• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Fry.com is selling the SAMSUNG PN63C7000 63" 1080P 3D PLASMA HDTV for just $399.00. Pickup only. Check it out.

http://www.frys.com/product/6254830?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Member Summary

SAMSUNG PN63C7000
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This has got to be a price mistake. I'm in NY anyway so as always I don't stand a chance with frys stores.

unavailable in DFW area !!

This doesn't make sense unless there's one in Alaska.

Its been there for like a month now. Always not available.

unavailable in DFW area !!

That is a unbelievable deal! Green for you - though I do not have a Fry's within 100 miles (NJ )

Why can't Frys come to NJ? It would put Best Buy out of business...

unavailable in Atlanta

Thanks for saving me the drive.

Thanks for saving me the drive.

jonesyjones said:   That is a unbelievable deal! Green for you - though I do not have a Fry's within 100 miles (NJ )

Why can't Frys come to NJ? It would put Best Buy out of business...
No need for that. Best buy is doing a good enough job of putting themselves out of business

Agree there must be only 1 available and probally is in alaska!

This reduced Frys TV pricing has been discussed many times before in several other threads. Fry's reduces prices over time on clearance items. On TVs, Fry's seems to continue to reduce prices in its inventory system well after inventory has been exhausted. One time, I talked to a TV dept. manager who even keyed in a bunch of such "great priced" TVs. The all showed no stock in any store. Some of the models listed at ridiculously low pricing were as much as 2 to 3 yrs old. Unlike other stores, I don't know why Frys doesn't remove items when inventory is exhausted, but continues to show price reductions online. In other words, what I'm trying to say is that the TV listed in the thread doesn't exist for the price mentioned.

But note this is very different from the "good TV deals" that they actually have on current models that are sometimes advertised for 1/2 or more off. I've also found the best deals are on Fry's Wed, not Fri. ads. But when you see something like the item/pricing in this thread, if it isn't one of the advertised specials, and if it is a non-current model, by the time the price hits a fraction of value...the too good to be true range...the TV has been out-of-stock for some time, possibly over a year, and that deal doesn't exist in any of their stores.

So this is essentially a myth. Ok then. Not hot, not a deal, doesn't exist.

A long time ago when I worked for a retailer that's no longer in business, the corporate office would mark down the value of inventory long after there were none in stock.

I was told that the markdowns continued on all items over $100 until the last extended warranty sold on each item expired, so that if a customer received a replacement under warranty, and the service department was later able to repair it, the manager on duty would know the lowest acceptable sale price when they got it back.

I can't imagine how much money they wasted in the accounting department marking down discontinued products.

Maybe it's something like this, but why Fry's would show something like this on their public website eludes me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014