• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Edit: Now even cheaper! Stacking with 20% off everything. I'm on my smartphone now, so I can't confirm that this is the cheapest it can go, but I've managed to get the 26 pack down to $1.11 and the 32 packs down to $1.43. Anyone play around and get it lower? (same applies to other brands below).

Click here for additional 20% off everything
~~~~~~~~~~

Click here to activate 20% off all "Medicine"

Click here and chose 2 packs of your choice (note that the 32-packs come out slightly higher)

Price in cart should be $1.39 per 26 pack, or $1.79 per 32 pack.

If price in cart is higher, try this: In cart, increase the number of items to 3, click "update cart", then decrease the number back down to 2. Should do the trick.

~~~~~~~~~
Same trick should work on other cough drops they have on sale ("buy 6 save $3"):

(third column represents additional 20% code, added above)

$4.49 = $3.09 --> $2.47
$3.99 = $2.69 --> $2.15
$3.19 = $2.05 --> $1.64
$3.15 = $2.02 --> $1.62
$2.99 = $1.89 --> $1.51
$2.79 = $1.73 --> $1.38
$2.69 = $1.65 --> $1.32
$2.59 = $1.57 --> $1.26
$2.49 = $1.49 --> $1.19
$2.29 = $1.33 --> $1.06
$2.19 = $1.25 --> $1.00
$1.99 = $1.09 --> $0.87

Halls

Ricola

Ludens

Jakemans

drugstore.com
See drugstore.com discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Pine Bros. Softish Throat Drops
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Works like a charm. Haven't had Pine Bros. cough drops in about 100 years, hope they haven't changed the recipe/formula that I remember so well! Thanks, OP!

howie999 said:   Works like a charm. Haven't had Pine Bros. cough drops in about 100 years, hope they haven't changed the recipe/formula that I remember so well! Thanks, OP!

I just got these in the mail(bought them as a filler from drugstore.com) a few days ago. Just like you I had not had these since I was a kid. Maybe it is my memory but they do not seem as sweet. I got the cherry flavor. I still am happy with my purchase. I read up and it seems like the company went out of business and was brought back recently. At least where I live there are no local stores , mostly sold through online retailers. I guess it gives hope for funny bones and twinkies.

ShopRite had the bag of 32 pc bag for $3.29 -$0.50 Price Plus discount on 12/9/12. I purchased the honey. The flavor was somewhat familiar but different. The softish/gummy texture was exactly how I remembered. Ate the entire bag in 2 days.

I loved these as a kid in the 60's. My favorite was honey and they came in a rectangular cardboard box. Even though I haven't enjoyed one in many years, I can still imagine the taste and texture of these. As a new Shoprunner member (free), this was my first order with free shipping.

Grew up on ludins, but got these to try. Thanks op.

blueribb said:   I loved these as a kid in the 60's. My favorite was honey and they came in a rectangular cardboard box. Even though I haven't enjoyed one in many years, I can still imagine the taste and texture of these. As a new Shoprunner member (free), this was my first order with free shipping.
You're more than welcome!

BrianGa said:   Grew up on ludins, but got these to try. Thanks op.
Added a link to the Ludens just for you

...and other brands for any FW'er who wasn't around before the 80's.

I heard there's gonna be a throw down. The Smith Bros are lookin for blood !

Pine Brothers History

Pine Brothers CEO Video

Someone is selling 2 of the original 1970's boxes on eBay (search 110990910089)

I received my order today. Yuck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The taste of the honey flavored drops is dreadful. They smell bad and taste worst. No honey taste AT ALL. They sorta taste and smell like aftershave. I ate these regularly when I was a kid in the 60's and 70's and this is not even close. I'll try the cherry later today after I recover from this shock.

Update: I tried the Cherry flavor and I must admit they are much better than the honey. The texture of these is not the same as the originals either but I will finish the 2 containers of cherry.

F Y I - Check your account to see if eligible drugstore.com dollars, accrued in December to use in January, has dissapeared. Mine was there when I logged in at 2:55 am and disappeared at 3:05 EST.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014