• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Just placed my order for 4. Would love to see something with more credit.

RaoMonger said:   kiet1451 said:   I am waiting for the $40 Shell GC for $20 discover card but it does not happen.
Wait for starcrossed to redeem and then we will get the shell deal!

wasn't this deal TWO YEARS ago now?? Yes, it would be great if it returns, but so far, that hasn't happened and I'm not expecting it to in the near future with gas back down to $3 a gallon in many parts of the USA.

excoriatorb said:   I don't see what's so special about this vs. other redemptions. This $40 + $10 item would require me to make a redemption of 7000 miles. Most other $50 items, such as $50 GCs to Olive Garden and Ace Hardware also have redemption values of 7000 miles.

what's so special about it is, many people use this on groceries, a 20% discount on already low priced groceries is an excellent deal. 20% off mediocre Italian food at Olive Garden is not quite the same deal IMO.

I only see Sam's Club card not WalMart card.

charlietsou said:   I only see Sam's Club card not WalMart card.

They are interchangable. You can use Sam's at WalMart and vice versa.

charlietsou said:   I only see Sam's Club card not WalMart card.
Did you read the original post at all? Or maybe you just read the title and comment right away.

Upon completing your redemption, you will receive two cards in the mail—a one–year Prepaid Membership Card (a $40 value) plus a $10 Sam's Club gift card.
Current Sam's Club® Members:

The prepaid Membership Card acts like a $40 Sam's Club gift card that can be used for merchandise in store or at SamsClub.com—plus, get an additional $10 Sam's Club gift card.

Please see Sam's Club Partner Terms & Conditions for full details. Be sure to see the back of your Membership Card for more Sam's Club benefits.

Does this still mean that I will get a $40 gift card?

bharatiya said:   Upon completing your redemption, you will receive two cards in the mail—a one–year Prepaid Membership Card (a $40 value) plus a $10 Sam's Club gift card.
Current Sam's Club® Members:

The prepaid Membership Card acts like a $40 Sam's Club gift card that can be used for merchandise in store or at SamsClub.com—plus, get an additional $10 Sam's Club gift card.

Please see Sam's Club Partner Terms & Conditions for full details. Be sure to see the back of your Membership Card for more Sam's Club benefits.

Does this still mean that I will get a $40 gift card?

acts like a $40 Sam's Club gift card

you tell us........

I read that, but it says Current Sam's Club Members: at the top.
And it also says Prepaid Membership card.

Thank you! We did this last year and it works great!

bharatiya said:   I read that, but it says Current Sam's Club Members: at the top.
And it also says Prepaid Membership card.

as noted many, many times in the thread, it works the same as a gift card. please, READ THE THREAD!!

OK. Thanks your your patience!

then don't , who cares!!!!

SimMike said:   I refuse to shop at WalMart because they are purposely paying their employees poverty wages with the result that the American people are subsidizing the health benefits of their underpaid employees. Meanwhile the WalMart heirs have more money than they can spend in a thousand lifetimes, in part because US taxpayers are paying part of their cost of doing business.

Thank you for this post. I did not realize this and got one today because of this post. Much appreciated!

What if you are not a current Sam's Club member, does the $40 membership card still work at WalMart?

advocatus said:   What if you are not a current Sam's Club member, does the $40 membership card still work at WalMart?
Not unless you read the thread and learn the secret method.

curtisekarr said:   advocatus said:   What if you are not a current Sam's Club member, does the $40 membership card still work at WalMart?

That is cute, but the only person I see answering that question is Mistercheap. I'd like independent confirmation.

advocatus said:   curtisekarr said:   advocatus said:   What if you are not a current Sam's Club member, does the $40 membership card still work at WalMart?

That is cute, but the only person I see answering that question is Mistercheap. I'd like independent confirmation.

Sam's and Wallmart gift cards are interchangeble. Period. Is that independent enough for you?

advocatus said:   curtisekarr said:   advocatus said:   What if you are not a current Sam's Club member, does the $40 membership card still work at WalMart?

if you read the thread, many people replied they've been doing exactly what I posted. and you keep asking the same questions over and over.

