• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Western Digital WD My Passport 2TB external drive for $110.49 at Staples after PM with Best Buy and after the 15% Staples coupon which is available here:

Staples coupon - exp 12/29/2012
WD 2tb My Passport drive at BB
WD 2tb My Passport drive at Staples

You get a free eco-bag too!

Best Buy has these drives for $129.99 on sale this week with a free carrying case (which you won't get via this deal, but I didn't need the case anyway). Take the Best Buy ad to Staples and ask them to pricematch the drive. YMMV because Staples may say that the drive at BB is silver while the ones they sell are black. However, I got around this by showing them the side of the display box which shows all of the other colors that WD sells for this drive.

The sales associate needs to verify stock against Best Buy but beyond that you should be good to go. Apply the Staples coupon for 15% off to get you down to $110.49, which is about 5.5 cents per gigabyte.

I picked up two today at $110.49 each + local sales tax. And don't forget to be nice to the sales folks!

Happy New Year!

(credit goes to SD for the coupon)

Member Summary

WD My Passport 2TB external drive
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Did this deal today at Staples and it went smoothly. I wish Staples had the free carrying case though. Second thought maybe could've taken to the coupon to best buy and use it there and got the free case. Notetheless, got a nice drive and burned a bunch of rewards.

No go for me. Tried at OfficeMax, then Staples, and then bestbuy. OfficeMax does not carry it in store, Staples claimed that the silver one is on sale and they only sell the black one and would not budge on the issue, and bestbuy would not take competitor's coupons. They said they will only pricematch. Struck out 3 times, what a bad day

WD My Passport 2TB Portable USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
USB-powered - Powered directly from the USB port on your PC. No separate power supply is needed

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014