• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

DG Gift Card Kiosk
Disclaimer
1. Register for $10 off $30 Paypal Offer in this thread ( http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1245963/

2. Go to any Dollar General, buy $30 in GC's

3. Pay $20 after $10 instant Paypal Credit is applied to your paypal account!

THIS IS CONFIRMED BY ME!! Mistercheap, bought two $15 Itunes cards and paid $20 after Paypal offer.

You paid $20.00 USD to Dollar General on 12/22/2012 and saved $10.00 USD

Dear Mr Cheap,

Thanks for using PayPal. You paid $20.00 USD to Dollar General on 12/22/2012 at 11:11 PST and your special offer(s) saved you $10.00 USD.

Here are the payment details:

PayPal Total: $20.00 USD
Special Offer Savings: $10.00 USD
Date: 12/22/2012
At: Dollar General
Store address:
Store phone: 20xxxxx873
Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX572M
Payer ID: 5XXXXXXXXN

Dollar General
See Dollar General promo codes that earn 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Dollar General Gift Cards
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Maybe it was just my Dollar General, but they couldn't figure out how to use my phone number as a payment method - it wa... (more)

Redbeard25 (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 4:57p) |

I got my $10 discounted! when asked to pay I looked at the Credit Card display, there is a button that says Paypal, tapp... (more)

dannyoriffic (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 5:27p) |

This worked perfectly. Thanks!!

superhappyla (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 7:45p) |

$5 off $25 coupon - valid 12/29 only

DISCOUNT COUPON EXCLUDES: Gift cards, all phone cards, prepaid Visa cards, prepaid wireless handsets, lottery tickets, propane, Rug Doctor rentals and alcoholic beverages where available.

===============================================================

"How do I use PayPal before my "Pay in Store" card arrives (2 to 3 weeks)"
"Can't I just use the credit card I registered to my PayPal account at check out"

This isn't like other programs where using your credit card triggers the system to give you credits.
At check out you must choose PayPal as the form of payment.

PayPal's "Pay in Store" program gives you two options for paying.
1 - Swipe your "Pay in Store" card and enter your pin number
2 - Enter your registered phone number and your pin number

PayPal then processes the transaction and automatically applies any valid coupons or promos that you have in your PayPal account. The final amount of the transaction is then charged to your credit card by PayPal, not the merchant.

You must register a mobile number in order to use "Pay in Store" without having your "Pay in Store" card present

Make sure your paypal is debited or Dollar General managers will call and leave threatening messages on your phone. read my story
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal, Mr. C! I've seen the PayPal option when I've swiped my debit card but have never used it. How do you? If you choose PP do you enter your email address or what? TIA!

I clicked on DG searched for gift cards, no results.

sherryannagain said:   I clicked on DG searched for gift cards, no results.

OP says "GO TO Dollar General" meaning the store.

hisgranny said:   Great deal, Mr. C! I've seen the PayPal option when I've swiped my debit card but have never used it. How do you? If you choose PP do you enter your email address or what? TIA!

see the other thread linked in op. you have to sign up for the service AND the specific offer. you'll need to read up on it at the paypal link.

Okay, thanks!

MISTERCHEAP said:   

see the other thread linked in op. you have to sign up for the service AND the specific offer. you'll need to read up on it at the paypal link.

Their system is quite odd too. I signed up for past offers and since I have a business account, it says I don't qualify. Fine, but then I get email reminders to use the offer I tried to sign up for since it will: "expire soon".

Do they have Staples cards?

1chris1 said:   Do they have Staples cards?

No, other than Amazon, I don't recall seeing any other "store" type GC's (Staples, Sears, etc). rest were gasoline (Shell and Exxon), lots of restaurants, DG, and ITunes.

also, that Paypal card you see in the OP pic might be good too! add $30 to that, pay $20, load your paypal with $30.

MISTERCHEAP said:   hisgranny said:   Great deal, Mr. C! I've seen the PayPal option when I've swiped my debit card but have never used it. How do you? If you choose PP do you enter your email address or what? TIA!

here's the way you use it after signup and payment option choices. i am waiting for card so also gave phone # same pin works for both they text you with confirmation/info. no internet needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8P9qT9EIVk

Worked like a charm! If fact, the cashiers were excited because nobody had ever used PP before and they wondered how it worked. They were impressed that I saved $15 (The $10 from PP and the $5 DG coupon.) so I told them about the online thing. Thank you, Mr.C and thanks, FW, for all the awesome deals!

hisgranny said:   Worked like a charm! If fact, the cashiers were excited because nobody had ever used PP before and they wondered how it worked. They were impressed that I saved $15 (The $10 from PP and the $5 DG coupon.) so I told them about the online thing. Thank you, Mr.C and thanks, FW, for all the awesome deals!

Did you use the $5 coupon towards a GC purchase or did you buy merchandise?

