• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is similar to the $449 deal mentioned here (link).

But the hard disk drive has doubled from 1TB to 2TB and the video card Nvidia GeoForce 1GB GT620 has been added. (Well worth the extra $50, IMO.)

•PROCESSOR _ 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3330 processor (up to 3.20 GHz)
•MONITOR _ No Monitor
•MEMORY _ 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz - 2 DIMMs
•HARD DRIVE _ 2TB Hard Drive, 3.5", 7200rpm, SATA
•VIDEO CARD _ Nvidia GeForce 1GB DDR3 GT620
•OPTICAL DRIVE _ DVD+/-RW Tray Load Drive, 16X, SATA
•WIRELESS _ Dell DW1506 (802.11 b/g/n) WLAN half mini-Card
•Network Card Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
•SYSTEM COLOR _ Inspiron 660 Chassis, MT, Black w/8:1 media card reader
•KEYBOARD _ Dell KB113 USB Wired Entry Keyboard - US
•MOUSE _ Dell USB Optical Mouse MS111
•SOUND CARD _ Integrated 5.1 audio
•PORTS _ (4 each) USB 2.0, (4 each) USB 3.0
•POWER _ 300W
•SPEAKERS _ No speakers
•OPERATING SYSTEM _ Windows 8, 64-bit, English edit
•PRODUCTIVITY SOFTWARE _ Microsoft® Office trial

PRICE _ $699.99
INSTANT DISCOUNT _ - $200
NET COST _ $499.99

FREE SHIPPING

Link to Dell 660 Deal

EDIT: PRICE REDUCED, NOW ONLY $449.99!!!

Technical information: Dell Inspiron 660 Owner's Manual

=================================================================================

And you can save a bit more (bonus gift card) by purchasing Dell eGift cards. Link to Dell eGift Cards
Purchase Amount → Bonus
$300 → $50.00
$400 → $75.00
$500 → $90.00

By using the $400 eGift card + $75 bonus eGift card, that would bring the net cost of this deal to $375!
(Actual out-of-pocket expense = $400 with residual $25 gift card = net $375.)

EDIT: Sign up for Dell's Advantage Loyalty Program for an additional 10% off (about $45-worth). Coupled with the $75 bonus eGift card, that brings this deal down to about $330!!
(Actual out-of-pocket expense = $400 with residual $70 in gift cards = net $330.)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
From Dell's site:
When/How do I get my 5% Dell promo egift card* after I purchase using my Dell Advantage account?
You wil... (more)

WolfZombie (Jan. 16, 2013 @ 3:14p) |

I got a $50 refund after complaining about the delay. Actually getting the refund is like pulling teeth, though.

amejr999 (Jan. 22, 2013 @ 2:26p) |

Finally got my $45 today. This was a great deal. The computer is already streaming movies all over my house

KidKeller (Jan. 24, 2013 @ 6:43p) |

The "buy a $400 gift card, get a free bonus $75 gift card" portion of this deal ends on 12/28.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell

it was 449 earlier today. I should have jumped this morning but I was too busy. Now its 50 more. Im hoping some nice specials will come after dec 25 when business grinds to a halt.

Can't seem to get this deal. DO you have to be a member of some group ?

Nevermind. Site seems to be down.

The original link seems to have been broken. Try this one instead (cut and paste it into your browser):

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=fddost12h&model_id=inspiron-660&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&&dgc=CJ&cid=24471&lid=566643&acd=10550055-4485850-RIQ4JkuLEeKsagLjBHCCfwAL.1_cvcM3_0_0_0

EDIT: Corrected link. (again!)

golfrt1 said:   The original link seems to have been broken. Try this one instead (cut and paste it into your browser):

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=fddwrt6h&m...

This link takes me to a 660 with 2nd gen i3 not 3rd gen i5 as in the first post

The link shown by ecomajor takes you to a smaller form factor 660 with i5

if you buy the Dell gift card with the intent of using the bonus gift card Dell gives you, don't. you can't use the two together to make your purchase.

of course they don't tell you this until you are trying to check out. so pissed right now waiting on hold 20 minutes so far to get this giftcard returned.

Bones302 said:   if you buy the Dell gift card with the intent of using the bonus gift card Dell gives you, don't. you can't use the two together to make your purchase.

of course they don't tell you this until you are trying to check out. so pissed right now waiting on hold 20 minutes so far to get this giftcard returned.

In order to use both gift cards, you need to call or chat. It won't work online.

