• Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
dimsumkid said:   FrugalFreak said:   I've got tracfone, it worked.I'm not sure why some phones work and some don't from the same provider. If I could get the tracfone to work (I've tried to verify it over 10x now changing browsers too), then I could use the cell# to pay in store. Since I only have the one cell# to confirm, we have to use payment cards only to pay in store.Tracfone has different underlying carriers ... depends on phone model and region.

Thanks Mr.C

Really, Thanks Mistercheap for all you post here...seriously, you've helped a lot of people save tons of cash, and it is greatly appreciated.

Leftcoast said:   Really, Thanks Mistercheap for all you post here...seriously, you've helped a lot of people save tons of cash, and it is greatly appreciated.

Happy To Help!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

I unfortunately did Home Depot first as well, and cannot get Dollar General to load. Is there any way to "reverse-engineer"this to provide a fix so I can also add Dollar General? I was just informed that I'll be driving someone there later today!

Leftcoast said:   I unfortunately did Home Depot first as well, and cannot get Dollar General to load. Is there any way to "reverse-engineer"this to provide a fix so I can also add Dollar General? I was just informed that I'll be driving someone there later today!

OK, I think I finally got it to work. Use this link and pick Dollar General, then add it...done. Hopefully this updates to the PP account, but so far just HD coupon is there (automatically added). Does it take a while fr the DG deal to show up on PP acct?

wiredspider said:   Try this

DollarGeneral

My link didn't work, but this one did! Awesome, and thanks!

I reviewed the entire post but still had a few questions on how this work.

Register on PayPal site (2 options - register card and register phone). I registered card. It says I'll receive the card in 2-3 weeks?

Can't I use my Credit card linked to PayPal account and make a in-store transaction at HD/DG.

Secondly, will there be a special prompt at checkout asking how to checkout at Stores?

idfubar said:   Thanks OP!

PS: Using Chrome the first link didn't work for me (everything seemed like it worked but I got an error after logging in to PayPal)... after clearing PayPal cookies the second link redirected me to the page at the first link and then it worked... but no deal was listed under my PayPal account (which I checked after logging in from the first link) and PayPal has yet to respond to my question regarding why promotions (e.g. Jamba Juice) aren't showing up even though I signed up for the in-store payment card.

PM Paypal on their Facebook page, its the only way to get any sort of service from them.

HEELLOO said:   I reviewed the entire post but still had a few questions on how this work.

Register on PayPal site (2 options - register card and register phone). I registered card. It says I'll receive the card in 2-3 weeks?

Can't I use my Credit card linked to PayPal account and make a in-store transaction at HD/DG.

Secondly, will there be a special prompt at checkout asking how to checkout at Stores?

"How do I use PayPal before my "Pay in Store" card arrives (2 to 3 weeks)"
"Can't I just use the credit card I registered to my PayPal account at check out"

This isn't like other programs where using your credit card triggers the system to give you credits.
At check out you must choose PayPal as the form of payment.

PayPal's "Pay in Store" program gives you two options for paying.
1 - Swipe your "Pay in Store" card and enter your pin number
2 - Enter your registered phone number and your pin number

PayPal then processes the transaction and automatically applies any valid coupons or promos that you have in your PayPal account. The final amount of the transaction is then charged to your credit card by PayPal, not the merchant.

You must register a mobile number in order to use "Pay in Store" without having your "Pay in Store" card present

does Home Depot sell other companies gift cards?

Did anybody who used a Google Voice number as their mobile number get the text confirmation? My text is not coming through.

Donedealzz said:   does Home Depot sell other companies gift cards?

Not from what I've seen. In the Chicago area, nothing but Home Depot cards.

Thanks....Worked for me.

pprogram said:   Did anybody who used a Google Voice number as their mobile number get the text confirmation? My text is not coming through.

same here - text did not come through

Nice find OP!

Donedealzz said:   does Home Depot sell other companies gift cards? Here in NJ, yes.

Thanks MrC!
Just got a Shell gas card at Dollar General and Paypal shows the $10 off.
Now to find a Home Depot that sells other company gcs. The closest one only sells HD gcs.

Tried in Dollar General but paypal kept rejecting my info we tried 3 times and each time it rejected. Bummer

update: called paypal (In store check out department) and was told that probably because the payment preference for In Store Checkout was set to paypal balance (which i have $0) with secondary being checking account could have caused the rejection. So we set it to credit card as primary source and will try it again. The guy did confirm that the store did communicate with paypal since he would see attempts on his end but the rejection back to the store are generic so store has no clue why it gets rejected.

Oh well, now that i have the Credit Card set as payment option will try it again next time. IU guess i have till end of December to get the $10 off $30 purchase.

