• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Update: Just under 2 hrs left at Vegas Link

Update - Still going on at the Ashville site.
http://www.groupon.com/deals/go-daddy-com-december-asheville?c=d...
Ends 11/3 at midnight.

GoDaddy Website-Building Products (67% Off). Two Options Available.

$10 for $30 or $25 for $70

LINK

The Fine Print

Expires Feb 27, 2013
Limit 1 per person. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Valid online only. Online registration required. Must be 18 or older. Gift cards, Paypal, Alipay and CCavenue may not be used to redeem offer. Goods sold by GoDaddy.com. Paid value will be applied to first purchase. Must be an existing GoDaddy.com customer or create a new customer account to redeem.

Not sure if this can be used on renewals or stacked with other coupons. Doesn't state that it can't, but I put in a question about it and will let you know when I receive a reply.

Update: Appears this can be used on renewals and stacked with other GoDaddy coupons. And FW FatCash

Thanks Lugs and jermainPropane

Groupon
See Groupon discounts that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
GoDaddy
See GoDaddy discounts that earn 7.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Logo
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
ALERT ALERT ALERT!!

GoDaddy has REVERSED my account and removed the Groupon credit. Today, I tried to add my fourth Grou... (more)

Bizatch (Jan. 07, 2013 @ 9:38a) |

Dang. That sucks. Glad I used mine within the hour of purchase.
Further update on CashBack. I only got the 15% ebates Cas... (more)

machinez (Jan. 08, 2013 @ 7:07a) |

My code says it's invalid now too.

Lugs (Feb. 04, 2013 @ 6:48p) |

The deal ends tonight (12/30) in most cities but Ashville one shows 4 days left.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/go-daddy-com-december-asheville?c=dnb&p=7

Still going for Las Vegas too.

Also available in Canada Saskatoon
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Awesome if it works on renewals, have a bunch coming up

Yep, renewals would make this awesome. I'd be willing to bet it can't be stacked with coupons though.

Which makes it not very good. Also I haven't seen anything saying it CAN be used on renewals... anybody confirm that at all or just guessing?

How is 67% off not good? You've seen renewal codes for better?

I got this response on GoDaddy's Facebook page:

"Aaron, Great question! The Groupon should be used as a general credit, renewals or registrations. If you run into any issues processing, please let me know, I'm happy to help. ^Luis"

I was able to use it with renewals and stack a coupon code too! Shows up instantly on Groupon, just take the code from there then redeem it at:
http://www.godaddy.com/redeem/groupon.aspx. It will show up as Credit Balance when you check out

Lugs said:   I got this response on GoDaddy's Facebook page:

"Aaron, Great question! The Groupon should be used as a general credit, renewals or registrations. If you run into any issues processing, please let me know, I'm happy to help. ^Luis"

Thanks Lugs. Never thought to ask at GoDaddy's FB page.

I just stacked the GDBBREN8 code with the Groupon credit. The end result was that I was able to add a year to (renew) 10 of my domains for a total cost of around $41 (before 12% FatCash). This deal is smoking hot!

Thank you Lugs. I was able to use the Groupon, stack the $40 off and hopefully get the FatCash

Thanks OP! Just added 8 years to My Domain for $25! Only thing that sucks is that I just paid $17 to add 2 years less than 72 hours ago

Duplicate the deal across multiple cities....ripped from SD.

www.groupon.com/dayton/deals/go-daddy-com-december-dayton
www.groupon.com/memphis/deals/go-daddy-com-december-memphis
www.groupon.com/buffalo/deals/go-daddy-com-december-buffalo
www.groupon.com/albuquerque/deals/go-daddy-com-december-albuquer...
www.groupon.com/baltimore/deals/go-daddy-com-december-baltimore

Lugs said:   I just stacked the GDBBREN8 code with the Groupon credit. The end result was that I was able to add a year to (renew) 10 of my domains for a total cost of around $41 (before 12% FatCash). This deal is smoking hot!
Make sure you use the code above to make your credit go further on renewals.

Just renewed both my domains to 10 years for 2 x $25 credit and another $7-8 on a credit card.

$25 Groupón - $1 FatWallet cásh back - $10.50 Ebátes cásh back = $13.50 / 8 Years = $1.69 a year for dotcom. This is the best we will ever pay for domain renewals, stock up guys.

Edit: I already bought and received both cash backs as posted above.

johnfw said:   $25 Groupón - $1 FatWallet cásh back - $10.50 Ebátes cásh back = $13.50 / 8 Years = $1.69 a year for dotcom. This is the best we will ever pay for domain renewals, stock up guys.

Is the $10.50 a % or are you including Ebates signing up bonus? More info please.