It's best if you sign up for the Dell Advantage Loyalty Program, log in to your account at Dell.com, add this deal into your cart, go to checkout, then call or chat to complete your order. The sales rep can then assist you by retrieving your cart online. Saves him the time of trying to figure out your order.

Note: The sales rep can process three forms of payment with your order. That could be 3 gift cards or 2 gift cards + 1 credit card.

So, if you're like me and tried to pay using 3 gift cards plus a few leftover dollars with a credit card, you'll need to consolidate at least a couple of the gift cards beforehand. Gift cards are easily combinable (takes less than 5 minutes) at the following website:

http://buygconline.com/consolidation/index.aspx

Unfortunately, you'll lose out on any CashBack (like Fatwallet or Mr. Rebate) by doing a phone order or a chat line order. But the 10% gift card rebate from the Dell Advantage Program helps ease the pain.

Bones302 said:   if you buy the Dell gift card with the intent of using the bonus gift card Dell gives you, don't. you can't use the two together to make your purchase.

That's strange. I just placed an order, albeit through a chat agent, and I was able to use both no problem. Sorry you're running into a hard time.

Are we supposed to see "Dell Advantage Loyalty Program" as one item on the order list of confirmation email, or under "Order Status" on Dell.com?

I applied Dell Advantage Loyalty Program benefit during order process, and it showed as 1 item in My Cart. However, I don't see it in my confirmation email or Order Status...

I picked up the advertised deal with the following options:

$431.23 _ Dell 660*
$168.99 _ Dell 23" monitor, S2344L
$49.00 _ Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Adobe Premiere Elements 10
$34.99 _ Dell wireless keyboard/mouse

$28.50 _ Tax
$712.71 _ Total

*Note: I had to make the purchase via chat line because the check out had a glitch and wouldn't give me the free shipping. The chat line rep gave me a small discount on the price of the Dell 660 to offset my losing out on the Mr. Rebates 5% discount.

=============================================================

By my reckoning, including all discounts and rebates, my bottom line out-of-pocket expenses for this deal will be about $445.

$650 Dell eGift cards => purchase cost $450 on Dell/AMEX (expired) deal
$50 Dell eGift card => valued at $42 (84% of face value)
$12.71 credit card payment => $12.71
$0.00 => credit $59.87 (84% of face value for $71.27 Dell eGift card for 10% Dell Advantage member rebate)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$712.71 => $444.84 net cost

IF.... the online checkout had worked properly, I would have gotten the Mr. Rebates 5% rebate and saved another $20.

IF... I had used the Mr. Rebates to make the original Dell eGift card purchase (like I did with subsequent Dell eGift card purchases), then I would have saved another $30.

So, theoretically, my net cost should have been about $395. That would have been a smokin' deal!

Oh well, I guess I shouldn't complain. $445 is still a pretty good deal for what I ordered (Dell 660 with 3rd gen i5, 23" monitor, wireless keyboard/mouse, plus Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Adobe Premiere Elements 10).

wthsu said:   Are we supposed to see "Dell Advantage Loyalty Program" as one item on the order list of confirmation email, or under "Order Status" on Dell.com?

I applied Dell Advantage Loyalty Program benefit during order process, and it showed as 1 item in My Cart. However, I don't see it in my confirmation email or Order Status...

Ditto.

In my cart, the following item appeared:
A5750525 Your Dell Advantage benefits have been applied and $1 discounted from your primary order. $1.00

However, it doesn't show on my confirmation email nor in my order status.

I'm pretty sure that my order processed with the Dell Advantage Loyalty Program rebate. If not, I've got documentation (chat line log) to prove that the purchase was being done through that program.

These Dells have a PCI express slot. That said, the hard drive bay blocks a card longer than ~9.75".

Awesome deal! Green to OP.

Ordered one via chat. After all the discounts and Advantage Loyalty eGift Card, final price was about $363 (including tax).

How do i get 10% Dell loyalty egift card? Do i need to buy egift card first tog get 10# loyalty gift card?

Great deal! specially with all the gift cards and loyalty program

Dell pulled the plug on this deal. Sorry.

===============================================

EDIT: Back on line again!!!

Must have been a temporary glitch in the system.

This is a fantastic deal, but god forbid you need Dell help or support. Last time I ordered a desktop for work (the boss insisted on a Dell), it was a telephone hell of bad connections, people who barely spoke English, and total confusion and chaos. I noted to my boss that the time spent on the phone with Dell was costing him more than the desktop itself.

Thanks, just started looking for a new PC for my parents so this came at the perfect time. Mine came to $485 after tax and I used the $400 gift card promo so basically got it for $410 - great price for this IMO.

