• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Stunner2xx said:   I am using WPA2 mixed mode with no errors

Good to hear that because I really don't want to use WPA only.

What version of DD-WRT is everyone using?

i just followed directions on this link and mine worked fine...

link

I finally play around today. The instruction from the link work just fine. Once upgrade the firmware, it will be different from the original.

I'm very familiar with DD-WRT but in the version 20119 for this Rosewill router, I didn't see the Wireless option for "Repeater Bridge". My Linksys E2000 with DD-WRT has that option available in Wireless Mode and was simple to setup. I'm trying to do the same for my parents with two of these Rosewill routers, it just seems to be different and a little more involved.

DaRealPencil said:   i just followed directions on this link and mine worked fine...

link

Do you mind me asking which one of the MANY links on that page?

Thanks!

its the 2nd or 3rd post from the beginning...which has this in it...

Here is where I downloaded the files.
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/07-20-12-r19519/rosewill-rnx-n150rt/

Here is a list of other builds, but I chose the newest without the -testing suffix just because I figured it might be more stable.
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/

Here were my steps:
1) download both files
2) 30/30/30 reset
3) flash the factory-to-ddwrt file
4) 30/30/30 reset
5) flash the -webflash file
6) 30/30/30 reset
7) setup and enjoy

DaRealPencil -- thanks a ton, as my efforts so far have gone nowhere!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.