• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Cant wait for mine to get here.

bippie said:   Mine arrived yesterday and it certainly looks new to me. I can't find a single cosmetic flaw. Thanks, OP!

I've found when ordering refurbished products from the manufacturer like Canon and Apple, the products look to be and are probably brand new but they can't officially discount their products and cut the retailers throat so they use the "refurbish" line. Do you really think Apple and Canon have that many thousands of refurbished products laying around?That would indicate some serious manufacturing difficulties on the assembly line. Something like CowBoom is another story and i would certainly be wary.

bellemead said:   Dead. Now $249.

Hmmm.. Ordered yesterday and it was $100 with free shipping. Already got $2.50 FatCash too.

bones774 said:   bippie said:   Mine arrived yesterday and it certainly looks new to me. I can't find a single cosmetic flaw. Thanks, OP!

I've found when ordering refurbished products from the manufacturer like Canon and Apple, the products look to be and are probably brand new but they can't officially discount their products and cut the retailers throat so they use the "refurbish" line. Do you really think Apple and Canon have that many thousands of refurbished products laying around?That would indicate some serious manufacturing difficulties on the assembly line. Something like CowBoom is another story and i would certainly be wary.

Correct - this is how many manufacturers unload old inventory. They mark it as refurb and sell thru alternate channels like eBay so as not to upset the retailers. Often it is refurb label on the box and also involve re-boxing it on plain brown box.

BPH789 said:   bones774 said:   bippie said:   Mine arrived yesterday and it certainly looks new to me. I can't find a single cosmetic flaw. Thanks, OP!

Correct - this is how many manufacturers unload old inventory. They mark it as refurb and sell thru alternate channels like eBay so as not to upset the retailers. Often it is refurb label on the box and also involve re-boxing it on plain brown box.

Yup, you always get the "plain brown box", who cares, how much did we save on a high end Canon camcorder? it's great.

I'm not that tech savvy with camcorders, can i use this to replace a moderate level point and shoot digi camera?
I'm already in 4 1 anyway at that price. thanks

joot said:   ^^ AVCHD files...you need a robust, up to date computer to edit in this file format...otherwise you need to convert the file to another less demanding format for editing....

i was about to say the exact same thing... and decent software for editing. I have this camcorder, it takes very nice video, ok sound, and decent still shots even. but you need a pretty decent computer to do editing in HD. I am also using Corel VideoStudio Pro to edit/compile.

Can anyone report how well the eBay/Amazon batteries work in this camera.

Zuke76 said:   Can anyone report how well the eBay/Amazon batteries work in this camera.

yes, would really appreciate if anyone can comment on aftermarket battery.

received this camera yesterday, really love it.

only issue is that the battery gets only about 100 min fully charged. should be fine in the beginnig but sure will see battery life deteriating as the battery ages.

wiru

I see they are on sale again, not as good as before. Any one got a free shipping promo code ?

Anyone get there fat cash on this?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014