LG (50PA55000) 50" Plasma 600Hz 1080p HDTV @ Sears - $549.99
was $699.99
Buy Online, Pick Up in Store

• 50" 1080p Plasma HDTV (1920 x 1080)
  • 600Hz Refresh Rate
  • 3 HDMI Ports
  • USB
  • 1 Year Warranty 2 Year Panel Warranty

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Sears
See Sears promo codes that earn 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

LG (50PA55000) 50" Plasma 600Hz 1080p HDTV
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
terrible numbering!

vickh (Jan. 30, 2013 @ 4:14p) |

I also applied coupon code FEBRUARY20 for 20.00 off. The online form would not take it so I called and it brought the pr... (more)

alessandraferrerio (Feb. 01, 2013 @ 11:35a) |

Kmart had it for $499 last month, but my ShopDiscover didn't post, yet

vickh (Feb. 01, 2013 @ 11:43a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Are LG panels comparable to panasonic? I've if you go Plasma, go with Panasonic. True?

cr3s said:   Are LG panels comparable to panasonic? I've if you go Plasma, go with Panasonic. True?

LG and Panasonic are about on equal terms right during this season's releases. Personally, I just got a 60" LG plasma and it looks nicer than the Panasonic versions in terms of picture quality (and lacks elsewhere). Overall they are about on par. Panasonic plasmas from about a year ago were fantastic, but they were also more expensive for the same size display. You get what you pay for.

Personally, Samsung is my favorite brand for plasmas, but Sony and a few others are also up there.

This can be made hotter since it has been confirmed to stack with any $$ off rewards point coupons floating in your account (i.e. 50,000 instant redeem points off $400 purchase).

I just unboxed this set today.. And its beautiful.. Couldn't be happier

geowrian said:   cr3s said:   
Personally, Samsung is my favorite brand for plasmas, but Sony and a few others are also up there.

Huh? Sony hasn't sold any plasma TV's for several years now.

No 3d- LG has a lot of sets that make 3d from any 2d picture which is nice.

pickone said:   No 3d

If you find a 50'' set in 3d, in this price range...feel free to post.

also says you get 100,000 points for buying the TV, doesn't that mean extra $100 in discounts later? almost like $100 off, with FW CashBack knocks off the tax roughly, its like $450 for a 50 inch plasma...hard to beat this deal.

If you have Chase Ultimate Rewards points, you can exchange them for Lands' End gift cards, also redeemable at Sears, at a 20% discount.

At the lower end of plasma, they are closer to equal. Mid/high range has more differentiation.
(Mid/Upper Panasonic is typically considered best followed very closely by Samsung with LG tailing behind.)

Anyone purchase this recently and get the 100,000 bonus points? I just bought it and it doesn't look like the deal is still going, even though it is still in the picture on the website.

How long does it take for the bonus points to show up? If the deal isn't valid, you think I might be able to use the picture in order to argue?

edit: Picture no longer there on Sears website, just on shopyourway website. Now only 5500 bonus points. Ugh, is it still a good deal at 583.00 including tax?

FYI.. I have been talking to quite a few TV Gurus in my area and they ALL say the same thing. LED is ONLY a better choice if you are a 3D Buff.. If not ( Like me ) Plasma is the way to go.. LED is over priced and over hyped.

549.99 is in store price. Just came back from Sears.. The bonus 50-100 K bonus points was only during Christmas.. FYI

Went ahead and did it. Very pleased with the set. I was really scared for a minute though because when I went to pick it up I thought I would check out the floor to see if it was on display. LG, 50" $550... this must be it.

Looked terrible. I was kind of freaking out. Looked closer: 720p! Looked closer: 50PA45000 rather that 50PA55000. I was worried they might have thought they had the 50PA55000 in stock and mistaken it for this. However, when I got home everything was cool. So apparently you can get an identical 720p for the same price if you're an idiot.

In for 1, thanks OP. Looking forward to upgrading from a RCA 52" projection I got 9 years ago and has refused to die.

TooManyToys said:   In for 1, thanks OP. Looking forward to upgrading from a RCA 52" projection I got 9 years ago and has refused to die.

I hear ya.. I may just pick up that 55 LED at Sears this week. The space only these slims will save over my 8 year old Sony that will not die either.. Oh the problems in life..

I see the 100k points is listed in today's ad. Is there a way to get this if I already bought the TV? I did not get the points when I bought it a week or so ago.

ellisz said:   I see the 100k points is listed in today's ad. Is there a way to get this if I already bought the TV? I did not get the points when I bought it a week or so ago.

If there is a way, I don't know it. I tried chatting with a rep at Sears.com, and they told me to call SYWR. So I did call them, and they told me I would have to go in-store and they could do either a price adjustment or a return and rebuy. I went to Sears today to do that, and got denied, they said I need to call Sears.com. So I went full circle. I called Sears.com and they said I have to call SYWR. I then called the SYWR number again and went through the process of reporting missing points on a transaction. It was an automated system, which asked me for my salescheck # and transaction date. It finished with saying it may take up to 30 days for the points to arrive. But I'm thinking they will deny me. I'm not happy about it, they will price match any competitor even after the fact, but they won't price match their own deal five days after I buy from them? I have a good mind to box the damn thing up and return it, and then rebuy it, the old fashioned way, and get my points.

hunterking said:   Went ahead and did it. Very pleased with the set. I was really scared for a minute though because when I went to pick it up I thought I would check out the floor to see if it was on display. LG, 50" $550... this must be it.

Looked terrible. I was kind of freaking out. Looked closer: 720p! Looked closer: 50PA45000 rather that 50PA55000..

terrible numbering!

I also applied coupon code FEBRUARY20 for 20.00 off. The online form would not take it so I called and it brought the price down to $529.00

Kmart had it for $499 last month, but my ShopDiscover didn't post, yet

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014