• Page :
  • Text Only
sams club's are 4 gauge? heck i can use these for cheap welding cables! thanks!

crtt said:   

if you want a set of jumper cable's that will last a lifetime
buy 2 20' welding cable from eBay
than just go to a hardware store and buy ends (welding clamp ends work best)
and you'll have yourself a great set of cable's price 70-100.00

So you are saying a $100 jumper cable is better than a $15 jumper cable? Gee....thanks.....

freakinout said:   crtt said:   

if you want a set of jumper cable's that will last a lifetime
buy 2 20' welding cable from eBay
than just go to a hardware store and buy ends (welding clamp ends work best)
and you'll have yourself a great set of cable's price 70-100.00

So you are saying a $100 jumper cable is better than a $15 jumper cable? Gee....thanks.....

Freakinout
i took time to try and explain and help others with a decision about this deal. if you want to be sarcastic then do us all a favor and crawl back in what ever hole you come out of!

Simply put, the 8 gauge aluminum cables are about the same as 10 gauge copper cables. I have helped many people that were trying to jump a car with POS 10 gauge cables that were not getting the job done. I use 20 foot 4 gauge cables, and they worked fine. The OP's cable may work in a pinch, and certainly better than nothing. But, as others noted, I'd suggest longer and heavier gauge cables.

crtt said:   

Freakinout
i took time to try and explain and help others with a decision about this deal. if you want to be sarcastic then do us all a favor and crawl back in what ever hole you come out of!

Try to justify however you like, but IMO you took the time to thread crap, nothing else

It's helpful when you are comparing the merits of another similiarly priced item, it's also helpful when you are showing that a cheaper item is just as good (or better) than the item posted.

It's ridiculous and a thread crap to tell us that something that costs 7x more is better than the item in the OP

comprx said:   A much better option is these cables at Sam's Club for just a few dollars more. 20 feet long, 4 gauge all-copper cables for $18.73.

thanks for the info on the Sam's Club 20 ft 4 gauge for $18.73. I have some 12 ft 4 gauge in the vehicles that I would like to replace with the 20 ft 4 gauge Peak cables from Sam's Club.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014