MISTERCHEAP said:   also, that Paypal card you see in the OP pic might be good too! add $30 to that, pay $20, load your paypal with $30.I thought so too until I found out there is a $3.95 Purchase Fee on the PayPal LOAD MONEY card. That would still be a $6.05 profit, but I didn't go for it (yet).

confirmed working! Thanks OP!

Mr. C, our DG didn't have much of a gift card selection so I bought one $15 GC and the rest was candy for the kids' stockings. $37-$5 DG coupon and thought I paid $32 at the register but I received the text about the $10 before I got to the car! $22 total which means after the GC I only paid $7 for a ton of candy! Yay! Thanks again!

I selected Home Depot for the Paypal promotion, but I guess it would work the same way.

You can select both, I used the direct link for HD and still got Dollar General added.
Already bought $30 GCs at each and was only charged $20 by PP.

Thanks Mister Cheap. You make a lot of Christmases a bit merrier.

3 posts about one offer?

FrugalFreak said:   3 posts about one offer?

2 FF, the other post was 12/22 only (for DG) already expired.

thank you

Firt time using PayPal at at a B&M store, couldn't have been any easier.

Picked up $45.00 worth of stocking stuffers. Received this text mesage as I was walking from store to my car.

"PayPal: You paid $29.65 USD to Dollar General on 12/22/2012 at 14:34 PST and saved $10.00 USD."

Pretty Impressive.

Happy Holidays and Good Luck!!

hisgranny said:   Mr. C, our DG didn't have much of a gift card selection so I bought one $15 GC and the rest was candy for the kids' stockings. $37-$5 DG coupon and thought I paid $32 at the register but I received the text about the $10 before I got to the car! $22 total which means after the GC I only paid $7 for a ton of candy! Yay! Thanks again!

It is $22 out of your pocket though..just saying

dontcare4myname said:   hisgranny said:   Mr. C, our DG didn't have much of a gift card selection so I bought one $15 GC and the rest was candy for the kids' stockings. $37-$5 DG coupon and thought I paid $32 at the register but I received the text about the $10 before I got to the car! $22 total which means after the GC I only paid $7 for a ton of candy! Yay! Thanks again!

It is $22 out of your pocket though..just saying

You think the gift card and candy should have been free...lol?

wiredspider said:   You can select both, I used the direct link for HD and still got Dollar General added.

"Sorry, you cannot change your selection once you have chosen an offer and confirmed it."

Maybe I could have selected both originally, although it did not appear to be the case when I did so.

billrubin said:   wiredspider said:   You can select both, I used the direct link for HD and still got Dollar General added.

"Sorry, you cannot change your selection once you have chosen an offer and confirmed it."

Maybe I could have selected both originally, although it did not appear to be the case when I did so.

Try these GeneralDollar
HomeDepot

No stores in the Pacific NW.

$5 off $25 coupon - valid 12/29 only

DISCOUNT COUPON EXCLUDES: Gift cards, all phone cards, prepaid Visa cards, prepaid wireless handsets, lottery tickets, propane, Rug Doctor rentals and alcoholic beverages where available.

I just signed up for the Dollar General offer. Will go there tomorrow and buy a gift card. Which gas cards have you found there?

roy7736 said:   I just signed up for the Dollar General offer. Will go there tomorrow and buy a gift card. What dominations do they sell the Amazon cards in? And which gas cards have you found there?

I've only seen $25 Amazon. As for Gas Cards, I've seen Shell and Exxon.

Bocasva said:   billrubin said:   wiredspider said:   You can select both, I used the direct link for HD and still got Dollar General added.

Try these GeneralDollar
HomeDepot
Thanks -- that worked!

Thx..bought gas card and some stuff and got back 10 from pay pal....

Thanks! I got lucky that a 2nd cashier heard me ask about using Paypal. Cashier #1 assured me I needed a card because of "identity theft" I explained I had a PIN. Cashier #2 said lets give it a try. If I would have looked at the credit card pinpad I would have seen the Paypal button and saved myself the conversation. Worked out great used the online offer and coupon and picked up 4 of the Totina Pizza's for $5 Paypal rebate. $42 worth of stuff for $22! Cant go wrong!!Thank You!

Good deal, go it ,thanks!

thank you!

I can't find any gift cards. where can find "Itunes" or "Amazon" cards?

I got a $25 Shell GC & some other things for $20.91 w/ PayPal. Thanks OP!

greatproverbs7287 said:   I can't find any gift cards. where can find "Itunes" or "Amazon" cards?

Usually on an endcap (as pictured in the Quick summary) in the front of the store.

odd but, I dont have the Dollar General to choose only The Home Depot. I went to my account to verify. It's a good thing I was busy and didnt run to dg

Jlovey2 said:   odd but, I dont have the Dollar General to choose only The Home Depot. I went to my account to verify. It's a good thing I was busy and didnt run to dgEven using the DG-specific link posted earlier today?

Skipping 41 Messages...
This worked perfectly. Thanks!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014