• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Super Hot

Newegg.com is carrying the Lenovo IdeaPad A2109 9" 16GB Android Tablet PC + Free SanDisk Ultra 8 GB MicroSD Card for $229.99
Shipping cost on this item is $4.99
Final Price: $229.99 + $4.99 = $234.98 Shipped

Compare: J&R ($289.99) | Adorama.com ($289.99) | Amazon.com ($289.96) | Office Depot ($249.99)

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

ideapad
Thanks JayMatt19
Disclaimer
NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.20GHz
Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
NVIDIA ULP GeForce

Free Gift: Free Gift: SanDisk Ultra 8 GB MicroSD High Capacity (microSDHC) - 1 Card (value:$10.99)
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks like this has been updated to Jelly Bean. A mediocre screen seems to be the major drawback...

Regular Newegg price is 249 so good deal for this tablet and bonus card.

magnafides said:   Looks like this has been updated to Jelly Bean. A mediocre screen seems to be the major drawback...Screen is 1280X800, same as the Nexus 7 that gets awesome reviews (and really is awesome!). How is that "mediocre"?

Sonofspam said:   magnafides said:   Looks like this has been updated to Jelly Bean. A mediocre screen seems to be the major drawback...Screen is 1280X800, same as the Nexus 7 that gets awesome reviews (and really is awesome!). How is that "mediocre"?

Resolution isn't everything. This has a cheap TN panel, where the N7 has a PLS or IPS panel (can't remember which). TN generally has inferior color reproduction and viewing angles.

Edit: Also my comment was based on hands-on user feedback that I read, not just me looking at the specs.

I've not used a tablet before but looks like good deal. How would this compare with an Ipad, noticed this is less than half the price? For a casual user would this suffice or will the IPad offer a lot more things? What are the major differences of this model when compared to the IPad?

There is a lot of glare and sometimes the screen doesn't respond as well as my Ipod touch. Otherwise it works great. I don't have a problem with colors, viewing angle or resolution but I'm not too picky. Battery Life is Good. I'm getting used to the android OS. There is only one case for it on eBay (comes in several colors) but kindle fire 8.9 case will sort of fit based on measurements. It's bulkier and heavier than the ipad. There are a few apps I'd like to have but they are not for android.

Sonofspam said:   magnafides said:   Looks like this has been updated to Jelly Bean. A mediocre screen seems to be the major drawback...Screen is 1280X800, same as the Nexus 7 that gets awesome reviews (and really is awesome!). How is that "mediocre"?

It's also a significantly larger screen, so the effective resolution is lower. The Kindle Fire HD 8.9 is much better hardware, though you have to hack it to get access to Google Play.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014