• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
cyberbrutus said:   In41.

Extended battery for 600 minutes from Wasabi is ~ $22 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-Battery-Canon-BP-827/dp/B004T...

Doesn't look like that battery fits this camera. AFAIK, this camera can't take extended batteries because the battery is mounted at the bottom.

I bought this model when Canon had the half off sale earlier this month. My unit looked new except for a fingernail scuff on the SD card door (big deal). I haven't recorded much with it yet, but I love all the features (this is a big step up from my Canon miniDV cam).

You might want to spring for the spare battery Canon has on sale for $50. The supplied battery only lasts about 75 minutes. I've read that non-OEM batteries on eBay won't charge in the camera or show their time left in the viewfinder. (Canon's are multi-pin smart batteries, the others are not.)

I have Sony (Vegas) Movie Studio v9 and it imports the files from the SD card just fine.

My only concern so far is it's so small! I have to hold the camera in my right hand and the open viewfinder in my left to keep it steady.

Too bad it doesn't have optical stabilization.

slickdeal45 said:   Too bad it doesn't have optical stabilization.

The feature section shows it has Dynamic IS - are you saying it is software correction instead of optical?

Here is the section:

Dynamic IS
With the Canon VIXIA HF R20, you can be sure that even on the move your video will be smooth, steady and professional looking. The Dynamic IS system provides continuous adjustment throughout the entire zoom range to correct a broader range of motion. In comparison to conventional electronic image stabilization systems, extra compensation is applied at wide-angle focal lengths to eliminate unwanted vibration common when shooting while walking.

SlickDogg said:   cyberbrutus said:   In41.

Extended battery for 600 minutes from Wasabi is ~ $22 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-Battery-Canon-BP-827/dp/B004T...

Doesn't look like that battery fits this camera. AFAIK, this camera can't take extended batteries because the battery is mounted at the bottom.

Can anyone confirm this?
Which extended battery can we get?

I will be getting the camera delivered tomorrow. Depending on where the battery is, I can tell if the extended one fits or not.
The Amazon link says it fits..but wait for one more day and we can confirm for sure.

in 4 1 THANKS OP

GreatBeach said:   slickdeal45 said:   Too bad it doesn't have optical stabilization.

The feature section shows it has Dynamic IS - are you saying it is software correction instead of optical?

Here is the section:

Dynamic IS
With the Canon VIXIA HF R20, you can be sure that even on the move your video will be smooth, steady and professional looking. The Dynamic IS system provides continuous adjustment throughout the entire zoom range to correct a broader range of motion. In comparison to conventional electronic image stabilization systems, extra compensation is applied at wide-angle focal lengths to eliminate unwanted vibration common when shooting while walking.

Yup, it's the crappy kind. If you use much zoom it becomes apparent.

Just checked online manual..The extended battery will not fit !

Oh well, still seems like a killer deal for a good camera. Just ordered one. Had to pay $7.00 tax in Georgia but got the shipping free with the mentioned coupon.

Thanks OP!

in 4 1

$106.25 delivered? Sweet! Thanks, OP. Got 1

Holy smoky! In for 1000!

Deal still works. Canon must have quite a few of them. in41. thanks.

zango21 said:   Thanks OP , In 4 1.

106 including taxes + free shipping (DEC12) for CT.
+
5% discover CashBack

thanks OP for posting. thanks zango for the Discover CashBack reminder. Hopefully I did the fat wallet CashBack correctly, free shipping, paid with Discover Card, and I was enrolled in the 5% CashBack for online purchases. $216 including tax for two.

4 1

joot said:   ^^ AVCHD files...you need a robust, up to date computer to edit in this file format...otherwise you need to convert the file to another less demanding format for editing....

Actually use something like Serif MoviePlus X5 (it's often free after rebate from Office Depot or Frys.) It will automatically create proxy files that allow you to edit the footage and then render using the full res files for output (or use the proxy files if you're down-converting anyways to share online.)

The Moviemaker that comes with Windows7 will also create proxy files to allow for editing on processors that won't handle full HD decoding.

Thanks OP in for 1. (Actually I wanted the R200 because getting footage off of the internal drive via USB is a pain --- I'd rather just pop out a card and be done with it, but turns out the R200 was actually going to be more expensive because it didn't qualify for the free shipping.)

kimgkimg said:   Thanks OP in for 1. (Actually I wanted the R200 because getting footage off of the internal drive via USB is a pain --- I'd rather just pop out a card and be done with it, but turns out the R200 was actually going to be more expensive because it didn't qualify for the free shipping.)
Why can't you just pop the card out of the R20 and be done with it? The R20 has two SDXC-compatible memory card slots.

Awesome camcorder......had this model almost 1 year.....you can't beat this price people!

In for 1

AmishBoy said:   kimgkimg said:   Thanks OP in for 1. (Actually I wanted the R200 because getting footage off of the internal drive via USB is a pain --- I'd rather just pop out a card and be done with it, but turns out the R200 was actually going to be more expensive because it didn't qualify for the free shipping.)
Why can't you just pop the card out of the R20 and be done with it? The R20 has two SDXC-compatible memory card slots.

Yeah that's what I planned to do. Just seemed like a waste to pay for a feature I wasn't going to use.

Yeah...the only difference between the R20 and the R200 is the R20 has 8GB internal storage (if I'm not mistaken).

Thanks OP! in for 1. Now just to get rid of my Panasonic on eBay.

AmishBoy said:   Yeah...the only difference between the R20 and the R200 is the R20 has 8GB internal storage (if I'm not mistaken).

not sure what the r200 was in pricing but its now $89.99 plus tax, free ship. if they are identical except for internal 8gb, it should be pretty good deal too right?

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1247661/?fwcs=ta307617

labudski said:   EclipseDS said:   HF R200 have no built-in memory. HF R20 is loads better in that aspect

what makes you say that?

Internal 8GB for $10 more?

EclipseDS said:   labudski said:   EclipseDS said:   HF R200 have no built-in memory. HF R20 is loads better in that aspect

what makes you say that?

Internal 8GB for $10 more?

yup, looks like $10 more for 8gb internal memory.

labudski said:   EclipseDS said:   HF R200 have no built-in memory. HF R20 is loads better in that aspect

what makes you say that?

i think internal memory is faster than SD memory card, by theory i guess.

wiru

wiru said:   labudski said:   EclipseDS said:   HF R200 have no built-in memory. HF R20 is loads better in that aspect

what makes you say that?

i think internal memory is faster than SD memory card, by theory i guess.

wiru

That, and you can't grab the camera and run out the door to film and forget to put a card in the thing. The voice of experience speaketh.

Thanks to the OP! I'm in.

Cyberbrutus, please confirm if the external high capacity battery noted in this thread fits when you can.

Have a happy new year, all!

In 4 1
Also went for extra batteries here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170846294607

Thanks Telco for the eBay link. Ordered my camera on Friday and ordered the extra batteries today. Great deal for 3 batteries ($22.99) with charger.

good deal...fyi these sell for ~$125-130 on eBay

Awesome...I have been wanting another camcorder.

Thanks,

Kitsvel

in for the camera and the eBay charger ($22.99)

Thanks OP, in 4 1

thanks

I currently have a Cisco Flip 4GB model (720p) and other than the optical zoom on the Canon (1080p), I don't think of why I should get this since I currently don't shoot things from far away.

Dead. Now $249.

Mine arrived yesterday and it certainly looks new to me. I can't find a single cosmetic flaw. Thanks, OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014