• Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
FrugalFreak said:   Anyone confirm this can be used with $5 off $25 coupon on register tape to be used on a Sat at Dollar General?

yes, but your total spend AFTER COUPONS must still be $30+ to use this offer. the Paypal offer has nothing to do with coupons used on the order, you just have to hit the required spend on one order (in this case, $30)

in again last time would not take my pin.

It is SO WORTH checking FatWallet every day for these great deals. I'm doing a house rehab project so I'm definitely a Home Depot spender. Thanks, Mr. Cheap, esq.

do not return anything or they will do a credit reversal and take the $10 credit away. I was in the last $10 off $75, and I returned one thing around $11. They took away the $10 and only refunded the $1 to my paypal account.

MISTERCHEAP said:   not a good idea. they swipe your drivers license at Home Depot for non-receipt returns and it counts against you.

True, also, the amount returned will be the lowest price the item ever sold for.

The return value dips down so low I think even manual markdowns are even recorded.

No receipt is a risky idea.

Thanks OP. In for one at HomeDepot.

ureach888 said:   MeIsCheap said:   thanks OP. found out after spending 30+ minutes on the phone last time, I have to have a cc attached to the in-store pay as well, not just a bank account. PayPal did end up just crediting me the $15 into my account. thankful for that, but I would have rather them have a nice big warning on my account saying it wasn't ready.

Are you saying you must have both BANK account and CREDIT CARD attached to PayPal for this to work? I thought only Credit Card is required.

Yes. I only had the bank account. I made sure before I left that day I knew my pin and made sure the coupons were in my account. Tried multiple times but was declined each time. Been a while since I had used PayPal and the associated cc was expired. I really don't want to give them another cc #, but if I must (i trust them, but i don't trust them. look at those fleabay fees)

I signed up and card will be sent in 1-2 weeks. Offer expires on 31 Dec. How do I use my cell phone and pin to pay at HD? I think the clerk will look at me like a cow looking at a new gate(?)

jeffc said:   I signed up and card will be sent in 1-2 weeks. Offer expires on 31 Dec. How do I use my cell phone and pin to pay at HD? I think the clerk will look at me like a cow looking at a new gate(?)

Here's how..
Paypal@HD
Hope this helps..

I had a similar problem with a more generic HD coupon (not through PayPal), it was like $5 off $50. I spent, say, about $70, and my receipt calculated each item as a certain percentage off (like 5/70, or about 7%), actually clearly showing 'max refund value'. I then returned a $10 (original price) item, notice still keeping the total purchase above $50. But, my refund was only about $9.30.

I wasn't sure at the time how to deal with that, I wasn't going to fuss over 70, I guess I should consider myself lucky that it didn't kill the whole $5.

Maybe a store credit? I think one option would be to try accumulating items you are sure you will not return to reach the $50, then buy the remainder separately. Like here if I wasn't sure of the $10 item, do that separately. Of course, this isn't always easy or possible.

buckaroo987 said:   jeffc said:   I signed up and card will be sent in 1-2 weeks. Offer expires on 31 Dec. How do I use my cell phone and pin to pay at HD? I think the clerk will look at me like a cow looking at a new gate(?)

Here's how..
Paypal@HD
Hope this helps..

Thanks!

good deal OP

Only one of the four stores can be selected and added to acct for coupons? Or all four can be added?

You don't need to select a store...it is good at all HD locations.

Meh. Too much work.

shunja said:   Meh. Too much work.
you need to set it up once, i don't need the card to check out, just tell them that you want to pay by paypal, enter your registered phone number and then pin, that's it, better than 10% coupon if you don't buy any big items

I've bought several stuff at Home Depot since paypal was accepted. Its easy

At self checkout there will be a big paypal button which you can check out and enter your cell phone number + PIN or slide your card they send you and PIN.
Similarly on regular checkout there was a button 'pay with paypal'.

Got $10 off before on an earlier offer, will be back to get another $10. Moving soon so using this for moving supplies that I ain't returning (apparently returns are a pain the way Paypal calculates them).

Thanks for sharing, and yes, you can only pick ONE of the retailers to get an offer from.

pitflyer said:   I've bought several stuff at Home Depot since paypal was accepted. Its easy

At self checkout there will be a big paypal button which you can check out and enter your cell phone number + PIN or slide your card they send you and PIN.
Similarly on regular checkout there was a button 'pay with paypal'.

