your CashBack Bonus for a one year Advantage Membership (a $40 value) plus a bonus $10 Sam's Clubģ Gift Card.

If you are a current Samís Club Member, the membership card has a $40 value and can also be used for merchandise at Samís Club in addition to the $10 Samís Club gift card.

Samís Clubģ is your solution for warehouse club savings on name-brand merchandise and more! Become a Member of Samís Club and find outstanding value on everything from groceries to electronics. Also take advantage of convenient Specialty Departments. Most Club locations offer a Digital Photo Center, Pharmacy, Tire and Battery Center and much more.
Gift Cards can be used at Samís Club locations or online at SamsClub.com. Please refer to the back of your card for any additional terms and conditions.
Restrictions apply, please see Samís Clubģ Terms and Conditions for details.

Walmart
See Walmart coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Sams Club
See Sams Club coupons that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

$40 in Discover Cashback = $50 WalMart/Sams Club Gift Card
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I turned $160 of Discover CashBack into $200 of WalMart cards, which I used towards a new iPad 4.

suezyque (Feb. 01, 2013 @ 7:57p) |

So you're the one who killed it!

Chris.

cpaynter (Feb. 09, 2013 @ 1:01a) |

Looks like Sam's Club has been removed from the Discover Card Cash Back reward program as of 2/1/2013. Prior to this it ... (more)

e2e8e2 (Feb. 11, 2013 @ 4:01p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Been there for years....

Jeff36 said:   Been there for years....

Yes, but has been out of stock for awhile. Just came back in.

So regardless of whether someone is a member of Sam's Club, they get (1) $40 gift card and (1) $10 gift card?

Adding to cart a popup says

Discovercard said: Important Notice About Sam's Club Redemption

Upon completing your redemption, you will receive two cards in the mailóa oneĖyear Prepaid Membership Card (a $40 value) plus a $10 Sam's Club gift card.

Current Sam's Clubģ Members:
The prepaid Membership Card acts like a $40 Sam's Club gift card that can be used for merchandise in store or at SamsClub.comóplus, get an additional $10 Sam's Club gift card. Please see Sam's Club Partner Terms & Conditions for full details. Be sure to see the back of your Membership Card for more Sam's Club benefits.

Jeff36 said:   Been there for years....

your point? I bet most people never realized it can be used as a regular WM/SC gc.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Jeff36 said:   Been there for years....

your point? I bet most people never realized it can be used as a regular WM/SC gc.

Has been pretty widely discussed on FW, but never hurts to mention it again.

Edit - posted twoce

jimbocobb said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Jeff36 said:   Been there for years....

to be honest, I've never once seen it mentioned in an HD thread. perhaps in Finance threads, but I don't hit that forum much at all.

Thanks...getting very close to $80 in CB.

Let the green dictate the quality of thread!

Thanks for letting me know they are back in stock as I've been waiting to redeem until they showed up again

thank you. very good post

if I use this at WalMart, how much the value of it? would it be $40 or $50?

thanks

dewvillage said:   if I use this at WalMart, how much the value of it? would it be $40 or $50?

thanks

"the membership card has a $40 value and can also be used for merchandise at Samís Club/WM in addition to the $10 Samís Club/WM gift card."

WalMart gift card is out of stock again.

MISTERCHEAP said:   jimbocobb said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Jeff36 said:   Been there for years....

to be honest, I've never once seen it mentioned in an HD thread. perhaps in Finance threads, but I don't hit that forum much at all.

Here are a couple threads I found doing a quick search (yeah, some of them are from Finance):

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=18&thre...

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1226734/

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=52&thre...

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=52&thre...

I refuse to shop at WalMart because they are purposely paying their employees poverty wages with the result that the American people are subsidizing the health benefits of their underpaid employees. Meanwhile the WalMart heirs have more money than they can spend in a thousand lifetimes, in part because US taxpayers are paying part of their cost of doing business.

SimMike said:   I refuse to shop at WalMart because they are purposely paying their employees poverty wages with the result that the American people are subsidizing the health benefits of their underpaid employees. Meanwhile the WalMart heirs have more money than they can spend in a thousand lifetimes, in part because US taxpayers are paying part of their cost of doing business.

go post on a political forum, this is a deal site. Not interested in your diatribe.

suezyque said:   Jeff36 said:   Been there for years....

Yes, but has been out of stock for awhile. Just came back in.
I've had no issue with them being OOS recently and have redeemed for well over $2K in Sams/WM cards this year.

i purchased these almost every month (except last month it was OOS). Very good deal.
its like 20% off on your WalMart/sams purchase.

