• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The deal: This TV is $799 at WalMart.com. It's currently $899 at Sears. I just received an email giving me a bonus 50,000 Shop Your Way Rewards points on a $400 or more purchase to use between now and 12/24. PM to WalMart, use the 50,000 free points to save another $50.00 (the YMMV is if you got this email...the bonus points don't show up in your balance, you have to just redeem 50,000 and see if it works). This TV also right now has a 100,000 point SYWR point bonus, which is worth $100 - so your final price (sort of) is $649 plus tax. I just picked this TV up so this definitely works if you got the bonus point email. I had to purchase the TV for the $899 and the $100 plus tax price match will be credited back to me within a few days after pickup.

walmart linky

Sears linky

Member Summary

LG (55LM4600) 55" 3D LED
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Did you try this? It is not working for me. I received the email and the 50k points shows at checkout, but the 100k do not, so it might be one or the other, but not both.

I bought the TV yesterday and this morning my account has 100K points in it.

flowindex said:   Did you try this? It is not working for me. I received the email and the 50k points shows at checkout, but the 100k do not, so it might be one or the other, but not both.

Quite risky in the way of getting everything credited since the price match might cause issues with CashBack and/or the SWYR bonus points being adjusted. When dealing with Sears...I've learned the KISS principle is the best method.


I went with this Sears TV deal since it's clear cut and did stack with the 50k off of $400 bonus points:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1246246/



(Brought it under $400, if counting coupon/CashBack/$100 credit)

Not so risky. I did everything by online chat (I think you have to purchase online to get the 100K bonus points) and asked the rep all the questions, and then saved the transcript of the chat session. All the price match will do is reduce my regular SYWR points I earned with this (around 8,000) by that amount.

Not sure how this deal rates red when this deal, which is $50 higher and no rewards points is super green. Whatev.

TommyTuTone said:   Not so risky.

Yes, it's risky. I've even had a case where I opened an online chat with Sears while I was waiting on the phone for the telephone CSR to pick up. To make a long story short, I got two different answers to the same question basic rewards points question.


If a person is going to do the deal (and price match you suggested)...they will need to watch the account closely for any and all credit/refunds.

No, it's zero risk. If they don't refund the pricematch difference, you return the TV and get a refund.

respdoc said:   TommyTuTone said:   Not so risky.

Yes, it's risky. I've even had a case where I opened an online chat with Sears while I was waiting on the phone for the telephone CSR to pick up. To make a long story short, I got two different answers to the same question basic rewards points question.


If a person is going to do the deal (and price match you suggested)...they will need to watch the account closely for any and all credit/refunds.

TommyTuTone said:   No, it's zero risk.



Re-read what I wrote again. If you don't want to/can't understand...I can not help you. Also wasting a significant amount of time (on what should be a simple issue) is a turn-off for some.

I actually don't need any help, my deal is done. If you're not savvy enough to pull off a straightforward PM that is completely IAW the merchant's own PM rules and promotions, I can not help you and you shouldn't try this at home. But please don't TC with your imaginary risk.

respdoc said:   TommyTuTone said:   No, it's zero risk.



Re-read what I wrote again. If you don't want to/can't understand...I can not help you. Also wasting a significant amount of time (on what should be a simple issue) is a turn-off for some.

TommyTuTone said:   I actually don't need any help, my deal is done.


Suggest you also read what you wrote...since your deal is not "done" until the credit is issued and any points adjustments made. Assumptions, though, seem your speciality.

glad to see so many in the Christmas spirit

Got shot down for PM by two CSR because the availability in my area for TV from WalMart is more than 7 days in future .
For those it works, don't forget 8% CB from FW and 5% CB from Shop Discover.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014