• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is a really awesome deal and stocking stuffer.

~Staples brand USB 2.0 4-port Flexible Hub (with mini-B USB connector) SKU 715440 Was 24.98 Now 1.00~

Most new devices dont really use mini-USB anymore (micro-USB is more common now), so it's really only three usable USBs unless you have an adapter. The great thing is that this is still EVERYWHERE at most Staples. Use the old inventory tracker. http://sd.site88.net/

They came out with a newer model that has a MICRO (not mini) USB for the fourth tentacle instead of a mini-USB. (That micro-USB has a regular USB adapter attached to it). I assume that's why they are clearing out this older MINI-USB model. Most places have this in the USB aisle, and be sure to LOOK BEHIND the newer model. At the two Staples I went to, there were tons of the older model on the same railing just behind the newer model. Most Staples do not yet have a clearance price sign. So this should be easy pickings. Have some holiday spirit and save some for others if you pick a few up.

ALTERNATE inventory tracker: Text

Thanks for posting if you got it and letting us know if there are any issues. Merry Christmas everyone and I hope everyone gets a hub or two.

If you left some around at your local Staples for the next guy or gal, please post your Staples location. Others, please check with inventory checker before making a trip.

Note: I could not find some in a few Staples in my area even though they had been listed as "low clearance." I suspect it might be lost somewhere in the stock room or overhead shelving storage. Just keep a sharp eye out for this as it will eventually pop up in clearance or racked with the newer replacement hub.

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
And you posted to tell us that? With no location?

peepsiemom (Feb. 01, 2013 @ 6:16p) |

4-20-13 this was $1. Checked it 1 day later on 4-21-13, and now its back up to full price.

zubba (Apr. 21, 2013 @ 6:51p) |

Mini is still $1 if you can find it. Micro is full price. They look alike. Common mistake.

aarzi (Apr. 21, 2013 @ 9:01p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Before it gets asked, it's still full price on Staples.com.

How do you check store inventory?

Any deals on USB mini to micro or USB female adapters? I perhaps should have grabbed more mini to micro when RadioShack had them on clearance.

Does 'low stock, clearance item' when using the inventory checker signify little chance the store has any?

Merry Christmas!

hereford said:   Does 'low stock, clearance item' when using the inventory checker signify little chance the store has any?

Merry Christmas!

It usually means the store employees are hiding them in the back...

hereford said:   Does 'low stock, clearance item' when using the inventory checker signify little chance the store has any?No, it means that they may have a couple. It's certainly better than "Not sold at this location".

billrubin said:   hereford said:   Does 'low stock, clearance item' when using the inventory checker signify little chance the store has any?No, it means that they may have a couple. It's certainly better than "Not sold at this location".

Thanks!

bobley said:   Any deals on USB mini to micro or USB female adapters? I perhaps should have grabbed
more mini to micro when RadioShack had them on clearance.

I got a couple for a buck on eBay a fewweeks ago.

I went to Staples i found 2 on the shelf with regular price $24.99..and when the cashier scanned it it st still didnt come to $1..they have none in the clearance section and said didnt know what i am talkin about...

titoysh said:   I went to Staples i found 2 on the shelf with regular price $24.99..and when the cashier scanned it it st still didnt come to $1..they have none in the clearance section and said didnt know what i am talkin about...

exactly how can $X.00 be national wide? I think X.95 are national wide sales.

OP, store inventory tracker link is not working

I bought the last two at my Staples store and they rang up at $1.00.

titoysh said:   I went to Staples i found 2 on the shelf with regular price $24.99..and when the cashier scanned it it st still didnt come to $1..they have none in the clearance section and said didnt know what i am talkin about...

CSR was correct!

And N.50 are nationwide clearance, N.00 is YMMV

atp2000 said:   OP, store inventory tracker link is not working
Try searching twice, the first time it comes up as not found for me, but if I do it again, I get the normal stock page.

I am new to this..i didnt get your answer..what does that mean? CSR,YMMV,N.00..Thanks

wiredspider said:   atp2000 said:   OP, store inventory tracker link is not working
Try searching twice, the first time it comes up as not found for me, but if I do it again, I get the normal stock page.

When I click on the inventory tracker link it takes me to a site called 000webhost.com and says cpu limit reached

TITOYSH said:   I am new to this..i didn't get your answer..what does that mean? CSR,YMMV,N.00..ThanksCustomer service rep, your mileage may vary, price of product ends in 00. Try urbandictionary.com next time or just Google.

atp2000 said:   When I click on the inventory tracker link it takes me to a site called 000webhost.com and says cpu limit reached

I think there's been too many searches on the site today.

Use this as an alternate. http://checkinventory.home.comcast.net/~checkinventory/

my1bug said:   atp2000 said:   When I click on the inventory tracker link it takes me to a site called 000webhost.com and says cpu limit reached

I think there's been too many searches on the site today.

Use this as an alternate. http://checkinventory.home.comcast.net/~checkinventory/

Thanks, the alternate checker worked for me. The closest Staples with inventory for me is Paramus NJ. All stores are closed in Paramus on Sumday, I will go there tomorrow and see it they have any.

Got 1 for a dollar at yorba Linda, ca Staples

It shows $24.99 when do an inventory check for me.

I went to the Staples in SoCal this morning and asked for the $1-clearance USB hubs. The head cashier didn't know what I was talking about and handed me off to an equally-uninformed floor staff member who pointed me to a completely different for $10+. He then finally found the Staple-branded units (reg $25) that were marked down to $8 (instead of $1). I asked the cashier to check the price and it scanned at $1.00!! I bought 3 and left the last one on the shelf.

Thanks OP!

I found several on a peg with the newer model and no clearance tag. The clerk didn't even blink when she rang them up. Thank you fatwallet!

There were still a few left in Cambridge, MA after I was done.

Thanks OP!scored 2 today here at Raliegh, NC

Got 3 and left four on clearance rack at Main St. Norwalk, CT. $1 each.
Thanks OP.

Got four in the La Jolla, CA store for $1 each. There were none in the shelves initially when I got to the store but an employee, whom I think is the store manager, went out of his way to find the items for me in the back of the store. Very nice of him for helping me out. These hubs work great for media players where you can connect a thumb drive or a portable hard drive.

mispost

Picked up one in San Clemente, Ca

pctecguy said:   Check inventort here

Results: Not sold at this location
Not sold at this location

Got two at La Habra Thanks!

None in Paramus NJ

Thanks OP!

Got 2 in Jacksonville, FL!

Got 5 in Orange, Cali on Tustin/Meats. 6 more there for the pickings! BTW shelf is not marked with the clearance. Good hunting!

I got one this AM in North Miami Beach, FL. There were a dozen or so with the mini plug hidden behind *one* with the micro plug.

jawrat said:   I got one this AM in North Miami Beach, FL. There were a dozen or so with the mini plug hidden behind *one* with the micro plug.

Exactly how it was at the Staples I have seen. One or two micro ones, and then tons of the older one behind it.

Skipping 10 Messages...
Mini is still $1 if you can find it. Micro is full price. They look alike. Common mistake.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014