NewEgg Year-End "BLOWOUT"

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

NewEgg Logo
Disclaimer
Since "The Staff' is going to post it anyway, I figured I'd get it out of the way...

Link For Year End Blowout

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Agreed but, not at this price. Amazon last night was $85.

The fs51's are no where to be had at this point.

COMPUTIAC (Dec. 29, 2012 @ 11:56a) |

Great for a desktop computer. Not so good for a notebook. The receiver is about the size of a pack of Wrigleys gum and i... (more)

harlock001 (Dec. 29, 2012 @ 12:13p) |

They did the same to me, but later just refunded my money without a return needed. Apparently they noticed my order hist... (more)

harlock001 (Dec. 29, 2012 @ 12:28p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

SithMaster said:   Since "The Staff' is going to post it anywayGeneric Newegg sales usually only get posted on weekends, or on the rare occasion that I happen to get a day off.

EDIT TO ADD: Green for making your point, not for the "deal"

Take a day off, what kind of commitment is that?

Solipsist said:   SithMaster said:   Since "The Staff' is going to post it anywayGeneric Newegg sales usually only get posted on weekends, or on the rare occasion that I happen to get a day off.

How'bout one of yews tellin us what's GOOD...

from the "generic" list/deal.

Thadadd be nice.

SithMaster said:   Take a day off, what kind of commitment is that?

Solipsist said:   SithMaster said:   Since "The Staff' is going to post it anywayGeneric Newegg sales usually only get posted on weekends, or on the rare occasion that I happen to get a day off.

When staff posts Newegg sales without calling out the best items or discounts, the response in the forums is almost always negative.

The negative response is presumably because just stating that there is a sale, and not what is on sale or for how much may be seen as something less than helpful information... and some members may even consider it a waste of their time to even have to read it

Because I am aware of those facts, I will not post the entire Newegg sale; therefore it usually only happens on days when I am not here

I gave your OP green because I thought you were calling us out on the times when staff does post the sales that way, and at the time I thought I was agreeing with you that it is bad form for us to do that

well i get these kinda of deals from Newegg, microcenter etc.. almost in a daily basis. No great deals on this promotion from Newegg for me, maybe they'll get better prices closer to new years.

This seems like a good deal...

HighPoint Rocket 622 PCI-Express 2.0 x1 SATA III (6.0Gb/s) Controller Card
Low-Cost Dual-eSATA SATA 6Gb/s, Plug&Play Ready

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816115073

Original price $24.99

$5.00 discount with code EMCJHHG96
$15 Mail in rebate
Free shipping

The price ends up about $5.00 after code & rebate.

I thought the refurb Dir-655 was a deal and posted it.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1247237/

HTuttle said:   How'bout one of yews tellin us what's GOOD...

from the "generic" list/deal.

Thadadd be nice.

EXACTAMUNDO !!!!!!!!!!!

Solipsist said:   
The negative response is presumably because just stating that there is a sale, and not what is on sale or for how much may be seen as something less than helpful information... and some members may even consider it a waste of their time to even have to read it

Because I am aware of those facts, I will not post the entire Newegg sale; therefore it usually only happens on days when I am not here

I gave your OP green because I thought you were calling us out on the times when staff does post the sales that way, and at the time I thought I was agreeing with you that it is bad form for us to do that

SithMaster said:   EXACTAMUNDO !!!!!!!!!!!

Also it irritates me that it becomes a "Best Deal" in like 5 minutes because even though it has 500 reds it's a "Staff" post.

Solipsist said:   

They actually become forum posts because they were posted as Best Deals first.

Whenever something gets posted in Best Deals that isn't already in the forums, an new forum topic has to be created to link to it.

As a group, we Best Deals editors could probably do a better job of following up on those posts to keep track of what does and doesn't work.

Why all the red "The Staff" agrees with me ?

Solipsist said:   

harlock001 said:   This seems like a good deal...

HighPoint Rocket 622 PCI-Express 2.0 x1 SATA III (6.0Gb/s) Controller Card
Low-Cost Dual-eSATA SATA 6Gb/s, Plug&Play Ready

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816115073

Original price $24.99

$5.00 discount with code EMCJHHG96
$15 Mail in rebate
Free shipping

The price ends up about $5.00 after code & rebate.

Now I have somewhere to plug my dozens and dozens of eSATA devices.

I was going to say this Blue-Ray Combo Drive is a great deal for only $25 shipped

Link

Until I read the reviews. I am still tempted to find out if is a firmware issue because most of the issues on Google looks like firmware fixed it. Most of those post are about yr old so updated to older firmware. So if is a firmware issue wonder if can go back to old firmware.

Anyone have this drive? Any issues? and if so have you tried to update to the latest firmware?

Firmware

Solipsist said:   SithMaster said:   Take a day off, what kind of commitment is that?

When staff posts Newegg sales without calling out the best items or discounts, the response in the forums is almost always negative.

or maybe because true sales prices are rarity at Newegg now since they got dominate in tech market?

This is the sort of "BLOWOUT" you might have after too much turkey and eggs.

FrugalFreak said:   ***long quote omitted***
or maybe because true sales prices are rarity at Newegg now since they got dominate in tech market?
I'm not 100% with you on that, but I definitely see your point.

