• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://coupons.paypal.com/offer_landing_pages/landingPage/LP-13...

Merchant Terms
Offer available while supplies last. Offer expires 12/31/2012 at 11:59 PM (EST). The Home Depot and The Home Depot logo are trademarks of the Homer TLC, Inc., used under license.This offer cannot be combined with any other discount, offer, promotion or special incentive program. Offer good only in the United States. Other restrictions may apply.

PayPal Terms
Promotional Offer. Offer may not be available when network connectivity between the merchant and PayPal is unavailable. Promotional offers will be applied after sales tax has been added. Subject to merchant terms.

MORE STORES TO CHOOSE FROM

https://www.paypal-promo.com/msb/landing610265430b/?mpch=ads&mpl...

Home Depot
See Home Depot discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

The Home Depot (381.50kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I switched to CC for first method and will try again today.

As far as eBay, having my checking account as first payment ... (more)

jimates (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 12:09a) |

I have Sprint, actual Sprint, not a user of the Sprint network like Republic (some sort of problem with short numbers) a... (more)

pprogram (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 12:09a) |

Called Paypal today and they credited my account $10 for the DG issue.

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 5:44p) |

"How do I use PayPal before my "Pay in Store" card arrives (2 to 3 weeks)"
"Can't I just use the credit card I registered to my PayPal account at check out"

This isn't like other programs where using your credit card triggers the system to give you credits.
At check out you must choose PayPal as the form of payment.

PayPal's "Pay in Store" program gives you two options for paying.
1 - Swipe your "Pay in Store" card and enter your pin number
2 - Enter your registered phone number and your pin number

PayPal then processes the transaction and automatically applies any valid coupons or promos that you have in your PayPal account. The final amount of the transaction is then charged to your credit card by PayPal, not the merchant.

You must register a mobile number in order to use "Pay in Store" without having your "Pay in Store" card present.

NOTE: My personal experience. I had my checking account as the first form of payment, the transactions was declined at the point of sale. I changed my first method of payment to the credit card and went back to the store, the transaction was approved and the credit was applied to the final transaction.

Cool! Thanks OP

For the deluge of questions coming, please read the following threads... the answers are there.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1238898/

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1238848/

These deals are awesome. The last two worked perfectly!

thanks OP. found out after spending 30+ minutes on the phone last time, I have to have a cc attached to the in-store pay as well, not just a bank account. PayPal did end up just crediting me the $15 into my account. thankful for that, but I would have rather them have a nice big warning on my account saying it wasn't ready.

There terms are not very clear, is this a one time only? or can it be used over and over again? Since I have a few things to purchase that would help if I could break them up into $30 purchases and receive $10 for each?

keaton85 said:   There terms are not very clear, is this a one time only? or can it be used over and over again? Since I have a few things to purchase that would help if I could break them up into $30 purchases and receive $10 for each?

Yes, one time only. Coupon will disappear if it was applied to your purchase.

Damn, not valid for my Paypal business accounts. Has to be personal type.

Sorry, in-store checkout is not available yet for business accounts. We hope you'll check back soon, and thanks for your patience!

nice

Today is the last day to use your $10 off $50 at toys-r-us

Warning for people: don't use the coupon and return part of your purchase. I bought a bunch of stuff at Home Depot where the total came up to $70 (plus tax). I used the $10 off $50 coupon. I decided to return something for $11. Paypal ended up refunding me $1. -$11 for the refund, +$10 because the coupon is now invalid. So it was not worth it for me to return the item even though the total for my purchase is still above $50. I'm trying to contact paypal, but so far they aren't responsive.

Just a warning, return all or return none. Returning part of your purchase will probably invalidate your coupon.

ohmic314 said:   Warning for people: don't use the coupon and return part of your purchase. I bought a bunch of stuff at Home Depot where the total came up to $70 (plus tax). I used the $10 off $50 coupon. I decided to return something for $11. Paypal ended up refunding me $1. -$11 for the refund, +$10 because the coupon is now invalid. So it was not worth it for me to return the item even though the total for my purchase is still above $50. I'm trying to contact paypal, but so far they aren't responsive.

