• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Die Hard 12ft. - 175A - 8 Gauge Booster Cable

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_082W004294283001P

8 Gauge Booster Cable Helps You Jump Start Your Car

12ft. Booster Cable from Die Hard provides you with what you need to jump start your car or truck. When your battery needs a jump start, you want to have a booster cable that you can rely on to get your vehicle started and you back on the road. This yellow and black booster cable has 8 gauge copper clad aluminum wire that is combined with a terminal biting jaw design to provide excellent quality and performance.

8 Gauge Booster Cable is 175 amp rated and 12 feet long for maximum convenience. It performs well in front-to-front hookups for vehicle jump starting. No matter what the weather is like, this booster cable can help get your vehicle up and running again. The biting jaw design features a copper plated jaw that is designed to offer you the best conductivity and power transfer. The terminal biting clamps also include a heavy duty spring to give you vise-like griping power.

12ft. Booster Cable is a great length for front-to-front hookup availability.
The standard amp handling power easily handles 175 amps.
Terminal biting clamps and heavy duty spring are combined for a vice-like grip.
Jaws are copper plated to offer the best conductivity and power transfer available.
Polarity identification is easy with these color coded cables so that you can quickly get the job done.
Vinyl coated clamps are protected against rust and corrosion and designed to last.
The 8 gauge copper clad aluminum wire provides excellent performance every time.

Kmart.com
Need a Kmart.com coupon that earns 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Booster Cable 12'
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Perfect deal to post on Christmas Eve: "Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."

Shows $14.99 for me

Solipsist said:   Shows $14.99 for me

Even better!

One thing to note is that the cable is copper clad aluminum. Aluminum wire has a conductivity of approximately 61% of copper, so an aluminum wire has the almost same resistance as a copper wire 2 AWG smaller. (Which has 62.9% of the area.)

Welcome to the party, pal!

bguy said:   One thing to note is that the cable is copper clad aluminum. Aluminum wire has a conductivity of approximately 61% of copper, so an aluminum wire has the almost same resistance as a copper wire 2 AWG smaller. (Which has 62.9% of the area.)

I am glad someone finally pointed that out. I wonder if the Amazon ones from AAA company that is often posted made from copper?

Two problems with these cables. They are only 12 feet long, and the 8 gauge aluminum conductors are pretty wimpy. The length is not an issue if you can get the fronts of both vehicles together, but if you're stuck one car behind the other these won't typically reach.

A much better option is these cables at Sam's Club for just a few dollars more. 20 feet long, 4 gauge all-copper cables for $18.73.

Another note or 2

8 Gauge is not really that good for jumper cable's
also 12' is considered a little short

if you want a set of jumper cable's that will last a lifetime
buy 2 20' welding cable from eBay
than just go to a hardware store and buy ends (welding clamp ends work best)
and you'll have yourself a great set of cable's price 70-100.00

if you have a big or very dead battery these cheap 8 gauge cable's may not conduct/transfer enough juice to the battery in need or you may have to have them connected for a very very long time and they will get hot
also note that these are 175 amps most car batteries are 400(very small) to 1000+

sams club's are 4 gauge? heck i can use these for cheap welding cables! thanks!

crtt said:   

So you are saying a $100 jumper cable is better than a $15 jumper cable? Gee....thanks.....

freakinout said:   crtt said:   

So you are saying a $100 jumper cable is better than a $15 jumper cable? Gee....thanks.....

Freakinout
i took time to try and explain and help others with a decision about this deal. if you want to be sarcastic then do us all a favor and crawl back in what ever hole you come out of!

Simply put, the 8 gauge aluminum cables are about the same as 10 gauge copper cables. I have helped many people that were trying to jump a car with POS 10 gauge cables that were not getting the job done. I use 20 foot 4 gauge cables, and they worked fine. The OP's cable may work in a pinch, and certainly better than nothing. But, as others noted, I'd suggest longer and heavier gauge cables.

crtt said:   

Freakinout
i took time to try and explain and help others with a decision about this deal. if you want to be sarcastic then do us all a favor and crawl back in what ever hole you come out of!

Try to justify however you like, but IMO you took the time to thread crap, nothing else

It's helpful when you are comparing the merits of another similiarly priced item, it's also helpful when you are showing that a cheaper item is just as good (or better) than the item posted.

It's ridiculous and a thread crap to tell us that something that costs 7x more is better than the item in the OP

comprx said:   A much better option is these cables at Sam's Club for just a few dollars more. 20 feet long, 4 gauge all-copper cables for $18.73.

thanks for the info on the Sam's Club 20 ft 4 gauge for $18.73. I have some 12 ft 4 gauge in the vehicles that I would like to replace with the 20 ft 4 gauge Peak cables from Sam's Club.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014