Process didn't work for me at Home Depot. I saved the coupon in my paypal account last night 12/22. I setup my pay in store with paypal also last night. Today, I went to Home Depot and bought $35 worth of stuff. I successfully checked out with paypal. The $10 did not come off the total. Went home, logged into paypal account. No coupon there. Went to the link in the OP. Says "! Sorry, this offer is no longer available." Did I screw up or did I get screwed up?

CORRECTION: I just got an email from paypal saying "You paid $XX USD to The Home Depot on 12/23/2012 and saved $10.00 USD"
It did work. But it seems to be single use.

ropadop said:   Process didn't work for me at Home Depot. I saved the coupon in my paypal account last night 12/22. I setup my pay in store with paypal also last night. Today, I went to Home Depot and bought $35 worth of stuff. I successfully checked out with paypal. The $10 did not come off the total. Went home, logged into paypal account. No coupon there. Went to the link in the OP. Says "! Sorry, this offer is no longer available." Did I screw up or did I get screwed up?

CORRECTION: I just got an email from paypal saying "You paid $XX USD to The Home Depot on 12/23/2012 and saved $10.00 USD"
It did work. But it seems to be single use.

Yes, they will text you saying that you saved the $10.
Since I had two paypal accounts, one for the wife and one for me, I double the pleasure of the coupon.
Thanks OP.

69ragtop said:   Bought an HD $30 gift card. Worked like a champ. Thanks OP and others for the information!I did the same. A GC seems like the easiest way to take advantage of this offer.

lszyjka said:   Tried in Dollar General but paypal kept rejecting my info we tried 3 times and each time it rejected. Bummer

update: called paypal (In store check out department) and was told that probably because the payment preference for In Store Checkout was set to paypal balance (which i have $0) with secondary being checking account could have caused the rejection. So we set it to credit card as primary source and will try it again. The guy did confirm that the store did communicate with paypal since he would see attempts on his end but the rejection back to the store are generic so store has no clue why it gets rejected.

Oh well, now that i have the Credit Card set as payment option will try it again next time. IU guess i have till end of December to get the $10 off $30 purchase.
Just did it at both DG and HD without problem with zero balance in PP and PP as my default payment and credit card as secondary. Went right to CC. Something else must be screwed up or just a system error.

I know this OT (sort of)...but in HD, I found (in the front of the store) twin-packs of Windex 32.5oz (trigger) on sale for $2.66! I bought an entire case of 12 bottles and used 3 x $1 MFQ's (from Coupons.com) for a total of $12.96 for 12 bottles, before the PayPal $10/$30.

Thanks OP.

Went to two different DGs in OKC and neither of them could ring up gift cards. Every time they added one it went changed to a voided entry. Maybe they'll have it fixed tomorrow.

Anyone have a direct link to the Guitar Center offer! Tia.

Thanks OP. Will give this a shot.

Does HD sell other gift cards?
Sorry if this was posted earlier. Not an easy thing to search for.

junkityjunk said:   Thanks MrC!
Just got a Shell gas card at Dollar General and Paypal shows the $10 off.
Now to find a Home Depot that sells other company gcs. The closest one only sells HD gcs.

Where did you find the gas cards? Looked in my DG and all I saw were DG gift cards.

My Dollar General had a gift card center at the end of an aisle in the front third of the store. There were restaurant, gas, Amazon, visa, etc gcs.

once again, thanks MrC. got my discounted $30 gc.

for those hunting around for other company gc's, I personally would buy the HD card now, and wait until my travels bring me to a HD that does carry the other gc's. Then you don't have to worry about the expiration of the deal or wasted gas.

Problem with this is that the store has to accept Paypal as a payment method, and none of the ones near me do

My DG only carries $25 Amazon GC. I asked the cashier if he can make it a $30 value card and he said no. How did you guys purchase a $30 GC?

Business Accounts are not eligible. :/

uwaybie said:   My DG only carries $25 Amazon GC. I asked the cashier if he can make it a $30 value card and he said no. How did you guys purchase a $30 GC?buy 2 or add $5 in other stuff. It's not that difficult

Went to DG last night (Christmas Eve) and they told me they couldn't issue any gift cards because their system for gift cards wasn't working. Will try again tomorrow.

CheaporBust said:   Problem with this is that the store has to accept Paypal as a payment method, and none of the ones near me do'

Is there a way to tell if they accept PayPal before arriving at the checkout?

Easy money. Just remember to enter Mobile phone at checkout + pin. First, I had tried home phone that didn't work. Looks like they are using mobile phone number where they are sending the confirmation texts etc.

They might have mentioned it when registering for in-store use, but just wanted to mention it here, in case you also run into the same issue.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.