Just a warning, return all or return none. Returning part of your purchase will probably invalidate your coupon.

chill!!!

just have them put your return on a merchandise credit, don't have them process it thru paypal. worked for me last go round.

ohmic314 said:   Warning for people: don't use the coupon and return part of your purchase. I bought a bunch of stuff at Home Depot where the total came up to $70 (plus tax). I used the $10 off $50 coupon. I decided to return something for $11. Paypal ended up refunding me $1. -$11 for the refund, +$10 because the coupon is now invalid. So it was not worth it for me to return the item even though the total for my purchase is still above $50. I'm trying to contact paypal, but so far they aren't responsive.

Even more reason to buy gift cards. I did this the last time, then waited for another sale offer (I used an Ace Hardware $ off coupon) to maximize my discount. Even if you don't have another offer, just buy gift cards, they'll give you back a refund on a gift card at full value of the item.

Good information to know- thanks. Another reason for me to buy a gift certificate with these deals.

Must be my carrier (T-Mo prepaid), but I've requested the registration code twice, and still have not received the conf. code after an hour+ to register my mobile number.

MISTERCHEAP said:   ohmic314 said:   Warning for people: don't use the coupon and return part of your purchase. I bought a bunch of stuff at Home Depot where the total came up to $70 (plus tax). I used the $10 off $50 coupon. I decided to return something for $11. Paypal ended up refunding me $1. -$11 for the refund, +$10 because the coupon is now invalid. So it was not worth it for me to return the item even though the total for my purchase is still above $50. I'm trying to contact paypal, but so far they aren't responsive.

chill!!!

just have them put your return on a merchandise credit, don't have them process it thru paypal. worked for me last go round.

Thanks for the tip! Last time $5 off $25 coupon was a bummer to me, returned one of the item and got the whole $5 credit reversed. I was so pissed and then returned all of the rest of the items in that transaction. Eat that paypal!

dimsumkid said:   ohmic314 said:   Warning for people: don't use the coupon and return part of your purchase. I bought a bunch of stuff at Home Depot where the total came up to $70 (plus tax). I used the $10 off $50 coupon. I decided to return something for $11. Paypal ended up refunding me $1. -$11 for the refund, +$10 because the coupon is now invalid. So it was not worth it for me to return the item even though the total for my purchase is still above $50. I'm trying to contact paypal, but so far they aren't responsive.

Even more reason to buy gift cards. I did this the last time, then waited for another sale offer (I used an Ace Hardware $ off coupon) to maximize my discount. Even if you don't have another offer, just buy gift cards, they'll give you back a refund on a gift card at full value of the item.

Last time I tried Paypal blocked the gift card purchase on the POS 'card not authorized', I called Paypal and they said it's categorized as 'delay payment' and block it. Was too lazy/too much hassle to argue with the rep. for mere $5, just gave up and bought some actual stuff.

megaAJ said:   
Last time I tried Paypal blocked the gift card purchase on the POS 'card not authorized', I called Paypal and they said it's categorized as 'delay payment' and block it. Was too lazy/too much hassle to argue with the rep. for mere $5, just gave up and bought some actual stuff.

I'm not sure why your account got blocked, it hasn't happened to me yet. I was grabbing up a bunch of the gift cards that played music for the cheap cell(3) button batteries for my kid's cheap toys. I figure since I'm getting them anyway, might as well get the batteries free too.

MeIsCheap said:   thanks OP. found out after spending 30+ minutes on the phone last time, I have to have a cc attached to the in-store pay as well, not just a bank account. PayPal did end up just crediting me the $15 into my account. thankful for that, but I would have rather them have a nice big warning on my account saying it wasn't ready.

Are you saying you must have both BANK account and CREDIT CARD attached to PayPal for this to work? I thought only Credit Card is required.

Do you actually have to have money in your PayPal account or will it pull from the CC tied to your PP account? As a general rule of thumb, I don't leave any money in my account.

If you shop often at Home Depot in this case (or any other store with the coupon offer)
just return without a receipt & get a gift card for the returned item.