Got $10 off before on an earlier offer, will be back to get another $10. Moving soon so using this for moving supplies that I ain't returning (apparently returns are a pain the way Paypal calculates them).

Thanks for sharing, and yes, you can only pick ONE of the retailers to get an offer from.[/Q]

!

NO!! you can get both DG and HD.

in the OP, first click on the HD specific link and add that coupon.

then go to the general Paypal link in OP and do the choose one (DG). you'll find both are added to your account. Worked for me.

Is anyone having trouble with these credits applying? In November the first promotion I did applied immediately to my purchases. But the last three, the $5/25, $10/50 and this $10/30 have not applied. The latest one, when I called Customer Service they are telling me 6-8 weeks from post date to apply.

FullTimeDad said:   Is anyone having trouble with these credits applying? In November the first promotion I did applied immediately to my purchases. But the last three, the $5/25, $10/50 and this $10/30 have not applied. The latest one, when I called Customer Service they are telling me 6-8 weeks from post date to apply.

no, all mine were instant, in fact, I've usually gotten a text message from them immediately after saying the credit was earned.

It was easy as eating apple pie! $15 in freebies

Bought an HD $30 gift card. Worked like a champ. Thanks OP and others for the information!

what happened? I have a paypal linked to a credit card, it got denied at HomeDepot, unable to take charge from that linked credit card in paypal

ProfQuill said:   I had a similar problem with a more generic HD coupon (not through PayPal), it was like $5 off $50. I spent, say, about $70, and my receipt calculated each item as a certain percentage off (like 5/70, or about 7%), actually clearly showing 'max refund value'. I then returned a $10 (original price) item, notice still keeping the total purchase above $50. But, my refund was only about $9.30.

I wasn't sure at the time how to deal with that, I wasn't going to fuss over 70, I guess I should consider myself lucky that it didn't kill the whole $5.

Maybe a store credit? I think one option would be to try accumulating items you are sure you will not return to reach the $50, then buy the remainder separately. Like here if I wasn't sure of the $10 item, do that separately. Of course, this isn't always easy or possible.

that is how they apply all in-store discounts are applied there, unless the it is for a specific item. if you use a % off or a $dollar off coupon, it is divided up between all items proportionately. So if you bought 2 things, one being $40 the other $20, the $40 dollar item will have twice the amount off (for a $dollar off coupon) than the $20 item.

ciber said:   what happened? I have a paypal linked to a credit card, it got denied at HomeDepot, unable to take charge from that linked credit card in paypal

Might be similar to my problem I mentioned earlier in the thread. You have to have a CC & bank account linked. I only had one, though from all indications I was all set with the PayPal in store until I was declined over & over at the register. Called in and wasted 30 minutes, to finally find out it was more than the bank account i needed.

MISTERCHEAP said:   

then go to the general Paypal link in OP and do the choose one (DG). you'll find both are added to your account. Worked for me.

Didn't work for me, but I didn't realize to add the HD one first and then try the 'choice' one to chose DG. Started with the choice one, so probably now locked my choice as the HD one.

pitflyer said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   

Didn't work for me, but I didn't realize to add the HD one first and then try the 'choice' one to chose DG. Started with the choice one, so probably now locked my choice as the HD one.

that could be. Luckily, I used the paypal specific link for HD, then the "choose one" link for DG. Got both that way.

Anyone else having a problem registering a mobile number? I have thrice requested the setup code to be texted, and I've not received it. Sent an inquiry to them, awaiting a reply.

yoregano said:   Must be my carrier (T-Mo prepaid), but I've requested the registration code twice, and still have not received the conf. code after an hour+ to register my mobile number.Do you have any text/email blocking filters enabled?

yoregano said:   Anyone else having a problem registering a mobile number? I have thrice requested the setup code to be texted, and I've not received it. Sent an inquiry to them, awaiting a reply.

Yes, I tried a TracPhone and google voice w/no luck. I was able to use a Virgin Mobile phone to confirm. Try someone else's phone if possible, I was told by paypal that the top 4 providers should work (I know Att and Verizon were mentioned). If all else fails, wait for the card to be mailed to you, but that takes at least 4-5 days. You may have better luck calling paypal since they have a specialized dept that deals only with in store payment help.
You may want to try IE browser too, I was using Chrome to reset my PIN and it kept spinning. Went to IE and it worked fine.

