• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www2.dollargeneral.com/Ads-and-Promos/Coupons/pages/Index...

Print $5 off $30 above (spend $35 first)

see pay w/paypal $10 off $30 off here. MUST REGISTER FOR OFFER

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1245963/

YOUR TOTAL AT CHECKOUT MUST BE $30 or more for the $10 offer to be applied!!!!! make sure you spend $35+ before the $5/30 coupon

Dollar General
See Dollar General promo codes that earn 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Dollar General
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
lexx u r posting like crazy, FENTON

OliverQuackenbush (Dec. 22, 2012 @ 7:54p) |

I bought a Dollar General gc and got a 5 off 25 for next sat.

wiredspider (Dec. 22, 2012 @ 7:59p) |

Hit or miss, depends on a lot of factors. With gas prices you have to figure that in too. As in Dollar General is within... (more)

cpabster (Dec. 22, 2012 @ 9:07p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good find and combo!

Too bad for me, none near me.

Nice, remember DG takes manufacturer coupons as well, thanks OP!

I always see the Dollar General store flyers, but never have seen a store. Might be time to check one out. Thanks OP

Thanks OP - Been meaning to check out the local store...

Bounty® Paper Towels 6 rolls or Angel Soft® Bath Tissue 12 Double Rolls
sale $5.00
Valid December 16, 2012 — December 23, 2012

Purchase needs to be over $35 before tax is applied. Not including tax.

Does DG sell GCs? Could I just buy a $30GC first?

wiredspider said:   Does DG sell GCs? Could I just buy a $30GC first?From the face of the coupon:

DISCOUNT COUPON EXCLUDES: Gift cards, all phone cards, prepaid Visa cards, prepaid wireless handsets, lottery tickets,propane, Rug Doctor rentals and alcoholic beverages where available.
Coupon only valid on Saturday, 12/22/12. Must present discount coupon to cashier. Limit one offer per customer. Not valid with any other Dollar General coupon offer. No cash value.

NoJakeBrake said:   Purchase needs to be over $35 before tax is applied. Not including tax.

not quite....

the paypal offer is NOT contingent on sales tax. just a $30 charge

so spending $35 even WITH SALES TAX in this example, should work as the DG $5 off $30 would still get applied here.

RonR said:   wiredspider said:   Does DG sell GCs? Could I just buy a $30GC first?From the face of the coupon:

DISCOUNT COUPON EXCLUDES: Gift cards, all phone cards, prepaid Visa cards, prepaid wireless handsets, lottery tickets,propane, Rug Doctor rentals and alcoholic beverages where available.
Coupon only valid on Saturday, 12/22/12. Must present discount coupon to cashier. Limit one offer per customer. Not valid with any other Dollar General coupon offer. No cash value.

however, if you weren't ready to shop on 12/22, yes, you could buy a $30 DG Gift Card for $20 after Paypal credit.

DG also sells ITunes and perhaps some other GC's as well. Not sure their payment policy on GC (some stores are cash/debit only for GC purchases)

MISTERCHEAP said:   RonR said:   wiredspider said:   Does DG sell GCs? Could I just buy a $30GC first?From the face of the coupon:

however, if you weren't ready to shop on 12/22, yes, you could buy a $30 DG Gift Card for $20 after Paypal credit.

DG also sells ITunes and perhaps some other GC's as well. Not sure their payment policy on GC (some stores are cash/debit only for GC purchases)

That was more along the lines of what I was asking, just wasn't sure if DG had their own gift cards. There is a DG by my gym, though I've never gone in lol.

wiredspider said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   RonR said:   wiredspider said:   Does DG sell GCs? Could I just buy a $30GC first?From the face of the coupon:

That was more along the lines of what I was asking, just wasn't sure if DG had their own gift cards. There is a DG by my gym, though I've never gone in lol.

spider,

yes, they have DG gift cards, however, I don't know if they are sold only in predetermined denominations or you can load a card with any amount you like. and again, I don't know the payment policy on GC's.

