Amazon Basics DVD+R 100pk $12.90

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I can't keep this to myself anymore... if you can't get the Staples 50/pk for $4.99, then this is pretty good.

Amazon Basics DVD+R 100pk $12.90/each - limit of 3 per customer

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-4-7-GB-16x-DVD/dp/B001TOD7MO/...

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Amazon Basics DVD+R 100pk (9.84kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
A reviewer on Amazon wrote a few days ago that the MID Code = AML-003-00 which is Umedisc Ltd

GeorgeT (Dec. 30, 2012 @ 8:07a) |

I was going to order a few more stacks at the even cheaper price/ Well, as usual, I missed it. Back up to $24.99.

hkgfnt (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 7:26p) |

well i verify all brands, and sometimes use multipar too http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA021385/ to generate parity inf... (more)

Aihyah (Jan. 01, 2013 @ 6:51p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Anyone know the manufacture ID of these?

Someone mentioned UME02. Lots of people mentioned only writing at 4X on these discs. Too slow for me.

VirtuaL said:   Someone mentioned UME02. Lots of people mentioned only writing at 4X on these discs. Too slow for me.
Although, the price is nice, I think I'll pass. I haven't seen blank DVDs sub $15 in awhile now.

Burn speed don't know.

burn speed says 16 X

I'm in for one thanks .

I've used these many times, typically burns between 4-6x for me

Newegg has Ritek 16X DVD+R on sale now for $15.99 FS.

I have burned hundreds of the Amazon and Ritek variety with no coaster. But then I always burn at half (8x) of the advertised speed and verify them all. In for another stack. Thank you OP.

So weird that the -R version are nearly $10 more...

monkeywarplane said:   So weird that the -R version are nearly $10 more...

don't 99.5% of all burners support all formats of media nowdays anyway? you can run over to a microcenter, and pick up a multi-format burner for 19.99 o.e.m.; i never could figure out why they (-r discs) were costlier tho.

n 4 1 op!

Just got a couple degrees hotter, now $12.35!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TOD7MO/

now @ $11.98

I still won't buy them. LOL

I did go for the Ritek deal at $15.99 from Newegg. I've had good results with the Ritek +R media over the years.

monkeywarplane said:   Just got a couple degrees hotter, now $12.35!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TOD7MO/

$11.98 now.

SteveAustin said:   I still won't buy them. LOL

I did go for the Ritek deal at $15.99 from Newegg. I've had good results with the Ritek +R media over the years.

Well I don't know who makes the disks..... it's possible they're even Ritek's though I couldn't say for sure.

You've had good results with Ritek.... I've have bad results with Newegg lol. I've got some of these Amazon disks.... gotta get around to opening them up and seeing who makes them lol.

It's sad seeing the price drop just to know that I've all ready ordered my 3. Good deal thx OP .

Descent101 said:   SteveAustin said:   I still won't buy them. LOL

Well I don't know who makes the disks..... it's possible they're even Ritek's though I couldn't say for sure.

You've had good results with Ritek.... I've have bad results with Newegg lol. I've got some of these Amazon disks.... gotta get around to opening them up and seeing who makes them lol.

It's sad seeing the price drop just to know that I've all ready ordered my 3. Good deal thx OP .

Let us know what code(s) the discs end up being. I was tempted to buy them but too many folks are topping out at burning at 4x. I didn't feel like rolling the dice, since I'm usually burning 5-10 discs back to back and I'm usually pressed for time.

I definitely gave the OP a green when this deal was originally posted.

Down to $11.63.

Getting crazier with every price drop!

my kids use these to make Christmas ornaments...I miss the days of all the free CD's

A reviewer on Amazon wrote a few days ago that the MID Code = AML-003-00 which is Umedisc Ltd

I was going to order a few more stacks at the even cheaper price/ Well, as usual, I missed it. Back up to $24.99.

VirtuaL said:   Someone mentioned UME02. Lots of people mentioned only writing at 4X on these discs. Too slow for me.

there are always "those people" around in such deals. if your burner is old, finicky or just has never had its firmware updated, it may burn newer discs at a slower speed. I got mine in and they burn at 16x on my drive so I don't see the problem.

hkgfnt said:   I have burned hundreds of the Amazon and Ritek variety with no coaster. But then I always burn at half (8x) of the advertised speed and verify them all. In for another stack. Thank you OP.

well i verify all brands, and sometimes use multipar too http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA021385/ to generate parity information to add another safe guard. if its important then you should burn on two brands for a double copy, and one more off site. people put too much faith in "brands", the only thing you can rely on is having extra backups and perhaps parity information to reconstruct any corruption. multipar is the multithreaded version of quickpar, with parity files you can create 5% recovery archive that is only 5% the size of the files protected, yet any 5% of that set of files can be reconstructed if corruption occurs...its neat stuff.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014