Ok, I applied for this discount. The discount card can take up to 2 weeks to get here. It expires on Dec 31, 2012 so there is a chance I'll receive it too late. Was there a way for me to have it just added to my paypal account so that I could use it now? And, if so, can I change this in preferences somewhere to cancel the card being mailed?

pay by phone number and pin

MISTERCHEAP said:   pitflyer said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   

that could be. Luckily, I used the paypal specific link for HD, then the "choose one" link for DG. Got both that way.
I got both offers. I did the DG coupon first, set up my account for in store payment. Then read that both may work, I clicked the HD offer and it added it to my account also.

fiddles said:   Ok, I applied for this discount. The discount card can take up to 2 weeks to get here. It expires on Dec 31, 2012 so there is a chance I'll receive it too late. Was there a way for me to have it just added to my paypal account so that I could use it now? And, if so, can I change this in preferences somewhere to cancel the card being mailed?The card is mailed to you. To use in store payment prior to receiving your card you use your mobile number and pin. Even after you receive the card you can continue to use your mobile number.

dimsumkid said:   yoregano said:   Anyone else having a problem registering a mobile number? I have thrice requested the setup code to be texted, and I've not received it. Sent an inquiry to them, awaiting a reply.

Yes, I tried a TracPhone and google voice w/no luck. I was able to use a Virgin Mobile phone to confirm. Try someone else's phone if possible, I was told by paypal that the top 4 providers should work (I know Att and Verizon were mentioned). If all else fails, wait for the card to be mailed to you, but that takes at least 4-5 days. You may have better luck calling paypal since they have a specialized dept that deals only with in store payment help.
You may want to try IE browser too, I was using Chrome to reset my PIN and it kept spinning. Went to IE and it worked fine.

I've got tracfone, it worked.

What a nightmare at Dollar General. Card was declined 3 times when checking out. Called Paypal support phone# on the card and they're pretty clueless about their own processes, they don't know what the paypal "pay in store" option is. Had to call Paypal 4 times (30 mins) to get to the right dept, got hung up on, the wrong dept 3 times (mobile dept 2x & cash card dept) and finally the pay in store dept. No record of any declines on my card, they tried to blame Dollar General for no connection and suggested I buy w/another credit card and fax/email my receipt so I can get my $10 paypal credit. I can't believe there was a connectivity problem since the cc processed w/o a problem. Went to Home Depot and did 2 transactions w/o a hitch. They really need to have better the correct customer support people manning that phone number on the back of the card when you call until they get the kinks out.

got 2x25 Amazon GCs at DG - paypal deducted only 40.
used the payment terminal with my phone number and pin.

FrugalFreak said:   dimsumkid said:   yoregano said:   Anyone else having a problem registering a mobile number? I have thrice requested the setup code to be texted, and I've not received it. Sent an inquiry to them, awaiting a reply.

I've got tracfone, it worked.

I'm not sure why some phones work and some don't from the same provider. If I could get the tracfone to work (I've tried to verify it over 10x now changing browsers too), then I could use the cell# to pay in store. Since I only have the one cell# to confirm, we have to use payment cards only to pay in store.

It was pretty much a disaster when I tried using it at DG to buy gas cards but I think it was the system that activates the gas cards that was the problem. My paypal purchase was approved and was taken out of my account but my DG receipt said that I was supposed to get an immediate refund. The same thing happened to someone who bought a prepaid minutes gift card with cash in the next lane over. Oh well, I made $10 on the deal since they had to refund the money to me right there in the store.

Thanks alot!..my first go round (as it was the cashiers) and I thought I had followed all steps correctly by registering my Discovercard as my preferred payment method @ Paypal yesterday..I selected Paypal frm the screen, swiped my card...uh oh....card not approved....tried again, this time using my mobile phone & pin # and voila...seamless..used my $5 off coupon and when I went home Paypal had sent me an email saying I'd saved another $10....big green o.p.!

Anyone have two paypal accounts (from back when you could have a "free" personal one and a second personal one that could accept credit cards) and try it on both? Did you just use a second mobile number? Anyone get google voice to work?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.