PS. I had to call Dell to place my order because online it would not let me use more than one gift card but the rep took both of them over the phone no problem, in case anyone else has trouble.

Dell is saying that the 10% Advantage Discount is sent as an ecard later? How did you guys have it applied at check out

Dell is saying that the 10% Advantage Discount is sent as an ecard later? How did you guys have it applied at check out

Purchase Amount → Bonus
$300 → $50.00
$400 → $75.00
$500 → $90.00

thaiicon said:   Dell is saying that the 10% Advantage Discount is sent as an ecard later? How did you guys have it applied at check out

Purchase Amount → Bonus
$300 → $50.00
$400 → $75.00
$500 → $90.00

I heard previously that It might take a day or 2 to receive

How are you all getting the additional discount off the original order? i cant figure out for the life of me!

Edit: Figured out how to get the deal, in for 1, ty!

This is by far the best desktop deal I have found in months of looking. I bit and got it done easily after instituting chat to use both the $400 gift card and $75 ecard.

Total was:
Computer - $441.99 (not sure why it was this number and not 449)
S&H - $0
Tax - $34.98
TOTAL - 476.97
Minus $75 bonus ecard - 401.97
(Minus future 10% ecard - $357.77)

So for 401.97 I got a $44 ecard and a computer that is as good as any I was looking for at $500+

Also - my delivery date is Jan 9th so not good for a last minute christmas gift for anyone but yourself....

Thanks, just did this deal through chat. FYI the online chat took like 40 minutes vs 1 minute just buying online. Worth it though to be able to combine the gift card and promo gift card.

did you guys buy the gift card yourself and then placed order thru the chat?
I ordered the gift card 7 hours back, the order is still in progress.. not sure when I will get the gift card? to place the order!

Yes, I too ordered gift cards early this morning and they took a while to process. Just got finished with chat.

Thanks OP.

fatballet said:   did you guys buy the gift card yourself and then placed order thru the chat?
I ordered the gift card 7 hours back, the order is still in progress.. not sure when I will get the gift card? to place the order!

Excellent deal. I bit and it's coming Jan 9th. Props to the OP!

can anyone comment on using this as a gaming computer? gaming isn't my thing, but my son is interested and wants to know if this will run most games with out issue. thanks

Now that I am ordering gift card, it does not says $400 + $75. How do I find out if I am getting $75 gift card or not?
Thanks
VV

The promotion should still be valid. I just checked out with the $400 amount and received it. I noticed a small ad on the page where you enter the gift card amount that states the deal. It should arrive immediately after check-out as well.

Just ordered mine. Total came to $480.23 before any discounts were applied. Used both gift cards via chat and applied the Dell Advantage free shipping and 10% gift card bonus.
$480.23
- 75.00 (gift card bonus)
- 44.99 (Dell Advantage)
-------
$360.24

Probably could have gotten a few more bucks back through FW CashBack, but I'm pretty sure I screwed up that process when I called to chat with only having the items added to the cart instead of already being in the checkout process.

Also, they have had enough volume on this that my delivery date was not until mid January.

Came in at $416 shipped for me w/o the 10% Advantage.

ths picture of the desktop is wrong, it is showing 660s' picture.

660 is bigger

Thanks, just ordered one using $400 GC + $75 promo GC. Applied Dell Advantage for 10% back as well. Also mentioned Mr Rebates or FatWallet CashBack and CSR applied an additional 2% to order since 3rd party CashBack would not apply. Total came to $441.09 (no sales tax in my state).

Total Cash = $400
Remaining GC/Promo GC (after Dell Advantage gets here) = $78
"Virtual" Cost = $322

Can you use a gift card to purchase an egift card. I dont see any restrictions listed but I wonder.

Just ordered 2! Thanks!

Thanks OP for turning me on to this deal...the parents were overdue for their once-in-a-decade upgrade. As previous posters have noted, buying the $400 GC and getting the bonus $75 GC really makes this a great deal, and I was able to use both gift cards by ordering via chat.
2 warnings:
1) be prepared to sit in chat for roughly 30 minutes, and
2) be prepared for the chat person to try to sell you an extended warranty, a monitor, additional software, etc, etc, etc.

BTW -- according to the website, the "Buy a $400 gift card, get a $75 bonus gift card" promo ends TONIGHT -- December 28th.

Skipping 13 Messages...
Finally got my $45 today. This was a great deal. The computer is already streaming movies all over my house

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014