TDSAX said:   Do you actually have to have money in your PayPal account or will it pull from the CC tied to your PP account? As a general rule of thumb, I don't leave any money in my account.
You can set up your account preferences to use a CC as your preferred payment method.

unicornsrs67 said:   ohmic314 said:   Warning for people: don't use the coupon and return part of your purchase. I bought a bunch of stuff at Home Depot where the total came up to $70 (plus tax). I used the $10 off $50 coupon. I decided to return something for $11. Paypal ended up refunding me $1. -$11 for the refund, +$10 because the coupon is now invalid. So it was not worth it for me to return the item even though the total for my purchase is still above $50. I'm trying to contact paypal, but so far they aren't responsive.

If you shop often at Home Depot in this case (or any other store with the coupon offer)
just return without a receipt & get a gift card for the returned item.

not a good idea. they swipe your drivers license at Home Depot for non-receipt returns and it counts against you.

Oh good another one. Going to do this tonight. For some reason the paypal site wouldn't work with Firefox. I had to use IE to get to my payment settings.

you can only choose one of the 4 offers. choose wisely. which pill will you choose?

Only if you are an a no receipt returner abuser.

bought a $75 gift card and got the credit (Home Depot)

ValisX1J said:   Damn, not valid for my Paypal business accounts. Has to be personal type.

Do I have to go through the 3 step process involving texting and a pin?

Can't I just use my Pay Pal debit card in the store?

thx op

loving the paypal deals with gift cards

I read in another thread that if you link a Discover CC to the Paypal account, the purchase is treated as online purchase and gets the current 5% CB. Someone please verify if this works.

Flipit said:   ValisX1J said:   Damn, not valid for my Paypal business accounts. Has to be personal type.

Do I have to go through the 3 step process involving texting and a pin?

Can't I just use my Pay Pal debit card in the store?

No, you don't use your paypal debit card at all. You still have to do the 3 step process to set this up. Your paypal debit card should be considered a payment source (same as your bank acct or credit card). You're actually signing up for paypal "pay in store" option and you need the pin# to use a cell phone or a "pay in store" card which will be mailed to you. When checking out, you won't use your debit card. Just select paypal in store option, enter your cell # or swipe your paypal "pay in store" card and pin#. Wait a 2-5 minutes, then login to your paypal acct and confirm the coupon was applied.

tedteddy said:   I read in another thread that if you link a Discover CC to the Paypal account, the purchase is treated as online purchase and gets the current 5% CB. Someone please verify if this works.PayPal charges qualify for 5% CashBack under Discover's current promotion.

RonR said:   tedteddy said:   I read in another thread that if you link a Discover CC to the Paypal account, the purchase is treated as online purchase and gets the current 5% CB. Someone please verify if this works.PayPal charges qualify for 5% CashBack under Discover's current promotion.

But how do you get Paypal to use your Discover instead of a linked bank account when making an in-store purchase with mobile number and PIN?

Thanks OP!

PS: Using Chrome the first link didn't work for me (everything seemed like it worked but I got an error after logging in to PayPal)... after clearing PayPal cookies the second link redirected me to the page at the first link and then it worked... but no deal was listed under my PayPal account (which I checked after logging in from the first link) and PayPal has yet to respond to my question regarding why promotions (e.g. Jamba Juice) aren't showing up even though I signed up for the in-store payment card.

69ragtop said:   RonR said:   tedteddy said:   I read in another thread that if you link a Discover CC to the Paypal account, the purchase is treated as online purchase and gets the current 5% CB. Someone please verify if this works.PayPal charges qualify for 5% CashBack under Discover's current promotion.

But how do you get Paypal to use your Discover instead of a linked bank account when making an in-store purchase with mobile number and PIN?

Go to paypal, settings, payment preferences, in store checkout, payment methods.

Anyone confirm this can be used with $5 off $25 coupon on register tape to be used on a Sat at Dollar General?

Skipping 109 Messages...
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Loaded HD and DG coupons to my account on 12/21.

Bought $30 at HD on 12/24 ... was charged $20 by Paypal.
Bought $30.03 at DG on 12/28 ... was charged $30.03 by Paypal.

Looks like I got caught in the DG / Paypal "glitch" web.
Called Paypal today and they credited my account $10 for the DG issue.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014