• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
canusa said:   My $20 rewards (not check) arrived today.

canusa said:   They said check.

aarzi said:   canusa said:   they said they would send a $20 check, even though I paid $18 for two,
maybe to cover tax.
If it's a voucher (reward) and not a real check, then it's because they come in 5, 10, 20.....

They're generally called "rewards checks."

That was quick. I still haven't received a response to my e-mail... and of course its Saturday so can't call for a few more days. Anyone find out if we're able to participate in the 100% back again for these file boxes next week? Are the Advantus SKUs added to the promotion or do we have to hunt out a store that has the correct ones?

FatWalker said:   69ragtop said:   FatWalker said:   69ragtop said:   Here is a tote label.

The fact that they are sending checks to people that bought boxes instead of totes is Staples trying to keep their customers happy.

Ok...but what is your point?....my point is that Staples wastes a lot of time (and money) not advising store employees and managers what the offers are. If they wanted to avoid problems and expenses and trying to keep customers happy....all they have to do is display what SKU's are included in the offer....case closed.

Totally agree with you. I was just trying to explain how to avoid the hassle if the totes are free after rewards again in the future.

OK...thanks....I misunderstood your point and thought you were defending these obfuscators of fine totes/boxes/cases/etc.

If it makes you feel any better, I got bit on the bankers boxes this week. Bought the 10 pack in front of the free sign. They were the right brand. Sign said ANY Bankers Box was Free After Rewards but only had one 8 pack sku and one 10 pack sku. So I buy them and when they post to the rewards website a few days later, they were the wrong sku and had no rewards. Returned them today. Staples person said they had 25 of the right SKU for the 10 pack but could not find any. Finally found the right SKU of the 8 pack so I bought a couple of those. There will be a lot of irate people when they learn the 10 packs they bought do no qualify for rewards. Sure, some of them will get checks anyway, but to your previous point, Staples is not helping themselves or us by not managing this promotion better.

69ragtop said:   If it makes you feel any better, I got bit on the bankers boxes this week. Bought the 10 pack in front of the free sign. They were the right brand. Sign said ANY Bankers Box was Free After Rewards but only had one 8 pack sku and one 10 pack sku. So I buy them and when they post to the rewards website a few days later, they were the wrong sku and had no rewards. Returned them today. Staples person said they had 25 of the right SKU for the 10 pack but could not find any. Finally found the right SKU of the 8 pack so I bought a couple of those. There will be a lot of irate people when they learn the 10 packs they bought do no qualify for rewards. Sure, some of them will get checks anyway, but to your previous point, Staples is not helping themselves or us by not managing this promotion better.
Always check the sales flyer in store regardless of what the signs say or where they are placed. I thought this week's ad made in pretty clear what specific items were Rewards items (unlike last week's ad).

yoregano said:   69ragtop said:   If it makes you feel any better, I got bit on the bankers boxes this week. Bought the 10 pack in front of the free sign. They were the right brand. Sign said ANY Bankers Box was Free After Rewards but only had one 8 pack sku and one 10 pack sku. So I buy them and when they post to the rewards website a few days later, they were the wrong sku and had no rewards. Returned them today. Staples person said they had 25 of the right SKU for the 10 pack but could not find any. Finally found the right SKU of the 8 pack so I bought a couple of those. There will be a lot of irate people when they learn the 10 packs they bought do no qualify for rewards. Sure, some of them will get checks anyway, but to your previous point, Staples is not helping themselves or us by not managing this promotion better.
Always check the sales flyer in store regardless of what the signs say or where they are placed. I thought this week's ad made in pretty clear what specific items were Rewards items (unlike last week's ad).

Not always clear as in the file boxes and portable filers. Ad says assorted SKUs, when it's only certain SKUs. For the portable ones, says from $ to $ value, but it's really one style in three color choices and one price which confuses people.

yoregano said:   69ragtop said:   If it makes you feel any better, I got bit on the bankers boxes this week. Bought the 10 pack in front of the free sign. They were the right brand. Sign said ANY Bankers Box was Free After Rewards but only had one 8 pack sku and one 10 pack sku. So I buy them and when they post to the rewards website a few days later, they were the wrong sku and had no rewards. Returned them today. Staples person said they had 25 of the right SKU for the 10 pack but could not find any. Finally found the right SKU of the 8 pack so I bought a couple of those. There will be a lot of irate people when they learn the 10 packs they bought do no qualify for rewards. Sure, some of them will get checks anyway, but to your previous point, Staples is not helping themselves or us by not managing this promotion better.

The ad had two SKUs but there were no SKUs on the sign or the product in the store. It was in the middle of a wide aisle and had a "Free After Rewards" sign. Receipt showed UPC. Next time I will have to ask them to scan it and tell me the SKU.

69ragtop said:   yoregano said:   69ragtop said:   If it makes you feel any better, I got bit on the bankers boxes this week. Bought the 10 pack in front of the free sign. They were the right brand. Sign said ANY Bankers Box was Free After Rewards but only had one 8 pack sku and one 10 pack sku. So I buy them and when they post to the rewards website a few days later, they were the wrong sku and had no rewards. Returned them today. Staples person said they had 25 of the right SKU for the 10 pack but could not find any. Finally found the right SKU of the 8 pack so I bought a couple of those. There will be a lot of irate people when they learn the 10 packs they bought do no qualify for rewards. Sure, some of them will get checks anyway, but to your previous point, Staples is not helping themselves or us by not managing this promotion better.

The ad had two SKUs but there were no SKUs on the sign or the product in the store. It was in the middle of a wide aisle and had a "Free After Rewards" sign. Receipt showed UPC. Next time I will have to ask them to scan it and tell me the SKU.

Not always clear, but still always check the flyer to see if the pic matches what the store is claiming to be a Rewards item. For the boxes, the ad did say Bankers Box and 8/ct. Even if the store erroneously had a sign up indicating any boxes, the 8/ct. mentioned in the ad would have saved you some confusion and hassle.

yoregano said:   69ragtop said:   yoregano said:   69ragtop said:   If it makes you feel any better, I got bit on the bankers boxes this week. Bought the 10 pack in front of the free sign. They were the right brand. Sign said ANY Bankers Box was Free After Rewards but only had one 8 pack sku and one 10 pack sku. So I buy them and when they post to the rewards website a few days later, they were the wrong sku and had no rewards. Returned them today. Staples person said they had 25 of the right SKU for the 10 pack but could not find any. Finally found the right SKU of the 8 pack so I bought a couple of those. There will be a lot of irate people when they learn the 10 packs they bought do no qualify for rewards. Sure, some of them will get checks anyway, but to your previous point, Staples is not helping themselves or us by not managing this promotion better.

Not always clear, but still always check the flyer to see if the pic matches what the store is claiming to be a Rewards item. For the boxes, the ad did say Bankers Box and 8/ct. Even if the store erroneously had a sign up indicating any boxes, the 8/ct. mentioned in the ad would have saved you some confusion and hassle.

If you look at the print ad again, both 8/ct and 10/ct are valid and there is a sku for each. So the picture matched, price matched, and description matched.

Staples CS update:

So for those getting rejected and/or no e-mail responses. Try calling during BUSINESS hours (before 5PM ET) to get the REWARDS CS line. After 5PM it goes to regular Staples CS, which can help, but they aren't aware of the issue. I have to call again tomorrow during the day...

That said, for THIS WEEK'S same promo on the Letter/Legal File boxes, the Advantus SKUs have been added to the promo according to the CSR so for those who are OCD like I am and like things the same, you can get the same Advantus boxes.

SKUS for this week:

Hope this helps those trying to get credit and those afraid of buying again this week.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014