Kaspersky AV 3PC FAR FS at Newegg

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Kaspersky AV 3PC
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great, lightweight AV; I've used their Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) also, but it is much more demanding on a computer, particularly anything older than 4-5 years. Stick with just the AV for those systems.

KAV is NOT lightweight!!!
It is quite demanding on your internet service since it communicates with its servers on almost EVERY keystoke you make!
Everytime you open a program or go to a website (even one you go to several times a day)!
Your internet connection speed (thoroughput) is hog tied to a standstill, wasting alot of your time.
A big pain in the a55!

This is a recent problem of their product, starting about 2-3 years ago.

Web_Settings
Disclaimer
sloppy1 said:   
It is quite demanding on your internet service since it communicates with its servers on almost EVERY keystoke you make!
Everytime you open a program or go to a website (even one you go to several times a day)!

What have you done to try and resolve it? I'm not certain complaining about anything actually fixes problems, but it does may cranky people feel better.

Go to your Kaspersky system Tray Icon, choose Settings, then Web Antivirus. Click the 'Settings' button. Notice the highlights in my attachment. Sure it will check every URL, if you have it set to.

Be smart about the sites you click on and disable unneeded components. I use the AV/Firewall/Application control (KIS product, not KAV). Everything else is disabled. There is a slight drag on the machine, but nothing extraordinary.

sloppy1 said:   KAV is NOT lightweight!!!
Your internet connection speed (thoroughput) is hog tied to a standstill, wasting alot of your time.
A big pain in the a55!

This is a recent problem of their product, starting about 2-3 years ago.

Huh? I've had no such problems.

KAV is my AV of Choice.
If you think it bogs your system down install Norton and see what happens.

CAREFUL... you have to mail in the stuff my the 2nd of Jan. Think Newegg will ship it to you in time to do that?

Electronifan said:   CAREFUL... you have to mail in the stuff my the 2nd of Jan. Think Newegg will ship it to you in time to do that?You must be looking at the wrong rebate:

7. Mail all of these items to the address noted on the registration form. Submission must be postmarked no later than 02/02/2013 in order to qualify.

Submission means what I mail IN though, right?

Electronifan said:   Submission means what I mail IN though, right?Yes

does it works in windows 8 enterprice

I must be missing something. Product comes to 49.99 less 35.00 mail in rebate is $15.00. How is this free? What am i missing?

^^You snooze... you lose. It was $35 few days ago.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014