ok, i'm new to this so how do i use paypal at DG? i have a free paypal account with verified BA and backup CC. i logged in with the access PP page and was about to choose DG but dont know how it works INstore? i mean i have not set up any access account before this!

lexx said:   ok, i'm new to this so how do i use paypal at DG? i have a free paypal account with verified BA and backup CC. i logged in with the access PP page and was about to choose DG but dont know how it works INstore? i mean i have not set up any access account before this!

lexx,

probably best to read thru the FAQ's at paypal. a little too complicated to just explain in a one sentence answer to your post.

MISTERCHEAP said:   lexx said:   ok, i'm new to this so how do i use paypal at DG? i have a free paypal account with verified BA and backup CC. i logged in with the access PP page and was about to choose DG but dont know how it works INstore? i mean i have not set up any access account before this!

lexx,

probably best to read thru the FAQ's at paypal. a little too complicated to just explain in a one sentence answer to your post.

do i need a SPECIAL card?

lexx said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   lexx said:   ok, i'm new to this so how do i use paypal at DG? i have a free paypal account with verified BA and backup CC. i logged in with the access PP page and was about to choose DG but dont know how it works INstore? i mean i have not set up any access account before this!

lexx,

that's the route I went. I think there's another option too, but I forget what that is.

lexx said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   lexx said:   ok, i'm new to this so how do i use paypal at DG? i have a free paypal account with verified BA and backup CC. i logged in with the access PP page and was about to choose DG but dont know how it works INstore? i mean i have not set up any access account before this!

lexx,

or what happens when i put in my mobile # i dont have net access on phone?

lexx said:   lexx said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   lexx said:   ok, i'm new to this so how do i use paypal at DG? i have a free paypal account with verified BA and backup CC. i logged in with the access PP page and was about to choose DG but dont know how it works INstore? i mean i have not set up any access account before this!

lexx,

ok, i set up phone. now this is what they say about that. When you use PayPal in stores, we’ll use the payment methods below. You can add more payment methods and change your preferences anytime in your Settings.

Preferred payment method: PayPal Balance

Backup payment method: Savings *0001 how this applies to the 10 credit at DG is not apparent right now?

lexx said:   lexx said:   lexx said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   lexx said:   ok, i'm new to this so how do i use paypal at DG? i have a free paypal account with verified BA and backup CC. i logged in with the access PP page and was about to choose DG but dont know how it works INstore? i mean i have not set up any access account before this!

lexx,

ok, i set up phone. now this is what they say about that. When you use PayPal in stores, we’ll use the payment methods below. You can add more payment methods and change your preferences anytime in your Settings.

Backup payment method: Savings *0001 how this applies to the 10 credit at DG is not apparent right now?

ok now i go to actual preferences and they say pin is for MOBILE APP! losers.....i dont have NET access!

lexx said:   lexx said:   lexx said:   lexx said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   lexx said:   ok, i'm new to this so how do i use paypal at DG? i have a free paypal account with verified BA and backup CC. i logged in with the access PP page and was about to choose DG but dont know how it works INstore? i mean i have not set up any access account before this!

lexx,

ok now i go to actual preferences and they say pin is for MOBILE APP! losers.....i dont have NET access!
and does not look like you can change mobile #? just add more? stupid!!

lexx said:   lexx said:   lexx said:   lexx said:   lexx said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   lexx said:   ok, i'm new to this so how do i use paypal at DG? i have a free paypal account with verified BA and backup CC. i logged in with the access PP page and was about to choose DG but dont know how it works INstore? i mean i have not set up any access account before this!

lexx,

ok read another tour section and looks like dont need app for a purchase. but still dont know how DG discount thing will work? losers! lost the link to forum to ask questions/read!