Do you think this thread would have 15+ green if it wasn't good to use these at WalMart???

starcrossed said:   I have been hording CashBack for 50% off shell or likes... I missed the last one and I know I will see it again the day I redeem my CashBack.

Well, can you go ahead and just redeem already, so we can get a crack at that 50% off Shell (again)?

Any expiration date on these cards ? My membership is due in Feb !!

Never mind. Answered in the thread.

Offer Currently Unavailable

This offer is currently unavailable for rewards redemption. If you would like to redeem for this offer, please check back later. Please call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683) if you have further questions.

FW Effect !!

can you use the sam's cards at WalMart.com?

Gimmeit said:   vxmike said:   starcrossed said:   I have been hording CashBack for 50% off shell or likes... I missed the last one and I know I will see it again the day I redeem my CashBack.

Same here...I have OVER $9,000 in Discover CB waiting to go!

There, fixed it for ya!

Hahaha. Thanks for making my day

I go through H E L L every time I try to redeem these at WalMart. The cashiers never know how to handle them. I also have never been able to get one to work at Sam's Club. Usually I just give up and pay with something else. Once in a while a cashier will figure it out or they will need to go to a manager to get them to work. If I get more I am going to take them all at once and buy regular gift cards that they can figure out how to handle.

FlyingBoat said:   I go through H E L L every time I try to redeem these at WalMart. The cashiers never know how to handle them. I also have never been able to get one to work at Sam's Club. Usually I just give up and pay with something else. Once in a while a cashier will figure it out or they will need to go to a manager to get them to work. If I get more I am going to take them all at once and buy regular gift cards that they can figure out how to handle.

do you know "how" they handle them, perhaps you can post up the instructions so we all know what to tell a cashier or manager how to process these?

I might also add, 2-3x a year, Sam's does have an "open house" day where you don't have to be a member to shop there, these would work well on those occassions too if you don't belong.

FlyingBoat said:   I go through H E L L every time I try to redeem these at WalMart. The cashiers never know how to handle them. I also have never been able to get one to work at Sam's Club. Usually I just give up and pay with something else. Once in a while a cashier will figure it out or they will need to go to a manager to get them to work. If I get more I am going to take them all at once and buy regular gift cards that they can figure out how to handle.Strange...these are no different than a Sams/WM gift card you would purchase in the store. I've been getting these for years and never had a problem. If they can't handle these gift cards then they apparently can't handle any gift cards.

Did anyone receive the cards yet? Ordered 4 on Dec 20, still waiting...

For last few days, discover card says:

This offer is currently unavailable for rewards redemption. If you would like to redeem for this offer, please check back later. Please call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683) if you have further questions.

I wonder when/if it come back. FW effect?

vkva said:   For last few days, discover card says:

I wonder when/if it come back. FW effect?

I think the news just got worse. The Sam's Club offer doesn't show up at all anymore.

Chris.

I turned $160 of Discover CashBack into $200 of WalMart cards, which I used towards a new iPad 4.

suezyque said:   I turned $160 of Discover CashBack into $200 of WalMart cards, which I used towards a new iPad 4.

So you're the one who killed it!

Chris.

Looks like Sam's Club has been removed from the Discover Card Cash Back reward program as of 2/1/2013. Prior to this it looks like they had a limit on the number of redemption for the past few months as if you did it early in the month it worked, but later in the month you got the message someone posted above. Now, Sam's Club doesn't even appear as a choice. For the past few months I had been waiting until the beginning of the month to redeem so that I could get mine in while the monthly allotment was still there, but this month it's gone completely. I guess too many people had figured out that this was the best Cash Back deal available. The only things left where you can get a $10 bonus for $40 worth of Cash Back are high margin specialty retailers that aren't a good deal even with the extra $10. Think I'll go back to using my Capital One card as my primary credit card, as the only reason Discover was competitive with Capital One was if you used all your cash rewards for these Sam's Club gift cards, which were also good at WalMart.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014