Onkyo save 30% on refurbish

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The Cyber Monday deal is back with coupon code CMAS. If you are a member of club onkyo (free) you get some additional benefits. When all is said and done you can get a TX-NR515 for under $200 with the same 1 year warranty that you get with a new unit. Some will undoubtedly be tempted to bitch and moan about the HDMI pass through issues. those have been documented and resolved. As usual, it is up to the shopper to do due diligence.This is just a forum for decent deals on merchandise given prevailing retail prices. Lets not hijack the thread with technical discussions.

Member Summary

TX-NR515
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Any new codes available?
TIA!

cubexco (Jan. 25, 2013 @ 7:46a) |

yeah, code red... (all in good fun)

psxzombie (Jan. 25, 2013 @ 8:04a) |

Thanks for bumping a long dead thread just to beg for coupons. Enjoy your red!

quickNdirty (Jan. 25, 2013 @ 8:08a) |

Free Ship
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

good deal on TX-NR616 for $244

Part Description Quantity Price Each
TXNR616 7.2-Ch THX Certified Network A/V Receiver - Reconditioned (T3) 1 $349.00

subtotal : $349.00
- promotion : $104.70
- Onkyo Points : $10.00
+ tax : $0.00
+ shipping : $0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

total : $234.30

oldsouthbw said:   good deal on TX-NR616 for $244

Part Description Quantity Price Each
TXNR616 7.2-Ch THX Certified Network A/V Receiver - Reconditioned (T3) 1 $349.00

subtotal : $349.00
- promotion : $104.70
- Onkyo Points : $10.00
+ tax : $0.00
+ shipping : $0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

total : $234.30

Ack! Better then the last deal. I wonder if they'll price adjust? Based on their horrible communication, I would guess not...

delete double post

My TX-SR600 is still going strong!! Still tempted..

I looked over the hts5500 and priced it at $287 after the discounts and I priced check it on Amazon for a new one and its $254.

Any one have this one? seems good at the Amazon price

I just bought NR-616 and I love it. I tried a Pioneer Elite 42 and Onkyo is so much better and I'm just getting it setup.

Hate it when people don't add links.

jaina5 said:   Hate it when people don't add links.

Was hoping for a price adjustment, but the TXNR616 is out of stock.

Here's the link to the TXNR515: LINK

You need to be logged in to see the $299 price. 30% off gets the price down to $209. If you just signed up, you should have 10 onkyo points to bring it down to $199.

TXNR616 back in stock. $244 shipped for club members, $234 if you just signed up and use your onkyo points.

LINK

I called to get a price adjustment, but "we don't do that".

I went for the txnr414 for $178 shipped, its 5.1, just fine for me. Thanks op

So I looked up the TXNR515 on Amazon and it's going for $300 new as opposed to $350 refurbished from onkyo.

And the TXNR616 is $375 new on Amazon vs $400 refurbished from onkyo. Are we really gaining any value from getting 30% off refurbished? :?

Just purchased the HTRC330. My old Sony home theater was lacking the modern hooksup, so for $90 shipped, I replaced it, reusing the speakers.

https://www.shoponkyo.com/detail.cfm?productid=HT-RC330&modelid=...

drew2money said:   Just purchased the HTRC330. My old Sony home theater was lacking the modern hooksup, so for $90 shipped, I replaced it, reusing the speakers.

https://www.shoponkyo.com/detail.cfm?productid=HT-RC330&modelid=...
I got the same one on the last round. the receiver was brand new even though the box had a sticker that said 'refurb'. must be excess inventory.

ensignlee said:   So I looked up the TXNR515 on Amazon and it's going for $300 new as opposed to $350 refurbished from onkyo.

And the TXNR616 is $375 new on Amazon vs $400 refurbished from onkyo. Are we really gaining any value from getting 30% off refurbished? :?

You need to sign in as a Club Onkyo member to get the club price. For the TXNR616, the price is then $350 - 30% -$10 new member points = $235, So, $140 savings are not worth it for a refurb? I would say $235 is a steal for this receiver!

Refurbs from Onkyo are a crap shoot.

Code not valid.

5SpdSolara said:   Refurbs from Onkyo are a crap shoot.

Maybe, but you could do what I did: Bought the 616 with an additional 2 year warranty for a total of ~$290. That's $85 cheaper than Amazon with a year longer warranty. With a 3 year warranty who cares if it's refurbished?!

btw: So far, mine works great!

Which Onkyo is the cheapest one that starts having the automatic tuning? The 414 seems like it would suit my needs, but I'd really like it to automatically tune itself based on your room, and I've read reviews that say that the 414 doesn't do so.

Does the 515? Or you have to step up to a 616 or 717?

I ordered the 515...definitely a step up from my 10 year old onkyo...now to find some new speakers since I am in the spending mood!

After some google fu and some forum searching, it seems like the difference is MultiEQ vs 2EQ, and you have to setp up to the 616 to get MultiEQ. Le sad face.

It seem as though the 616 is no longer in stock? :'(

I'm not sure what multiEQ is, but according to the specs listed on Amazon for the 616 and the 515 they both have 2EQ. I can confirm that the 616 calibration worked great with my 7.1 setup. Click the link and scroll down to the comparison chart for reference:

Amazon link

Be advised that Onkyo had a recall about 8 months ago as their receivers were failing. These are the returns...the issue is probably fixed
BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT THIS IS USED MDSE...with that in mind and that their Customer Service is thin...before you jump and buy it.

belgique said:   Be advised that Onkyo had a recall about 8 months ago as their receivers were failing. These are the returns...the issue is probably fixed
BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT THIS IS USED MDSE...with that in mind and that their Customer Service is thin...before you jump and buy it.

For 2 Bengies w/tax & shippping for TX515, Reward>Risk. For 2 Jacksons; 3 years warranty>sleep easier.

If you've followed the forums, most of issues have been resolved with fw updates. Are there some issues? Yes, but of the thousands sold, I expect to see some complaints.

belgique said:   Be advised that Onkyo had a recall about 8 months ago as their receivers were failing. These are the returns...the issue is probably fixed

This actually gives me some peace of mind. I doubt that Onkyo would send out a bunch of defective units with a 1 year warranty. However, if you still have doubts then do what I did and add another 2 years to the warranty for $40. Even with the extra 40 it's still a great deal compared to new, and you get a 50% longer warranty.

sharrowm said:   I'm not sure what multiEQ is, but according to the specs listed on Amazon for the 616 and the 515 they both have 2EQ. I can confirm that the 616 calibration worked great with my 7.1 setup. Click the link and scroll down to the comparison chart for reference:

Amazon link

Oh, you're right. Le sad face. Even the 616 has only 2EQ insteaed of MultEQ or MultEQ XT. Doh

Any new codes available?
TIA!

cubexco said:   Any new codes available?
TIA!
yeah, code red... (all in good fun)

cubexco said:   Any new codes available?
TIA!

Thanks for bumping a long dead thread just to beg for coupons. Enjoy your red!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015