I go to the Dollar General and unless you buy groceries there I have no idea how to spend $30 there? LOL

lexx said:   lexx said:   lexx said:   lexx said:   lexx said:   lexx said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   lexx said:   ok, i'm new to this so how do i use paypal at DG? i have a free paypal account with verified BA and backup CC. i logged in with the access PP page and was about to choose DG but dont know how it works INstore? i mean i have not set up any access account before this!

lexx,

ok read another tour section and looks like dont need app for a purchase. but still dont know how DG discount thing will work? losers! lost the link to forum to ask questions/read!

I did this the other day on paypal. I just followed the steps after I selected the coupon @ paypal.
It seems to me, you don't need internet access on your phone. From
how I read it...you don't even need your phone w/ you....just memorize the cell# and the pin you chose. =]

Here is the confirmation e-mail from paypal.......

Dear Confused Deal-Seeker,

You're ready to pay with PayPal in participating stores. And you can start shopping "TODAY" - just enter your mobile number and PIN at the register to pay. Your PayPal payment card will arrive within the next 1-2 weeks at the mailing address in your account.

After you activate the card, you can either swipe it or enter your mobile number and PIN at the register to pay. Either way, you'll get a confirmation by text or email, and an electronic sales record will be sent to your PayPal account, too.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Thanks to O.P. for the extra 5 bucks!!!

GREEEN just got back with $43 of fair dollar store pricing for $28. Bounty is on sale 6 rolls for $5. Other things we usually buy anyway but $ General is less than wal mart on some stuff.

JasonBargain said:   GREEEN just got back with $43 of fair dollar store pricing for $28. Bounty is on sale 6 rolls for $5. Other things we usually buy anyway but $ General is less than wal mart on some stuff.

Very little is cheaper at Dollar General, That is how they thrive, You think it is cheaper, but it isn't. Most items I bought today is cheaper at WalMart but not much. I bought a few groceries with mine and wrapping paper.

I bought

caramel cluster candy x2 $3 each
Pecan Sandies cookies- $2.75 Higher than WM
Armour Summer Sausage $3 for 3 pound, get a 5 lb at WalMart for $4
Tosito spinach dip $3.25, I paid $2.50 at WalMart.
chunk chicken in can $1.95, It's $1.80 at WalMart for great value brand.
Fritos, $2.95 cheaper at WalMart
2L clover valley soda, $.85, $.69 at WalMart for WalMart brand.
etc.. rest were about normal with WalMart price. But Dollar General is NOT cheaper.

lexx u r posting like crazy, FENTON

I bought a Dollar General gc and got a 5 off 25 for next sat.

FrugalFreak said:   JasonBargain said:   GREEEN just got back with $43 of fair dollar store pricing for $28. Bounty is on sale 6 rolls for $5. Other things we usually buy anyway but $ General is less than wal mart on some stuff.

Very little is cheaper at Dollar General, That is how they thrive, You think it is cheaper, but it isn't. Most items I bought today is cheaper at WalMart but not much. I bought a few groceries with mine and wrapping paper.

I bought

caramel cluster candy x2 $3 each
Pecan Sandies cookies- $2.75 Higher than WM
Armour Summer Sausage $3 for 3 pound, get a 5 lb at WalMart for $4
Tosito spinach dip $3.25, I paid $2.50 at WalMart.
chunk chicken in can $1.95, It's $1.80 at WalMart for great value brand.
Fritos, $2.95 cheaper at WalMart
2L clover valley soda, $.85, $.69 at WalMart for WalMart brand.
etc.. rest were about normal with WalMart price. But Dollar General is NOT cheaper.

Hit or miss, depends on a lot of factors. With gas prices you have to figure that in too. As in Dollar General is within walking distance from me, Wal-Mart is several miles each way.

Also DG runs a lot of 50% sales and clearance which can be cheaper than Wally. Depends on the item and quantity.

Anyhoot I got a whole bag of stocking stuffers & candy, plus several misc household items for about $22 out of pocket. And the 5/25 coupon for next week. Works for me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014