The thing I am really disappointed in is the Shell Shockers. I used to see awesome deals in there all the time, and now they hardly even cause me to raise an eyebrow.

They do still have some real sale prices, and I find that they usually have a few to several pretty great deals going at any given time.

Along with the apparent market dominance that you mentioned, their selection of items has increased by a lot.

That leads to possibly having to wait much longer for the thing you want to go on sale... and the bigger selection also means you now have a bunch of "MEH" to sort through to get to the really sweet deals (see this "Year-End BLOWOUT" for case in point)

At the end of the day, the great sale prices are still out there... it's just that now you have to go digging for them.

Hopefully we (the Best Deals team) can get back to doing the digging for you, or at least highlighting the things that our members have dug up for us. What I (and obviously the OP and a few others in this thread) would like for us to get away from is the habit of just slapping up the sale page and wishing you the best of luck finding something worthwhile.

Correctamundo. And that's what we're gonna be. We're gonna be cool.
Disclaimer
SithMaster said:   Why all the red "The Staff" agrees with me ?

Solipsist said:   

Maybe they thought you misquoted Samuel Jackson?

I totally agree, I very rarely get shocked anymore. "The EGG" adverts seem to have seriously gone downhill since their Black Friday flop !!!!!!!

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1237854/

The add in products seem to be from opening up 3rd party vending to follow Amazon's model.

Solipsist said:   FrugalFreak said:   ***long quote omitted***
I'm not 100% with you on that, but I definitely see your point.

The thing I am really disappointed in is the Shell Shockers. I used to see awesome deals in there all the time, and now they hardly even cause me to raise an eyebrow.

They do still have some real sale prices, and I find that they usually have a few to several pretty great deals going at any given time.

Along with the apparent market dominance that you mentioned, their selection of items has increased by a lot.

That leads to possibly having to wait much longer for the thing you want to go on sale... and the bigger selection also means you now have a bunch of "MEH" to sort through to get to the really sweet deals (see this "Year-End BLOWOUT" for case in point)

At the end of the day, the great sale prices are still out there... it's just that now you have to go digging for them.

Hopefully we (the Best Deals team) can get back to doing the digging for you, or at least highlighting the things that our members have dug up for us. What I (and obviously the OP and a few others in this thread) would like for us to get away from is the habit of just slapping up the sale page and wishing you the best of luck finding something worthwhile.

Personally I pay homage to "The BAMF" with a BAMF quote...

Solipsist said:   SithMaster said:   Why all the red "The Staff" agrees with me ?

Solipsist said:   

Maybe they thought you misquoted Samuel Jackson?

The Microsoft wireless mouse doesn't look bad at $12.99 shipped. Or are there better for the price?

SithMaster said:   I totally agree, I very rarely get shocked anymore. "The EGG" adverts seem to have seriously gone downhill since their Black Friday flop !!!!!!!

And their recent swirling in the toilet customer service... I bought the 5x "pair" LED lightbulb deal on BF. The sent only part of my order. When I contacted them about it, they pretty much told me 'too bad.' Really??!! So, I asked them to send me a call tag (I have Shoprunner free returns). They refused. Really??!! So, I generated an RMA and shipped them back on my dime, and contacted my cc to dispute the charge. I also contacted the BBB. Newegg responded to the BBB complaint with flowers and roses and told me how they were 'very sorry for the inconvenience' and offered to 'make it up to me' on my next purchase. Well, when I tried to log into my Newegg account, I got a notice that it was "suspended." I contacted the representative who responded to the BBB complaint, who told me that my account was "suspended" because of the cc dispute... a dispute I was forced to raise because their representative refused to make good on the order I placed. I have screenshots of everything throughout this ordeal, and my cc stands behind me firmly on the issue. So much for Newegg being 'very sorry.'

/and now, back to your regularly scheduled program.

Pioneer SW-8 100W Powered Sub-woofer $69.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=82-117-402&SortF...

When this model runs out, there will be no more !

COMPUTIAC said:   Pioneer SW-8 100W Powered Sub-woofer $69.99

That is usually the case when no more are being made. Plenty of other places if you just have to have that sub.

MeIsCheap said:   COMPUTIAC said:   Pioneer SW-8 100W Powered Sub-woofer $69.99

That is usually the case when no more are being made. Plenty of other places if you just have to have that sub.

Agreed but, not at this price. Amazon last night was $85.

The fs51's are no where to be had at this point.

anonguy said:   The Microsoft wireless mouse doesn't look bad at $12.99 shipped. Or are there better for the price?

Great for a desktop computer. Not so good for a notebook. The receiver is about the size of a pack of Wrigleys gum and is just asking to be broken off.

The BlueTrack technology is excellent. No mousepad needed. It works on the couch, your arm, the carpet, pretty much anything

labboypro said:   

I bought the 5x "pair" LED lightbulb deal on BF. The sent only part of my order. When I contacted them about it, they pretty much told me 'too bad.'

I also contacted the BBB.

They did the same to me, but later just refunded my money without a return needed. Apparently they noticed my order history and thought I was a customer worth keeping.

A post on http://www.resellerratings.com/ is always a good idea as well. ShopRunner.com seems to have a good support forum also. I don't think I'd waste my time with the BBB but glad it helped you.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.