• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

RNX-N150RT
Disclaimer
Rosewill RNX-N150RT Wireless Router, DD-WRT Open Source 50% off @ $14.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166064

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Rosewill RNX-N150RT Wireless Router, DD-WRT Open Source
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Do you mind me asking which one of the MANY links on that page?

Thanks!

cheapsteve (Jan. 07, 2013 @ 11:43a) |

its the 2nd or 3rd post from the beginning...which has this in it...

Here is where I downloaded the files.
ftp://ftp.dd-w... (more)

DaRealPencil (Jan. 07, 2013 @ 1:51p) |

DaRealPencil -- thanks a ton, as my efforts so far have gone nowhere!

cheapsteve (Jan. 07, 2013 @ 2:59p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

nice! in for one

Edit : Looks like this will work.
In for one , thank Op!
I have a wireless router (Bufflao) in one of my rooms can I use new router in my living room to extend my network .
The wireless singnal from the Buffalo is dropped in the living room some times

i bought this router. installing ddwrt was a snap and turned it into a wireless bridge for my PS3

imtiaz78 said:   Edit : Looks like this will work.
In for one , thank Op!
I have a wireless router (Bufflao) in one of my rooms can I use new router in my living room to extend my network .

I have set up many DD-WRT routers as repeaters. Let me know if you have any trouble getting it set up and I will help you out!

leprechanmonkie said:   imtiaz78 said:   Edit : Looks like this will work.
In for one , thank Op!

I have set up many DD-WRT routers as repeaters. Let me know if you have any trouble getting it set up and I will help you out!

it would be great (when you have the info) if you could list out the steps to do this here so others that need the help could use it...

in for one.

Perfect timing, my old router has been having issues and it's only up to G. Picked up two for full house coverage with a strong signal.

Does anybody know if the input voltage range on the power adapter on this router? 110v-240v or 110v only?

In for one. Thanks!

I agree, if somebody would be so kind as to post the process...

DaRealPencil said:   leprechanmonkie said:   imtiaz78 said:   Edit : Looks like this will work.
In for one , thank Op!

it would be great (when you have the info) if you could list out the steps to do this here so others that need the help could use it...

For those who have trouble setting it up as a wireless bridge, use WPA instead of WPA2.

110-240v. Works great with dd-wrt. Had a horrible time trying to get repeater bridge to work, so I'm using just the repeater (non-bridged) mode. I was trying three routers chained though. Didn't try only two routers in bridged mode.

Very simple and to the point repeater instructions....with pictures!

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/images/9/9b/Repeater_Bridge.jpg

Here is the link to an amazing discussion on DD Wrt and Tomato. Almost anything you need to know about the open source software.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1182506/?start=0

ChurchofSubgenius said:   Very simple and to the point repeater instructions....with pictures!

Does this mean you have to buy two of these, or will it repeat signals from an existing wireless router. I have ATT u-verse and their wireless router provides a weak signal!

Thanks.

I am using WPA2 mixed mode with no errors

Does this work well as an actual router too? I have an expensive DLink that can't hold a VPN connection for more than 5 minutes. For $15, maybe it's worth a shot?

cheapsteve said:   ChurchofSubgenius said:   Very simple and to the point repeater instructions....with pictures!

Does this mean you have to buy two of these, or will it repeat signals from an existing wireless router. I have ATT u-verse and their wireless router provides a weak signal!

Thanks.

I have this question also. I have a D-Link N router that is not DD-WRT compatible but would like to set up a bridge for better coverage in my home.

In for 1 , for $15 its worth a shot.
Thanks everyone

PS: got mine upgraded with free 2-day shipping as a Shoprunner member. So it should be here for me to play on this weekend

MasterX said:   cheapsteve said:   ChurchofSubgenius said:   Very simple and to the point repeater instructions....with pictures!

Thanks.

I have this question also. I have a D-Link N router that is not DD-WRT compatible but would like to set up a bridge for better coverage in my home.

Seems like its possible as long as you configure this new router as the DD-WRT secondary
I will be trying this out with a Buffalo router (that has non DD-WRT firmware although I can upgrade the firmware on that one too).

Thanks OP, in for one

OK, took the plunge, thanks all.

instructions are here

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wlan_Repeater

If you need clarification ask, because there is quite a few steps involved. The DD-WRT page has lots of support options available.

Thanks OP. Picked one up for my parents for a XMAS present so they can connect the blu-ray player I got them.

Ordered one. This will be my first foray into DD-WRT. Thanks to all for the links.

in for one. my Belkin is being temperamental.

In fer one, thx!

leprechanmonkie said:   instructions are here

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wlan_Repeater

If you need clarification ask, because there is quite a few steps involved. The DD-WRT page has lots of support options available.
Can I bridge these in wired mode? I see the website you liked to says the instructions were for wireless connections only, but they don't say how to do wired. And can you bridge 3 of them together in wired mode (I would expect that you can do 3). Thanks.

Finally.. if I were to just leave these with the default firmware, are they any good? I need routers for my synagogue and I'm not thrilled about giving them heavily customized stuff in case someone else has to fix it someday.

Looks like a great inexpensive hacker's router. Shame that it runs on 9v. If it used 5v, it might have been powerable by a USB port.

Grabbed 2 for spares.

As the family's goto "tech guy" I know they'll come in handy.

MasterX said:   cheapsteve said:   ChurchofSubgenius said:   Very simple and to the point repeater instructions....with pictures!

Thanks.

Yup, I'm repeating Cisco stock to Rosewill DD-WRT to Cisco DD-WRT. I followed those instructions for repeater bridge but it would only work intermittently, so I switched to non-briged mode with each router being on a separate subnet.

Thanks. I am also in for 1.

Sold out.

billrubin said:   Can I bridge these in wired mode? I see the website you liked to says the instructions were for wireless connections only, but they don't say how to do wired. And can you bridge 3 of them together in wired mode (I would expect that you can do 3). Thanks.

Finally.. if I were to just leave these with the default firmware, are they any good? I need routers for my synagogue and I'm not thrilled about giving them heavily customized stuff in case someone else has to fix it someday.

I'm not sure what you mean by bridging them in wired mode? They are a combination of a switch and wireless AP and a CPU. You can of course connect multiple switches by daisy-chaining them. Routers are no different. You would want to make sure that only one out of the connected group of routers is handing out DHCP addresses on the LAN.

iamabigbug said:   Does anybody know if the input voltage range on the power adapter on this router? 110v-240v or 110v only?

Got mine today
This has a 110v-240v adapter i.e. should work great overseas too

I setup the Router with DD-WRT:
Anyone interested can use the instructions on http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=730557#730557

I got 2 on 12/26 and set both of them up with WDS across the house with DD-WRT. Nice routers and pretty easy setup.

You folks must be geniuses. I flashed mine and now it has a completely different "dd-wrt.com" control panel interface and none of the options on the above links are shown. I am guessing I actually have waya more choices with this control panel, but I don't speak that level of network mastery! Ugh.

Skipping 8 Messages...
DaRealPencil -- thanks a ton, as my efforts so far have gone nowhere!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014