• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.staples.com/Dove-Promises-Holiday-Gift-Boxes-Dark-Cho...

Dark chocolate
18 Chocolates per box
Made from the finest quality cacao for an exceptional, silky smooth chocolate experience
See more details FREE SHIPPING
In Stock Online
Expected Delivery: 2 Business Days
FREE Shipping to store ( Learn More )
Online Only

Member Summary

Dove Promises
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
$20/$75 breakroom. exp 12/31. please post when used. Check my recent posts for more codes.

51410428961920... (more)

aarzi (Dec. 29, 2012 @ 6:46p) |

dude. I just pulled the plug around 5 pm for more chocolates. Missed the coupon, oh well.

Did find out that I cannot us... (more)

tajar96 (Dec. 29, 2012 @ 7:11p) |

Re-plug and cancel your previous order. Place a new one with Dove, Glad bags, and such.

aarzi (Dec. 29, 2012 @ 8:09p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is this a good price for these chocolates. Want to surprise DW. I wish there was a way to scan the UPC code using my iPhone.

tajar96 said:   Is this a good price for these chocolates. Want to surprise DW. I wish there was a way to scan the UPC code using my iPhone.

It's a decent price and these are VERY GOOD chocolates! you MAY find them a little cheaper at a B&M someplace on post xmas clearance but maybe only .50-$1 less, so with free shipping, probably worth the slight extra you'd pay versus gasoline/time to hunt them down.

anyone know if they are kosher?

pimba02 said:   anyone know if they are kosher?

google is your friend.

Just bought one. thanks OP

pimba02 said:   anyone know if they are kosher?

According to thisimage on Amaz0n, it's OU kosher certified.

MISTERCHEAP said:   tajar96 said:   Is this a good price for these chocolates. Want to surprise DW. I wish there was a way to scan the UPC code using my iPhone.

It's a decent price and these are VERY GOOD chocolates! you MAY find them a little cheaper at a B&M someplace on post xmas clearance but maybe only .50-$1 less, so with free shipping, probably worth the slight extra you'd pay versus gasoline/time to hunt them down.
And to think they started out in Chicago many years ago making a single product. A Dove ice cream bar in either vanilla or chocolate.

I thought they started making chocolates first. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dove_%28chocolate%29

tajar96 said:   I thought they started making chocolates first. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dove_%28chocolate%29They may have. When I lived in Chicago on the north side way back when the only Dove products I was aware of were the ice cream bars at the time. They could have had candy shops on the south side that I was not aware of. North side meets south side. This wiki link makes it seem like the ice cream bar came first: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Stefanos

Interesting, learn something every day. Where I grew up (outside the US), we had Galaxy (aka Dove) bars as long as I can remember.

mathfaster said:   tajar96 said:   I thought they started making chocolates first. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dove_%28chocolate%29They may have. When I lived in Chicago on the north side way back when the only Dove products I was aware of were the ice cream bars at the time. They could have had candy shops on the south side that I was not aware of. North side meets south side. This wiki link makes it seems the ice cream bar came first: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Stefanos

Original Dove candy shop in Chicago. and Thanks Mr C for the post.

Any idea, how much this pack weighs?

each candy is 40 grams. which is about 25 ounces for 18, or about 1 1/2 lbs.

I just ordered a package and it is to be hand delivered to my house tomorrow by courier.

MitchFlorida said:   each candy is 40 grams. which is about 25 ounces for 18, or about 1 1/2 lbs.

I just ordered a package and it is to be hand delivered to my house tomorrow by courier.

Don't think it will be 25 Oz total, as the per Oz price comes to about 0.2 Dollar, which is steal by any standard.

Chatted with CSR & he told with that the shipping wt for the packet is 7.5 Oz , so I believe the actual wt for chocolate will be less that that or max 7.5 oz.
CSR was unable to tell the wt printed on the packet.

do the math 40 x 18 equals 720 grams = 25 ounces.

Each candy is 1.4 ounces .. sounds about right.

If each candy is 1 ounce, then it would be 18 ounces or a little bit over a pound.

If the candies aren't an ounce, then I am going to get a refund . . lol

PhinTron said:   MitchFlorida said:   each candy is 40 grams. which is about 25 ounces for 18, or about 1 1/2 lbs.

Don't think it will be 25 Oz total, as the per Oz price comes to about 0.2 Dollar, which is steal by any standard.

Chatted with CSR & he told with that the shipping wt for the packet is 7.5 Oz , so I believe the actual wt for chocolate will be less that that or max 7.5 oz.
CSR was unable to tell the wt printed on the packet.

that sounds about right 7-8 oz for this. It's not a pound of chocolate.

But it is about 1/2 a pound of really good chocolate.

It is 5 oz total weight. Link for weight uncovered

I was suckered by Staples. Not a good feeling.

MitchFlorida said:   I was suckered by Staples. Not a good feeling.
I think it is dumb for them to not post product specs. However, they don't state it is 40 grams, where did you get that number from?

they package them at 40 grams in other boxes. This was a rip off.

did you notice how they cover the net weight in the photograph by covering it with a ribbon?

i tried to cancel but they said it was too late to cancel

by the way, Kmart sells this item at an everyday price of $5.99 , you saved a whole dollar.

Each wrapped candy is a quarter of an ounce.

I ordered this in the morning and my order says it will be delivered by UPS on 12/28. No tracking number yet. Interesting.

MitchFlorida said:   they package them at 40 grams in other boxes. This was a rip off.

did you notice how they cover the net weight in the photograph by covering it with a ribbon?

i tried to cancel but they said it was too late to cancel

by the way, Kmart sells this item at an everyday price of $5.99 , you saved a whole dollar.

Each wrapped candy is a quarter of an ounce.

Mitch,

you can always return an online order in the store if you're not happy. you don't have to ship it back.

Mars chocolate singles will be Free After Easy Bucks beginning Sunday 12/30 at CVS. Dove should be included too.

Staples courier service called me this morning asking for directions to my house. I ordered this yesterday so they are giving me one-day delivery service for basically a candy bar! Fortunately, I told her I was refusing delivery, saving her and me a lot of time and effort.

My order says shipped from warehouse. DW's birthday tomorrow, so this will be a small delivered surprise for her.

I got mine delivered yesterday, DW likey. More getting ordered now. Thanks OP

Per ounce this is not a hot deal since CVS is cheaper

link

But as a gift with free delivery, this holiday boxed item seems like one

That's the idea - Holiday Boxed item.

blueribb said:   Per ounce this is not a hot deal since CVS is cheaper

link

But as a gift with free delivery, this holiday boxed item seems like one

can't compare per ounce price on bagged candy versus gift type packaging. totally different type of use.

obviously, bagged candy will be cheaper. Sort of like buying bulk flowers versus having them done in an arrangement.

----

$20/$75 breakroom. exp 12/31. please post when used. Check my recent posts for more codes.

dude. I just pulled the plug around 5 pm for more chocolates. Missed the coupon, oh well.

Did find out that I cannot use Staples Gift Cards online, did not know that.

Re-plug and cancel your previous order. Place a new one with Dove, Glad bags, and such.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014