• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Foxconn RM3-H2 Intel Core i7, i5, i3 and Pentium (LGA1155) Intel Socket H2(LGA1155) Intel H61 HDMI Barebone Kit @ Newegg - $69.99
was $109.99
Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Foxconn RM3-H2 Intel Core i7, i5, i3 and Pentium (LGA1155) Intel Socket H2(LGA1155) Intel H61 HDMI Barebone Kit
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Includes:
Case
Mobo (microATX?, miniATX?, ATX???)
Power supply 200W

Requires:
Processor (supports i3, i5, i7. i7 ~$200-300)
memory (supports up to 8G, ~$30-60)
hard drives (removable media drives to load OS, looks like 1 slot facing. 3tb sata HD ~$130-190)

So tweaked out nicely, $69.99+Proc+Ram+HD = $429.99-619.99. That's good pricing for an i7 system, but not much info on the embedded video. Not going to be high-end there. If you have any serious video requirements, you'll have to add another ~$100-250 for a good video card to fit in the one expansion slot. Only one expansion slot and no indication if it's low profile or not.

Does anyone know whether this power supply is sufficient to support an i7, sata hd and power a few usb devices on that 200w power supply?

The motherboard supports CPUs up to 65W only. With a 65W i7 a 200W power supply is more than enough for a HD and a few USB devices.

I bought this when it was $60 a few weeks ago. Overall I am pleased, although the power supply fan is noisy.

The expansion slot is indeed low-profile.

The BIOS mine came with did not support Ivy Bridge CPUs. You will have to flash the BIOS before installing an Ivy Bridge CPU.

so why all the BS in the title?

why not just say "case with a MB"?

lordoffire said:   so why all the BS in the title?

(and power supply)

Im the CEO of SEO.

That's what I was thinking. I guess it's a barebones "barebones" kit.

Wasted the title due to popular demand.

It was $59.99 at Thanksgiving.

Farfisa850 said:   Wasted the title due to popular demand.

I did'n see nothin.

Why do people tall about embedded video still. The video is on the cpu package, so the "embedded" video depends on what cpu you buy in addition to this kit
infinitemonkeys said:   Includes:
Case
Mobo (microATX?, miniATX?, ATX???)
Power supply 200W

Requires:
Processor (supports i3, i5, i7. i7 ~$200-300)
memory (supports up to 8G, ~$30-60)
hard drives (removable media drives to load OS, looks like 1 slot facing. 3tb sata HD ~$130-190)

So tweaked out nicely, $69.99+Proc+Ram+HD = $429.99-619.99. That's good pricing for an i7 system, but not much info on the embedded video. Not going to be high-end there. If you have any serious video requirements, you'll have to add another ~$100-250 for a good video card to fit in the one expansion slot. Only one expansion slot and no indication if it's low profile or not.

Does anyone know whether this power supply is sufficient to support an i7, sata hd and power a few usb devices on that 200w power supply?

The title clearly says, "Barebone" which is a term that doesn't get used very much anymore but that explicitly means that it includes "case, motherboard and power supply" and nothing else.

This is good for a HTPC - that seems to be what it was designed to do.

FinancialAnalyst said:   lordoffire said:   so why all the BS in the title?

The title clearly says, "Barebone" which is a term that doesn't get used very much anymore but that explicitly means that it includes "case, motherboard and power supply" and nothing else.

Barebones can mean many things. It really depended upon the vendor. A barebone system could omit the CPU, RAM, OS, drive(s), keyboard, etc.

FinancialAnalyst said:   lordoffire said:   so why all the BS in the title?

If you looked at the first post, you'd see the title was clearly changed.

have them take it back to 59.99

Personally I think a $300 i3 laptop from Dell is much better value.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014