Any tips on how to easily convert these multiple low denomination GCs into one big one?

pkp413 said:   Any tips on how to easily convert these multiple low denomination GCs into one big one?Go to WalMart. Buy a single $XXX GC, pay with multiple GCs worth up to $XXX.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   pkp413 said:   Any tips on how to easily convert these multiple low denomination GCs into one big one?Go to WalMart. Buy a single $XXX GC, pay with multiple GCs worth up to $XXX.

LOL!

I picked up 4 of these tonight. I don't shop there much, but I'm sure I can buy groceries. The 20% savings is a good thing!

suezyque said:   I picked up 4 of these tonight. I don't shop there much, but I'm sure I can buy groceries. The 20% savings is a good thing!

suzy,

it's even better than that! take all your local supermarket circulars with you when you go grocery shopping, they match all advertised sale prices (see their policy on their website for exact details). but you can get ALL your sales at one place that way. I do it all the time, comes in handy!

PrinceK said:   So regardless of whether someone is a member of Sam's Club, they get (1) $40 gift card and (1) $10 gift card?

Thats what I want to know .. will this yield $50 for a non-Sams club member as well?

tsanju said:   PrinceK said:   So regardless of whether someone is a member of Sam's Club, they get (1) $40 gift card and (1) $10 gift card?

Thats what I want to know .. will this yield $50 for a non-Sams club member as well?

this is explained in the thread.

the $40 "membership" fee gc, is just a gc that can be used to pay for anything a regular Sams/WalMart GC pays for.

so yes, $50 total in GC's. has nothing to do with being a sams club member or not as sams club GC's work at WalMart as well.

I have been hording CashBack for 50% off shell or likes... I missed the last one and I know I will see it again the day I redeem my CashBack.

in for a couple after all that online shopping this qtr. thanks.

I am waiting for the $40 Shell GC for $20 discover card but it does not happen.

starcrossed said:   I have been hording CashBack for 50% off shell or likes... I missed the last one and I know I will see it again the day I redeem my CashBack.

Same here...I have $9,000 in Discover CB waiting to go!

I don't see what's so special about this vs. other redemptions. This $40 + $10 item would require me to make a redemption of 7000 miles. Most other $50 items, such as $50 GCs to Olive Garden and Ace Hardware also have redemption values of 7000 miles.

Just redeemed CashBack for 5 gift cards. Didn't realized I have built up this much CashBack! Maybe its time for a rest. HO..HO..HO!!

kiet1451 said:   I am waiting for the $40 Shell GC for $20 discover card but it does not happen.

yeah that was sweet. got $1500 in shell gas cards for $750 last year right before a 3500 mile summer roadtrip. made good use of the shell station finder app on my phone. hope that deal comes back again soon...

vxmike said:   starcrossed said:   I have been hording CashBack for 50% off shell or likes... I missed the last one and I know I will see it again the day I redeem my CashBack.

Same here...I have OVER $9,000 in Discover CB waiting to go!

There, fixed it for ya!

This gets heated and served every few months.

Did this last time and it worked perfectly. Time for two more - green for you, OP!

SimMike said:   I refuse to shop at WalMart because they are purposely paying their employees poverty wages with the result that the American people are subsidizing the health benefits of their underpaid employees. Meanwhile the WalMart heirs have more money than they can spend in a thousand lifetimes, in part because US taxpayers are paying part of their cost of doing business.

I love WM!! Where else are you going to go to see "The People of WalMart?"

thanks!

kiet1451 said:   I am waiting for the $40 Shell GC for $20 discover card but it does not happen.
Wait for starcrossed to redeem and then we will get the shell deal!

Skipping 35 Messages...
Looks like Sam's Club has been removed from the Discover Card Cash Back reward program as of 2/1/2013. Prior to this it looks like they had a limit on the number of redemption for the past few months as if you did it early in the month it worked, but later in the month you got the message someone posted above. Now, Sam's Club doesn't even appear as a choice. For the past few months I had been waiting until the beginning of the month to redeem so that I could get mine in while the monthly allotment was still there, but this month it's gone completely. I guess too many people had figured out that this was the best Cash Back deal available. The only things left where you can get a $10 bonus for $40 worth of Cash Back are high margin specialty retailers that aren't a good deal even with the extra $10. Think I'll go back to using my Capital One card as my primary credit card, as the only reason Discover was competitive with Capital One was if you used all your cash rewards for these Sam's Club gift cards, which were also good at WalMart.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014