I picked up $100 in Groupons. Works out to this

1. Buy 4 x $25 Groupons (separate city links) using FatCash (separate purchases). Get $4 Cash Back (4%)
2. Apply the Groupon Codes at http://www.godaddy.com/redeem/groupon.aspx They will be added to your account as credit
3. Go through FatCash to GoDaddy and pocket another 12% in Cash Back. Spend your $280 in credit. Get $33.60 Cash Back. Apply GoDaddy coupons for better prices

$100 would net you back $37.60 in Cash Back, so $62.40 for $280 in GoDaddy Credit. This is a steal, and if you have domains you renew yearly, go ahead and get the 5 year renewal. Won't pay a dime for years. I spend at least $100 a year in renewals, so now I won't have to for the next few . . .

mikefxu said:   johnfw said:   $25 Groupón - $1 FatWallet cásh back - $10.50 Ebátes cásh back = $13.50 / 8 Years = $1.69 a year for dotcom. This is the best we will ever pay for domain renewals, stock up guys.

Is the $10.50 a % or are you including Ebates signing up bonus? More info please.

$10.50 is 15% of $70. Ebates pays 15% cash báck on GoDaddy purchases. Acutally it will be slightly less because I think they don't pay cásh back on the ICANN fee.

add shopdiscover for buying from Groupon

GoDaddy won't let me check out after adding credit and going to renew domains.

Tried several different cards and keep getting the error, "There was a problem authorizing your credit. Please verify your payment information or use an alternate form of payment."

Have we confirmed that multiple purchases of the Groupon vouchers will stack on the same GoDaddy account AND that you can check out successfully?

sychosteve said:   Have we confirmed that multiple purchases of the Groupon vouchers will stack on the same GoDaddy account AND that you can check out successfully?

yes, it works.

Great find OP! Thanks everyone for posting the details. I did it just like Tripp1269 instructed and it worked perfectly.

I also had a problem with checkout erroring out. I called into GoDaddy.com they processed the payment transaction with both the coupon code and the $70 applied Groupon credit.

Nice to get a 9 year renewal package and privacy for so cheap!

TY for the reply, and THANK YOU OP! This is scorching hot!!

Does this work for renewing SSL?

Hinzinho said:   Does this work for renewing SSL?

It's just a credit. This applies/works for ANYTHING!

Anyone try purchasing this Groupon via multiple accounts, but then adding the credit into GoDaddy in one account? I'm debating about purchasing a second one under my wife's name, but concerned that maybe I won't be able to apply a second code to my GoDaddy account.

WideOpenSpaces said:   Anyone try purchasing this Groupon via multiple accounts, but then adding the credit into GoDaddy in one account? I'm debating about purchasing a second one under my wife's name, but concerned that maybe I won't be able to apply a second code to my GoDaddy account.

Hundreds of people have already done this so it seems okay. You could always just create a second GoDaddy account for your wife and push her some domains.

WideOpenSpaces said:   Anyone try purchasing this Groupon via multiple accounts, but then adding the credit into GoDaddy in one account? I'm debating about purchasing a second one under my wife's name, but concerned that maybe I won't be able to apply a second code to my GoDaddy account.

That shouldn't matter at all. The code isn't bound to your GoDaddy account in any way until you actually enter it. As far as using multiple codes on one account goes, I've picked up 4 so far and used them on my GoDaddy account with no trouble. Thinking of getting a couple more so I won't have to worry about domain names for a long, long time. (1 long is apparently 5 years lol).

After I applied the credit to my GoDaddy account. What would happen if I don't full use all my credit? Will it goes away?

Hinzinho. If you check your GoDaddy store credit, you'll see the credit is split into two items: one with the money you paid, never expires; and another with (the face value - money you paid), which will expire on Feb 2013.

FYI, Discover card gave you 15% when shopping at Groupon, you need to link from discover website

Deal ends in about 30 min. 12am Central

Edit looks like it's going on for another 24 hr. Guess they extended it.

Asheville, Denver and El Paso still have almost 5 days left to purchase, and their vouchers expire March 6th.

wow, using code CJCFW99D, made a 1 year domain transfer go down to 1.17 for the first three domains. when i go back to transfer page, it shows this as the detail offers.

SPECIAL OFFER! .COM just $0.99*! Additional .COMs just $7.99 * per year! View offer details
*Plus ICANN fee of $0.18 per domain name per year.$0.99 price good for the first year of three new or transfer .COMs per customer. Additional years or .COMs may be purchased for $7.99 per year. Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Customers may not use gift cards, PayPal® or AliPay to redeem this offer. After the first year, discounted products will renew at the then-current renewal list price. Your discount will be applied in your shopping cart.

mannyd said:   wow, using code CJCFW99D, made a 1 year domain transfer go down to 1.17 for the first three domains. when i go back to transfer page, it shows this as the detail offers.

Thanks for sharing that code! I got 10 years for a new .com for $75 in "GoDaddy credit", which using this Groupon deal, just costs $25-ish.

Does anyone know if ShopDiscover can be used multiple times a day for the same merchant or will the credit be applied only once? Thanks.

Nice find. renewed 35 domains for ~$75 if the cashbacks are honored

Update: got 1.02 x 4 CashBack within the hour from fatwallet for Groupon. Waiting on ebates for GoDaddy CashBack. Usually never get CashBack on renewal using gdbbren8 via fatwallet

The deal ends tonight (12/30) in most cities but the Ashville one shows 4 days left.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/go-daddy-com-december-asheville?c=d...

Deal Still going. Somehow ended up in Expired forum.

Skipping 14 Messages...
My code says it's invalid now too.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014