Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

My Book Live 3TB
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The reviews are very mixed. Otherwise would've jumped on this.

Somehow I bet this is a green drive inside, even thought WD now maks "nas" drives with the Red line.

Reviews of Red drives makes me hope this has a green drive inside...

This was $99 in the past month... mixed reviews make this a gamble at $175 even though that's a good 10-12% lower than everywhere else.

ash =o)

preed4963 said:   Reviews of Red drives makes me hope this has a green drive inside...

Seemed to be a function of how they were packed for shipping.

I've got 7 with 0 DOA and 0 bad sectors and 7 clean extended SMART tests.

edit: One factor for the reviews seems to be that Adorama and Newegg pack poorly. Mine were all Amazon packed.

ashVID said:   This was $99 in the past month... mixed reviews make this a gamble at $175 even though that's a good 10-12% lower than everywhere else.

ash =o)

I sincerely doubt the 3TB version has ever been $99.....

XYNZ said:   ashVID said:   This was $99 in the past month... mixed reviews make this a gamble at $175 even though that's a good 10-12% lower than everywhere else.

ash =o)

According to camelcamelcamel the lowest this has ever been from Amazon is $169.99. Camel price history

The 2TB version is what was $99.

Also: You won't find any NAS drives on Amazon with stellar reviews. All are "mixed." I think this is partly a function of the "people with bad experiences are more likely to write a review" phenomenon, and also the fact that NAS drives are more complicated than typical external drives, thus more room for trouble.

All I can say is that I own two of these (in the 2 TB flavor) and they've worked flawlessly.

bjdodge said:   XYNZ said:   ashVID said:   This was $99 in the past month... mixed reviews make this a gamble at $175 even though that's a good 10-12% lower than everywhere else.

ash =o)

According to camelcamelcamel the lowest this has ever been from Amazon is $169.99. Camel price history

The 2TB version is what was $99.

The 3TB Seagate wireless NAS version was $99 after the 20% off a single item coupon BF weekend at Staples.com.

The 3TB NAS Seagate was $99 at Staples before coupon, my mistake it was not the WD version.

ash =o)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014